Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ylY_m-h4B-k
youtu.be/xjDjIWPwcPU?t=21
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Keep your kangz crap to a minimum.
>Music in trailer starts off with AYO HOL UP

it's like black themiskyria lmfao

No Deltron no buy

The big bad to the black panther film is... another panther villain? Seriously I know marvel villain crap is a stereotype but this is dumb.

Dr Strange had a evil sorcerer, iron man had to fight evil iron man or a guys in bussiness suit, cap had to fight other super skrulls.

In which a thread full of people will post WE WUZ KANGZ as though it's somehow in any way original or clever

If me pointing out that it's a lazy and overused joke makes you mad, don't worry,
you can just call me triggered

Here's a clip from a Training scene in the movie
youtu.be/ylY_m-h4B-k

You know, part of me kinda likes the idea of an African guy going to America and kicking the fuck out of African-American criminals.

Then I remember Black Panther fucking sucks.

that car chase looks fucking awesome

I wish I knew enough about African accents to know if they actually got people to use a North East African accent or if they just picked at random or what the metrics showed audiences thought Africans sound like.

they sound like Americans doing an African accent and can't choose between East African or West African

>i'm South African

this reminds me of Priests run

It looks cool and entertaining, desu. I might give it a shot and actually go see it at the cinema.

Will any of the Avengers show up?

Is it gonna be funny though?

If Wakanda, and Panther, are so powerful, how come he always seems to end up in the US dealing with street level shit?

Shit music, cool trailer

Probably not as joke laden as other Marvel Movies. This is their big "empowering" movie. I'd doubt they're going to want to make too much of a joke out of it.

If we're not allowed to Kangpost, what will we post about?
This movie looks like mediocre Marvel filler, boring as fuck famalamadingdong

The joke already started once the trailer music started playing

Because rapper said "hol' up"?

Cause you know there's no joke there beyond Sup Forums noticing that it's a recurring thing in hip hop and then posting it every time a black person does anything, right?

>The Hip hop man said something that is often said in Hip hop! Hilarious!

Is essentially the joke I'm seeing here.

Fine.

>Music starts
>HOL UP

This isn't fair OP.

But seriously did they need to use rap for this shit? Just in case you forgot he was black or something? Isn't that a bit stereotypical?

>that car chase looks fucking awesome

Calm down Jamal

>A black person
>Being a super hero
Is this opposite day?

I'm just admiring the comedic genius of "recurring thing in a genre of music, occurs"

HE WUZ A GUD PANTHA
HE NEEDED VIBRANIUM FOR DEM PROGRAMS

Joking aside, this looks dope.

Get some ointment for that asspain Jamal

>But seriously did they need to use rap for this shit? Just in case you forgot he was black or something? Isn't that a bit stereotypical?
Progressives and Hollywood love stereotypes. People from ethnic minorities have to act up to some stereotype and wear traditional dress. Black people are African KANGZ and rappers, Natives ustt al live on reserves and talk like Chief Running Bull, and so on. It's dumb because it perpetuates stereotypes even more.

Fuck, they could have used some thing more African because African culture is not the same as black American culture.

I was gonna say "Ryan Coogler probably thinks rap music is a good way of using audio by and for black people, you sheltered retards" but then I got disillusioned thinking it's probably a marketing stunt from execs who want a "black" movie.

Go on, I'll give you one last (you)

>Pointing out a shit joke is being asspained now

>black person does anything
>WE
fuck
didn't this meme have a deeper meaning

So what are the odds of there being a scene where someone calls him "african-american" and he just stares at them and says "wakandan".

It's got fuck all to do with progressives, and everything to do with what they think will play with audiences, progressives and conservatives alike. Stereotypes are used to impart meaning subconsciously far faster then through dialogue or plot. They put hip hop in the trailer for the same reason Edith Piaf plays when a film is set in France.

The fuck is it with people and trying to make literally everything a partisan issue these days?

Yes, you making a whiny post about a joke that everybody already knows is overplayed because it made you upset means you're asspained, Jamal.

>rap music is a good way of using audio by and for black people

Yes because nigs exclusively make and listen to rap

>Stereotypes are used to impart meaning subconsciously far faster then through dialogue or plot

That meaning being niggers really love rap?

>I have seen Gods fly through the sky
>I have seen aliens landing
>But I have never seen something like this, a civilized black country

You never read black panther, have you?

youtu.be/xjDjIWPwcPU?t=21
you be sayin'...

It's typically associated with black people though isn't it? Which is kind of the point. They could have slapped some heavy metal music over the trailer, and it could have made sense within the confines of the film, but what they want to put across to people is that this is an empowering black film, so they're going to use a genre of music most associated with black people.

I'm not saying it's some kind of genius move, but it seems a really weird hill to die on when this is what Hollywood does and has done fucking constantly for decades.

My dear emotional young lady... why should I?

