Is Disney planning on phasing out Marvel?

Hey, Sup Forums. I've been thinking. We all know that Big Hero Six is a Marvel property, but ever since Disney made the movie that has all been forgotten. Considering Marvel's trend of riding off the success of movies, it's pretty obvious Disney isn't letting them use Big Hero Six in the comics. But why? Clearly they want Big Hero Six to be considered more of a "Disney" property than a "Marvel" one whenever people think of it, but if Disney owns Marvel then what difference should it make? By now I assume you all have heard the rumors of Disney licensing out or dropping Marvel all together, but for those who didn't I'll give the quick summary. Disney is selling some properties they don't see as profitable. Obviously, Marvel Comics seems like a prime target for this kind of treatment. But apart from the comics, we all know that the Marvel movies get less and less tickets sold with each title that releases. Add to the fact that they came out and said that there were plans of actually ENDING the MCU, could Disney be wise to it? We all know how petty Disney can get to properties that under preform, despite making a shit ton of money (I.E., Tron). So could Disney be planning on selling Marvel or putting the division on the back burner till they see use in it? Or perhaps selling Marvel while keeping rights to Big Hero Six, Spider-Man, and Avengers? Keep in mind, the only reason they bought Marvel in the first place was because Disney wanted a franchise that appealed to boys and George Lucas turned them down initially. With Lucas giving in after the Marvel deal, they already have their ideal "boy" property as opposed to the sloppy seconds.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/idw-publishing-big-hero-6-comics-animated-series/
thekingdominsider.com/will-disney-stop-publishing-marvel-comic-books/
nytimes.com/2010/05/13/business/media/13saban.html
thekingdominsider.com/rumor-marvel-comics-trouble-disney-relocating-burbank/
youtube.com/watch?v=BGHed3efPZI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They've dipped their toes into letting IDW return to Star Wars with that Adventures series. I wish they would return Star Wars to IDW. They apparently aren't as intimidating to write for. Plus, Lucasfilm has the story group now, so it's not like the canon would get too jumbled again.

>return.
You're thinking of Dark Horse initially. IDW getting their hands on Star Wars is new.

cbr.com/idw-publishing-big-hero-6-comics-animated-series/

Marvel movies ain't going anywhere but Disney is probably anticipating it performing less after IW and prolly want to change the model. For SW comics its really weird since they've been outselling in-house Marvel titles since the buyout.

Shiiiiiiiit. Might as well source what I was talking about in the OP
>thekingdominsider.com/will-disney-stop-publishing-marvel-comic-books/
>nytimes.com/2010/05/13/business/media/13saban.html
There's also that one Japanese section of the company that they completely sold off, but since I don't know the name of it I can't find the source. I'm sure a more Sup Forums savvy person could get it for me.

thekingdominsider.com/rumor-marvel-comics-trouble-disney-relocating-burbank/
Plagiarizing DC again, huh?

It's like watching a pet dog grow old and die. Shit's depressing. Hopefully endgame is Disney selling the properties to a company that would actually give a shit about them.

More like a Farmer (Disney) bought a healthy cow (Marvel) and milked it once a day, but after finding that there is still milk (IPs) left, they start to milk it several times a day, even if it is just droplets.
They cow (Marvel) dries up innerly. The milk drinkers (movie goers) got fed so much milk (Movies) that they cant see it anymore. Than the farmer (Disney) start to think to sell the husk cow (Marvel).

I would....If you hadn't reminded me that OMD is still a thing.

Why is his skin grey? Bizarro Spidey?

Me not responsible. Me Uncle alive.

Lol

IT'S TIME FOR UDON VERSE AND MURATA TO DRAW SPIDER-MAN

BASED JAPAN PLEASE SAVE US

>Disney wanted a franchise that appealed to boys and George Lucas turned them down initially. With Lucas giving in after the Marvel deal, they already have their ideal "boy" property as opposed to the sloppy seconds.
They turned it into a bunch of girl power movies

Wouldn't even be mad.

What's wrong with that? Why should boys get everything?

>we all know that the Marvel movies get less and less tickets sold with each title that releases.
What? Both GOTG 2 and Spider-Man Homecoming are in the $800 range.

Let's be honest here. Hardly any little girls are going out and buying Force Awakened merch. Its mostly boys who want to hit people with toy lightsabers.

OP, stop being dumb.

