DCEU's Barry Allen

>"Barry Allen is an excessively energetic student attending Central City College, where he studies criminal science with the hope of one day freeing his incarcerated father. More than eager to team up with his crimefighting icon Batman, Barry's remarkably quick wit is surpassed only by his ability to move at hyperspeed."

comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/the-flash-actor-ezra-miller-shares-incredible-description-of-his-experience-on-the-set-of-justice-league-a154551

They weren't kidding about turning him into DC's Spider-Man.

That description only fits one of the shittier versions of Spider-Man though.

Actually, it's a lot more like the blending of Wally with Barry that we're getting in comics and in the DCW. It would actually be nice if they had jettisoned The Cereal Lord's shitty canon about Henry and just get rid of the parents - we already have angst Clark Kent, angst Bruce Wayne and, to an extent, reason to have angst Diana due to the death of her Aunt and all her Olympian relations.

They should also get rid of Iris and let him have a social life, to the extent they are going to have any characterizations at all. We already have Lois and Clark and Arthur and Mera.

Among other differences, they aren't showing Barry as being a scientist, even if they don't really bother doing that with Peter in any of the versions beyond Raimi's - Garfield came across as more of a an accomplished engineer and nerd than a general science genius and Holland just comes across as an idiot with geek sensibilities.

Barry must have an incredibly high IQ.

Garfield's Peter was an engineer so Gwen could have a bigger role as the chemist. It's really no different from Maguire's Peter who was only competent with physics.

The truth of the matter is that super-geniuses accomplished in all fields are boring. That's why at face value I have no problem with CW's Barry leaving engineering and medicine to Cisco and Caitlin.

Iris is apparently a student too, and Barry has a crush on her even though he's an introvert and she's sassy and outgoing.

So yeah, It's pretty much discount Peter Parker.

Every announcement about movie Barry just makes me angry they brought him back in the comics.

I'm so happy to see someone playing Barry like Barry (dorky geek) and not Wally. The one bright spot of the movie

You act as if that's rare. CW's Barry and all the recent cartoon either have him as early years dorky geek, later years dutiful stoic or a combination of both.

I have not seen the cartoons you're talking about but CW Barry I don't see as that dorky, though he's turned it into Barry and not a Wally take

>Actually, it's a lot more like the blending of Wally with Barry
How is this anything like Wally West?

>CW Barry I don't see as that dorky

HOW

Cartoon JL/JLU Wally, they probably mean.

Also, in the sense that he was a younger hero compared to the veterans in the league. That works for the comics too.

Why did they make the flash a complete opposite of his original character?

This whole universe just needs to go. They fucked up from the very beginning

You mean making Superman into Ayn Rand Jesus wasn't a good idea?

>Ayn Rand
Bullshit, almost none of his actions were selfish.
>He stayed hidden & intentionally remained a outcast to avoid society tearing itself part over godly powerful aliens existing.
>He let his dad die for the same reason.
>He killed Zod when given the chance because people's lives are factually more important then him not getting blood on his hands.
>He risked his job to try and publicly stand against the torture Batman was committing.
>He possibly seemed to consider retiring after the senate bombing fearing that his presence is doing more harm then good.
>He put his trust in Batman to save Martha because deep down he probably assumed his power was going to be needed to stop whatever Lex's endgame was.
>He took a nuke to the face without hesitation to stop DD.
>He died to stop DD.

DCEU Superman isn't selfish at all, but they do use him as a way to criticize the idea that full on altruism is an innately good way to live your life. His whole arc in BvS is about how power does not equal responsibility, that working entirely in the service of others just because you "should" is folly and that it all needs to be a personal choice rather than a burden put upon you by default. It's only when Clark finally makes the world "smaller" that he's able to be truly happy.

I'm admittedly not that familiar with Ayn Rand, but that seems fairly compatible with what I know of her ideas. It's not that you shouldn't help people, it's that you shouldn't HAVE to help people.

Where does it explain why his lightning is BLUE?

>Iris West.jpg
MY BODY IS READY!

I don't mean to nit-pick, but why can't blonde male superheroes exist in movies?

Unf. Can they make it any less obvious they pick actresses for their sexiness?

Ayn Rand was a fucking nut who believed helping people was counterintuitive and that everyone should be wholly independent in a dependent society.

you have three of them over in marvel

No. She believed being independent indirectly helps society, so society should structure itself to reward those who act independently, thus eventually helping everyone.

There are a ton of people to cast to flesh out the DC Films, and Arthur really doesn't need to be blond or white. Not sure he needs to be Mamoaman but he'll end up being very popular and he doesn't need to be Anthony Hopkins. Even Hopkins didn't need to be a good actor to play Odin well. So Mamoa should be fine.

You got screwed with DCW Barry being a non-ginger Wally with Barry's occupation and Woman With The Name Only of Barry's Future Wife.

You can hope that Hal will end up being Hammer although Arnie isn't really blond

They should fire her and go ahead and make him single, especially since Victor is not ever going to get a solo movie. That way they can pal around the way Billy and Vic did in the comics and go on weird double dates.

No she really was just selfish. There's literally video of her explaining her views by saying "Why should I help another person? How does that help me? How does their happiness benefit me?"