Harley Quinn is a murderous psychopath, there's nothing about her anyone should ever strive to emulate

Harley Quinn is a murderous psychopath, there's nothing about her anyone should ever strive to emulate.
Despite this fact, she is routinely included whenever anyone does a "top female heroes" list, right alongside Wonder Woman.

Why exactly do women consider her a role model?

Because being a slut is the female power fantasy

Because she doesn't follow any rules, she's sexy, and she's strong enough to do whatever she wants.
And she has a sexy boy toy that's crazy in love with her.

That's the normie impression of her

>she doesn't follow any rules
That's not a good thing.
>she's sexy
Entirely subjective
>she's strong enough to do whatever she wants.
But not strong enough to be a normal person and not kill people for fun

Nigga, I'm not defining her character
I'm just explaining why so many basic bitches find her an attractive "role model"

>The things I'd do to Margot Robbie Harley Quinn
Why aren't her lips as puffy when she's HQ?

Because deep down inside she has a heart of gold. It doesn't matter how many she's murdered as long as she has the occasional teem-up with real heros.

What is Harley power ranking, compared to other normal girls like catwoman or batgirl?

High because she's popular now.

She's got extreme plot armor and most male characters are written to instantly drop below 10 IQ because she's just too hot for them to think.
Either that or they "underestimate her for being a girl" which gives her the upper hand. Not that anyone would ever do that in real life, but it's a common trope females enjoy.

In reality, she'd be a 5 on a scale where Superman is 100.

In the setting she's in, no one outside the hero villain dynamic actually matters at all. In a very literal way, she's never done anything wrong, because violence towards normal people in the setting doesn't matter and violence towards other heros and villains is the point. It makes as much to sense to say she's a bad role model because if someone did the things she did in real life they would be terrible as it is to use the same criticism towards any superhero. None of it maps to reality. They're folklore. They exist in a totally different framework.

but did she recieve any "special training" in martial art, etc?

But she's not a hero.
You got people screaming about "Bane worship among young men" being a sign of sociopathy and something that needs to be cracked down on because admiring the wrong people makes you a bad person.

But Harley, a villain, is okay to idolize?

She's crazy and in DC that's the ultimate martial art

No, none. She was a psychiatrist, one day she put on spandex and grabbed a mallet.

gymnastics

Particularly relevant for Harley in particular, people do crazy things in the pursuit of happiness... and love is probably the crazies thing there is.

Iconic original character developed during the 90's.
She's certainly not a role model, but she instead exposes many of the ailments of the modern times through which we can examine our problems. Amongst them, many problems which we could not examine well with other characters. Harley goes through a lot of hell, whether it's changing her profession, dealing with abuse, and even her unique reinventions over the years since.

It's perhaps interesting to view, particularly with Batman villians is that they act as a foil against which we ask "what would a normal person do". Batman villians, which over the top by any normal standards, are fairly grounded compared to those which Superman or other villians that are fought in the DC universe. As such, we can use them as a foil even against what makes someone normal.

POP goes the children!

memes

Its not that deep my dude.

I'm about sick of the anti-hero shtick shes been on in recent memory. Fact is Harley Quinn is an insane murderer who, given enough time, will ALWAYS return to The Joker. Just because shes a villain doesn't mean we can't learn something from her, and the lesson with Harley is that sometimes people will unfortunately do terrible things for a fantasy, in this case a warped view on what love is. Really the only way for the pendulum to swing back is for causals to stop giving a shit about her, because as of now her popularity is what steers her towards the anti-hero shit.

If her character has no love for the Joker, she has no character motivation.
Being a bad girl bitch isn't a motivation, that's drivel.

She's a trained Gymnast and that's about it. Pre anew 52 Harley got super strength and speed and poison immunity from Ivy

That horrible child abuse.

A real dad would let their son dress up as Classic Harley Quinn, not that Suicide Squad cosplay bait abomination.

Child abuse? That kid's going to be a massive star! Every director is going to want to work with him! He's Hollywood's wet dream.

That's why I'm enjoying Harley in Telltale Batman so much. She's allowed to be a violent, psychopathic villain who actually has the Joker around her like a lovestruck fanboy. She can still be friendly and attractive, but she's an unambiguous villain.

Justice League Action is also much closer to her characterization pre-Nu52 and Arkham games: She's bubbly and not as dangerous as much of the other villains, but she's still a crook and creates more problems than she fixes.

I'm hoping that she's was the original Red Hood and she was the one who turned Joe Doe into the Joker.

I mean same could be said for say wolverine or deadpool or red hood or rorschach or the punisher

idk dude it's always been this kinda 'antihero' love of heroes with shitty willing to kill pasts trying to be better or use their killings for good or whatever. It's just usually been a man hero trope and now there's more women they're applying it too.

Also 'role model' is a bit of stretch for just some character easy to dress up as and 'funny'.

>Why exactly do women consider her a role model

For the same reason that DP is considered a role model. Because B-TAS didn't really show graphically how bad either she or the Joker could be, and because books like Super Hero Girls dump her, Cheetah, Killer Frost, and any other villain into the same white bread, white washed (not meant racially, just meant altered and removed from reality/canon) grouping with Diana, Kara, Barda, Babs and all the actual heroic females.

Additionally, books like Lil Gotham and a lot of the standard comics just clean her up - Convergence Harley Quinn is a perfect example of this. Given the number of actual significant people that didn't get a two parter, one was wasted on her AND it was also done in what was probably one of THE not just sympathetic but extraordinarily positive portrayals of any of the villains. Even Parallax Hal wasn't portrayed as sympathetic.

>what is retcon dot jpeg

i just feel like posting this

Cause she does whatever the hell she wants without thinking of the consequences... and they're are very few consequences involved....
It a classic human fantasy see also Deadpool, or a zombie apocalypse thing...people want an excuse to be assholes.

In order from left to right:
Hit that, maybe, hit that, hit that, hit that, hit that, hit that, hit that, marry that, hit that hard, hit that hard, hit that, hit that, maybe.

This is a bullshit drawing, but damn if that linework isn't good

There was a page from some comic where Bat man describes how bad Harley Quinn is.
And how she is responsible for all her crimes and shouldn't be forgiven.

Wish I could find it.

Was that canon in the n52 and what happened afterwards?
I mean murdering children in comics is one of those topics like rape that isn't forgiven that easily.

plus, she's does all that while being hot, which is always a plus

The Storm King!!!!!!!

Also, Harley Quinn is cute and funny that's why people like her, it's no deeper than that