Static thread

Static is getting a new comic series next year. Are you exited for it ? What do you want to see in his new series ?

>Hudlin
No.

I might read Pak's book though since he's alright.

I'm excited for it but also worried about it cause Static's creators are died exited for his artist who is co writing his new series .I'm worried they might not get his character .

I've heard Milestone didn't want Static in Injustice 2 so they had him taken out. Is that true ?

>What do you want to see in his new series ?
I want the characters who were created for the cartoon to appear in it. especially Richie and Ebon.

I wonder there giving Static the power to ride on lightning in his new series.

I mean damn, the TV series gave him a cool costume, then just improved with every iteration of it, all the way up to old static

all of his best costumes are from cartoons.

Richie is from the comics nigger, they just changed his name from Rick Stone. Not that you actually read anything before 2011.

I want a spin-off with the smart white friend.

>What do you want to see in his new series ?
For him to act like a real black guy.

Richie is based off Rick and Frida from the comics. There not the same person. Richie is more interesting than Rick thats why people want him to replace Rick.

Ill read his new series if its good but if its not Ill just buy his reprint trades.

You can dial up Ebon's gang lord status up to 10 in the nightmare fuel department.

Also, on a side note. I hate the injection of politics as much as the next guy. But Static having such a deep history with gang violence, poverty, and race relations I find this may be the comic to get it right. His mother was a paramedic that was killed. I'm quite hopeful.

>His mother was a paramedic that was killed.
Only in the cartoon.
In the comic, his mom was alive and not a paramedic.

Doesn't matter; he'll forever be in an awkward copyright purgatory when it comes to the mediums that matter.

>Excited for Hudlin
The state of characterfagging redditors.

Almost fell for this

>Are you exited for it ?
Who's writing?

Hudlin and Cowan are writing it.

What a waste of Baker's art.

It has Denys Cowan co writing it so hopeful it will be a little good .

Cowan is not a writer, so not that hopeful.

I just want it to simply not be a total trash fire like the New 52 run. Make it closer to the cartoon and I'll gladly take it.

How did they get away with naming a character Shiv on a kids show?

I love Static but I'm more excited about Icon and Rocket returning. I'm a little worried about it being a reboot though .