South Park S21E05 Press Release

"HUMMELS & HEROIN" - Beloved entertainers are being cut down in their prime due to massive overdoses of opiates. Stan is about to be exposed as the source of the illegal drugs.

It's out that quickly?

Well Stan being the part of scandals seems to be a running theme for him now.

I have that poster

So apparently these are what hummels are? Hope the press images shed more light on what the hell is going on.

Sounds neat. I hope we get more episodes that parody movies and fads though. Headlines are nice and all but a lot of my favorite episodes were just movie and TV show parodies. Still hoping for an IT Halloween episode.

It might be a few hours, usually we get the press release around midnight my time, yet it's only 9:30 right now.

Figurines? Maybe Stan has a part time job selling figurines but it's actually a front for smuggling pain killers.

Well that would happen after this weeks episode if all goes well. I mean it would be the biggest missed opportunity in my opinion if they didn't.

Who would be take the roles for the losers club, who would be the first victim?

>who would be the first victim?
ike

Well, then it's obvious he won't be dead at the end.

Also, they wouldn't jut straight up parody the clown. I wonder what they would do instead.

Not the first time theyve been brought up either

Does Trey collect these or something?

Losers club is Kyle, Stan, Cartman, Kenny, Butters, Jimmy, and Wendy/Heidi, with Ike being the first victim. Conversely, the Losers club could be Michael, Pete, Firkle, Henrietta, Mike M., Butters and Kenny, with Bradley as the first victim. In both cases it's Butters that gets a train run on him in the sewer.

I hope you're right and it's a movie parody and doesn't have to share the spotlight with some crap that's been in the news, like another commentary on sports protests.

>Also, they wouldn't just straight up parody the clown. I wonder what they would do instead.
OJ Simpson. If they do it, it's gonna be OJ in a clown suit, calling that shit right now.

If Stan isn't drinking in an episode about him being the source of illegal drugs I'm gonna be a little bit upset

right, they completly dropped the fact that stan need alcohol to function.

I have a real deep cut prediction. Matt and Trey like to occasionally involve sports in shit, they always like going in weird, ridiculous directions, and they stay pretty on top of internet happenings and aren't afraid to put out a name that makes you go "What really?".

So, again this is a longball here, but I got the itchy feeling that the losers club would not be any South Park kids, but a B-plot involving any number of various athletes they would choose to use. That B-plot would revolve around the athletes trying to avoid being lured into sexually propositioning the Pennywise character, which is Mia Khalifa, who has a history of putting athletes who "Slide in her dms" on blast, a habit that was recently exploited as a marketing ploy to get people to pay attention to a sports show she is doing with a former basketball player (Gilbert Arenas)

Well that it definitely something I wouldn't think of.

I would think it would something like the kids are being hunted by Pennywise and Cartman keeps sticking by Token on the adventure. When asked by Heidi or Butters he states that it would be too dangerous for a black person to be the first to die off in these situations.

Some shit goes down but in the end Pennywise seemingly offs Token first by accident. Suddenly in a spooky fashion, protesters lurk from all the dark corner, Pennywise is notified that he has been let go from work and then is dragged off by white knights much to the kids horror.

It wasn't addressed in Freemium either. The whiskey isn't some permanent ongoing background addiction with Stan. Although Freemium did establish that Stan has addict tendencies, the whiskey was never used to directly illustrate that. Its purpose was only to show how people deal with being cynical assholes by dumbing themselves down with booze. So if they decide to bring it up again now, I'll be surprised. That plot thread is deader than Pip Pirrup.

Wow, they came up with an idea quick this week. Thats a good sign.

It was strange typing up. I just think they haven't pulled from sports in a while, and they love doing that. So why wouldn't a "Losers" club involve athletes, with sports being the biggest domain of "Winners" and "Losers"? And what was something that has recent punch that they could use to play on a bunch of "loser" athletes? Then I wrote it, and it felt right. It felt like a weird South Park B-plot.

Hey I ain't complaining.

I thought we were just spiting ideas and shit.

Imagine how many of these are clogging up landfills now from people whose threw them out when their grandparents who collected them passed.

Yeah its fun.

I think that Cartman would definitely stick near Token, until Kyle tells him that the white guy nearest to the black person would probably die first.

Interesting, how would that get resolved though?

One of the athletes, rallying up the other losers and be like "We can't be mistreated any longer, our dicks are not these women's toys"

Oh, its obvious how it would resolve.

Randy shenanigans

Where did you get the press release from? The south park blog doesn't have it up yet, only FBW news

It's on the official wiki and forum, not sure why the blog post isn't out yet. Press images just got released though.

what? they don't make the idea when the press comes out

new characters?

So is this a weinstien analogy or an original idea not directly tied to current events?

"Drugs are flowing into South Park. A passionate young health advocate has traced the source of these illegal meds and is about to exposeStan Marsh."
I'm assuming this is the "passionate young health advocate"?

I... I thought I clicked on /cm/ by accident

Its about the opioid crisis. Finding a way to stop it from getting worse in the U.S. has been a hot topic this year.

>opioid
When did they start calling them this? Or when did it pick up steam? I started hearing it earlier this year and then suddenly I was hearing it all the time on TV (background noise, if that). Kinda like cringeworthy, it just spiked in my view.

I dunno. I always remember them being referred to as such, but they were more often called painkillers or prescription painkillers. Now the popularity of those terms seems to have reversed. Maybe opioid is more specific, or perhaps it's catchier.

Poor Grandpa Marsh, still alive after all these years. The Reaper dodges his calls like my daddy dodged child support.

trump started using the term

non-burger here, can I get a quick rundown on the opioid crisis?
What makes it a crisis? Are people dying from ODs? I've never heard any stories about individuals using opioids, only the abstract threat of the "opioid crisis"

No one should give a fuck about druggies, they chose the drug

Prescription drugs and opioids are easier to get a hold of than ever. They can be prescribed in ERs and basically anywhere if you play your cards right. It's getting so easy to the point where people are cutting their heroin with fentanyl now.

There's no policing of prescription narcs anymore and it's killing thousands.

This , plus Le Big Pharma knows they're commonly addictive, so they make bank from creating and selling to addicts, hence everything the other user said.

Yeah, I've been working in the medical industry for over a decade and I have lost lots of friends (including my mom) to prescription drug abuse.

I know more about it than I ever really wanted too. Feels bad, man.

>go to hospital for literally anything
>access to opiates
also god forbid if you have a surgery, they'll load you full of morphine for a few days and then send you home with fetanyl/codeine for weeks. A lot of good people who weren't users become addicted that way.

another medfag here i broke my knee and few years ago and then tore something in my back. both times they loaded me up with so much norco that i could barely function properly despite knowing full well what it can do. it can have that kind of hold on anyone who has suffered an injury and wrestle them into it.

i'm pretty interested to see how the episode is going to turn out. i've been happy with the last few. i'm looking forward to it.