Disney told Marvel to drop BH6 stuff because they made alterations with the property, and Marvel was being stingy. IDW is doing kids comics for Star Wars and BH6, as well as Spider-Man for Archie comics.

The movies are fine and aren't going anywhere. If they were ending at Avengers 4, then why is Spider-man 2 and GOTG 3 planned?

Otherwise, yeah, the comic division is fucked because stubborn writers think their liberal messages trump stories.

>and Marvel was being stingy.
Huh? Its their IP.

>writers think their liberal messages trump stories.
>trump
Top kek

Dark Horse had Star Wars. IDW has only touched it now for the first time.

Give it back to Dark Horse.

Yeah, and they were telling the animation division what to do and dictate tone, which the Disney animators did not like.

Okay? It is still THEIR IP though. What they wanted to do with the movie and what Disney tells them to do in the comics are completely seperate things. This would have still happened even if Marvel was silent.

Triggered

USE FUCKING PARAGRAPHS!

>For SW comics its really weird since they've been outselling in-house Marvel titles since the buyout.

Not universally, but generally yes you're right. Aphra is in the upper middle of Marvel's in-house pack, and the limited series usually drop to the 30k-40k range too. Poe Dameron is the quiet failure of the Star Wars line, underselling All New Wolverine.

But you're right that the main series has always been a very strong seller compared to the rest, and both Vader comics -- the Gillen book and the new Soule book -- have been right behind it. The main series isn't even good, Jason Aaron has NO grasp on the voice or personality of Luke, Han, or Leia and keeps jacking off over his OC Sana. His Thor run is better than his Star Wars run, but his Thor run is so weak that Star Wars is selling 3 copies to its 2 when the ONLY advantage it has is brand name.

>The main series isn't even good

Why would I be triggered? Its not like I own the property, but it's still a shady move from Disney and they are clearly in the wrong.

Hey

There

Reddit.

Am

I

Spacing

Enough

For

You?

Youre opinion is wrong and being challenged. Hence the being triggered.

Tell me with a straight face that any arc from Aaron Star Wars after Rebel Jail was good. If you can even say Rebel Jail was good.

Tell me seriously that Last Flight of the Harbinger, Yoda's Secret War, or the recent oneshot spam weren't trash. Even Screaming Citadel was just propped up by the Aphra half.

no, marvel is planning on phasing out marvel

>We all know that Big Hero Six is a Marvel property, but ever since Disney made the movie that has all been forgotten
Except for getting an animated series and a sequel and a dedicated kingdom hearts world.

>your opinion is wrong.
I'm pretty sure you're the one that's triggered here, considering you started to get autistic when I tried to figure out exactly how Marvel was being stingy when they own the property. I'm fine, bro. Had a pretty nice day all things considered.

The fact that it's a Marvel property is being forgotten.

Keep telling yourself that

Where are you people even coming from? Did other forums suddenly decide Sup Forums was a good place to hang out? Or is mimicking snowflakes and/or social justice retards the current troll fad?

I'm honestly wondering because this sort of post has become more common than I've ever seen it here.

Tumblr has been getting fed up with that kind of shit, so migration lead their flock here.

BH6 under Marvel mentions the A-Bombs being dropped on Japan at every opportunity. I think it's safe to say, taking the team out of Marvel's hands is a smart one.

>BASED JAPAN PLEASE SAVE US
yes, Capcom takes good care of its properties

Yes please!

During the Boom Darkwing Duck and Ducktales series, Marvel kep t the contract for as long as it did, because it was apparently more profitable than them making the books themselves.

Marvel comics has no future, they're crashing and burning and pretending nothing is wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if Marvel characters that can be profitable like Spider-Man are written by IDW in a year

Honestly, depends on how much of a shitter Marvel is in by the time Ike retires.

Will go like this:

Complete garbage everywhere: Closes down the comic division and licenses them out to IDW or another comic group and sells TPB of big hits at normal stores, adds the animation, merch and game department to the main Disney area.

30% undamaged: Massive clean house. Brings back big names and puts it under someone they trust, probably will get Feige to pick.

50% undamaged: Brings in good editors and gets rid of the shitty wirters who won't listen.

In all areas, fully expecting Bendis to leave. He won't be able to keep his books going his way.

They didn't even have the Marvel logo in the movie, like they want people to think it was Disney's own idea from the start.

we call that reddit spacing here new friendo.

Wrong website youtube.com/watch?v=BGHed3efPZI