Ain't no one want some AAAA YAA WALLY WALLY MAY Lion King bullshit. Only person that's gonna get hype is fucking Jane Goodall. Know your target audience.

That meaning being its a film about black people. Hip hop being a genre associated with black people. This isn't some brand new thing Hollywood does, it's not hard to wrap your head around why, unless you're either autistic or being deliberately obtuse.

WE

member in Defenders every Luke Cage scene had some rap music going yo yo I'm black my negro

looks a little bit like a young eddie murphy.

>Hitler biopic
>Starring Eddie Murphy

Literally nowhere else on earth has flying UFO's. Stark has all the most advanced tech in either his tower or in his Avengers facility. They're clearly supposed to be beyond Stark in terms of technology as a society

tehee

>autism is real
Damn.

Is a big joke for you man.

So the rumors were true, hitler dad got cucked.

>Someone is excited for something
>OMG FUCKING REDDITFAGS GET OFF MY BOARD
>REEEEEEEEE

Wakanda is now Asgard
BP is now Ironman

nah I'll pass

>it's good

Lol people think this is an extremely diverse movie

Lol

That is also true in the comics. Wakanda is the most advanced civilization on Earth.

You're aware AFRICAN people are not the same as African Americans, right?

You're the one being absurdly racist here, by trying to equate all people with black skin as being the same.

T. alberto barbosa

>this movie looks fun

I don't know shit about Black Panther so pardon my ignorance but Black Panther fighting another Black Panther is just dumb. This trailer makes me not want to watch it.

>But seriously did they need to use rap for this shit?

Everyone's complaining about rap when there's no rapping in it. Why?

Looks good I love the evil version of the super hero bit. It's why I love Spider-man and Venom.

why do african women shave their heads?

You are aware that the trailer is marketed to Americans and not Africans, right? You think just because it's about black people in Africa the marketing needs to be all Africa all the time to the complete disregard of the actual tone, plot, and aesthetic?

>there are people excited for this
I don't get it.

Am I just out of touch?

>China again

The movie is already going to make a billion dollars cut that shit out already.

because natural hair requires a lot of care to make it look good, as does straightened hair. sometimes it's just easier to be bald or have really short hair.

For a moment, I thought he was going to say, "But I have never seen an elephant fly."

Would it have killed them to use African music as the BGM? Actually, it probably would've.

Can we expect T'Challa make some hoops and then turn to the camera and say, "Trayvon did nothing wrong"?

Wasn't that Korea in the trailer?

now that's edgy

That neon does look like it's in Korean.

My point was that Hollywood does this for audiences, both progressive and conservative, and that people turning everything into partisan issues these days are fucking morons.

How the fuck was your take away that I was defending the practice?

eh people like rap and there are good rap music out there. I don't see any issues with that.

All of my normie friends are pretty tired of capemovies and even on the internet normie userbases have been grumbling about MCU movies being all the same.

That said, Disney cashes in on Chinese drudges and American parents that look forward to drive their kids to the theater and dump them there for the day.

>MUH CENTRISM

>Once you go black Hitler, you never go back Hitler

Isn't Wakanda Detroit? I though that after 30 years of democratic government Detroit would be the best city in the world.

god it looks so fucking shit

Bitch, fuck off. They could've gone with an orchestral score. There was no need for it to be rap whatsoever.

Wakanda is more isolationist than Asgard
BP has always been far smarter than Stark

get back to Sup Forums

How the fuck is that centrism? Hollywood uses stereotypes as cues for audiences, not for people with political leanings.

Pointing out that Hollywood relies on tropes to impart meaning is not a partisan issue. It goes beyond politics. Are you retarded?

Depends on the tribe. Tho long hair increases your chances of lice, is hard to maintain and relatively hard to grow. Also it's hot and you're living in a region where you'll be getting a lot of sun all the time.

Thought it was shit. Then I watched it muted and it was way better.

Right, it would have been so much better with BRAAAAAAAAAM.

Don't you mean Sith Ifricin

Yeah, it seems a bit offensive to use rap music just because the character is black, considering he isn't connected to American hip-hop in any way.

who is villain this time?

>Let's use polka music in Captain America because white people made it

gollum

Can't wait for the 99 on RT

>if you don't like it you're racist

At the very least it wouldn't send the message that all blacks everywhere are like New York blacks.

I want it to be garbage but have a 99% certified fresh rating, only to prove that liberals are fucking retarded and would watch anything that is diverse and say it is good only because of that.

Imagine a film set in Argentina, and the trailer's music is a Ranchera. Because all spics are the same, right?

I love how Sup Forums in general fucking hates the whole racial sensitivity thing that's sweeping through Hollywood at the moment, but the moment there's hip hop in a trailer about a black superhero, everyone starts complaining about it.

Hey, gotta get your shots in at Marvel somehow, am I right?