Tfw you will never experience the joy of not having cable and flipping between PBS, Fox...

>tfw you will never experience the joy of not having cable and flipping between PBS, Fox, and WB on Weekdays just to watch Power Rangers, Arthur, Animaniacs, Batman, and so much more

I meant

>tfw you will never experience the joy of not having cable and flipping between PBS, Fox, and WB on Weekdays just to watch Power Rangers, Arthur, Animaniacs, Batman, and so much more again in your lifetime

I used to hear having fun wasn't hard, when I had a library card.

Arthur was that one show that played after every cartoon block was done and you watched it because you may as well have an excuse to kill 30 minutes before homework.

I had cable and I still did that between the 5 channels airing different episodes of the Simpsons at the same time.

My grandma didn't have cable. All I watched over there was Arthur or SpongeBob VHS tapes.

>watch any cartoon you want at any time you want with no commercial breaks

vs.

>watch only a prescribed cartoon at a specific time frame of only a couple hours a day

Try stepping into the future, gramps.

Cable companies have lost their damn minds with price inflation

>WB signal was fuzzy as fuck at my house
>learned to put up with it because Pokemon

I did that and had cable.

>there are people in college RIGHT NOW who have never contorted TV antennas in all sorts of arcane positions trying to find the right conformation to capture a signal

Try getting two coaxial cables connected by keeping their ends touching because you didn't have a coupler.

Is Arthur worth watching?

>there are people browsing this site that don't know the pleasure/fear of the static charge that remained on old CRT TV screens after they're turned off.

Who here is that young?

ITT: underage b& trying to defend the "future"

I fucking came from nostalgia holy shit

sure, it's aimed at young kids, but its still somewhat clever.

I'm someone with an extremely poor memory (seriously I complimented an acquaintance on his new haircut twice in one day) and I'm surprised by how much of the show stuck with me. There are a LOT of good moments and lessons in the show and it will never stop being relatable to me. Some standouts

>You really think people would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?
>HAVING FUN ISN'T HARD, IF YOU'VE GOT A LIBRARY CARD
>that episode where they lost a venomous snake in the house and the mood and music was tense the whole time
>BINKY STOLE MY JOKE
>when Binky pulled the fire alarm
>I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT
>that episode where Arthur gets addicted to a kid's show
>JEKYLL JEKYLL HYDE JEKYLL HYDE HYDE JEKYLL
>that episode where DW keeps faking losing her voice to make arthur her slave

Best fucking cartoon I ever watched now that I think about it

It's better than Friendship is Magic.

Yes. Aimed at young kids, sure. But it's pretty well written and funny