What does Sup Forums think of Spiderman TAS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8kPo3tyGY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wed follow that show to the ends of the earth.

It's great in my memories but it should stay there.

GOAT

God tier.
>Mary Jane! MAAAARRRRRYYYY JAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

Nothing ever beats

SHOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEER

My favorite show growing up next to X-Men and Batman. I had a toy of pretty much every character from the show.

Best Spider-Man. Spectacular is highly overrated

Didn't they have enough budget for 1 season but squeezed like 4 season out of it

I don't think Spectacular is overrated when you are discussing ALL spidey cartoons.

The discussion is a lot more difficult when it's straight up 90s Spidey vs Spectacular.

For me at least.

I thought you were talking about the symbiote planet and now I'm sad

"EDDIE IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE"

Spider Mantas?

Great voice acting and art style, but the pacing is so fucking fast. It's like the show has ADHD.

Great VAs, and great stories clogged and bogged by hyper sensitive censorship.

Like xmen it is the xartoon most similar to the comics, for better and for worse

I liked the Kingpin, after all he holds all the trump cards

Damn the ending of that episode was heavy.
>"now, how many days do I have to wait, for my son's revenge?"

Just curious do you have any examples? I don't remember much from the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8kPo3tyGY

I really like the show's Green Goblin characterization.
There's something appealing about a villain being a vengeful petty manifestation of Norman's subconsciousness that just wants to fuck up everyone who ever gave Norman a bad day.

Almost all of Season one, two and then parts of season 3, 4 was rather hit and miss
Neogenetic Nightmare, Night of the Lizard, Menace of Mystero, Man without fear, and Duel of the Hunters are some of the best story telling episodes they had in the series.

It introduced me to super heroes and I still lie it despite it being pretty flawed. I love how they did Kingpin.

>the only cartoon to make Kraven more than a boring evil grunt
Is it so hard for everyone else?

WTF is this shit on me?
Cool suit!
Let's kill Rhino!
Fuck this suit!
WE ARE VENOM!

I liked the Spiderman where he was in animal world.

You mean Unlimited? I like it too, but it ended on a cliffhanger. Also apparently they didn't have the rights to the costume, hence the costume change.

I liked the costume they chose. It was refreshing.

they had the rights to use spiderman but not the costume. how the hell does that work, i always thought stuff like that was a package deal.

>without bringing in anything from Last Hunt as well
Yes, it truly seems impossible for a modern writer to pull off.

Slott killed him off, right?
His logic was that Unlimited was the continuation of TAS. Does that somehow make sense?

A nice cartoon who suffered from the excessive censorship and executive meddling, that plague from the 90's.
Come on, cops with laser guns? Never say "death", "kill", etc? Morbius, the plasma vampire?

Venom's origin arc was the best thing TAS did, because someone actually had a brain and thought "Hey, wouldn't it be make much more sense to introduce Brock BEFORE introducing Venom unlike they did in their shitty comic books?"
A lot of other great arcs, too. The criminal wars, Daredevil, Green Goblin stuff, Black Cat, most of Neogenic Nightmare. Probably the most dramatic Spider-Man cartoon to date.
Started going downhill in its last seasons. Making Electro and Chameleon children of the Red Skull was pointless and unnecessary, just like that entire arc.

GOOD WORK SMYTHE! QUICKLY! CHANGE MY DIAPER!

FASSA!

Fuck that...
IT'S THE AGE OF SYNOPTIC! AND WE'RE ANGREY *cues Carnage and Venom making out and turning into some composite monster that ends up like a pile of cum/goo*

I got so hard watching that

If it gives you any peace of mind, Slott is such a retard that he didn't know about Unlimited's costume never once working like a cloth and the number of the universe being wrong, so you can dismiss it as an alternate universe.
I have a hunch that he and/or the artist never saw that cartoon in their entire lives and just read description on Wikipedia

The second best Spider-Man cartoon and a good series. Now the question is. Which are the best episodes?

They only did that because James Cameron had the spider-man rights and was using electro for the movie. I don't know why they did that with chameleon.

I guess the bearhug is his go to move, huh.

Logic and the robot bit always got me

>Morbius, the plasma vampire

Are you implying this wasn't the funniest/coolest aspect of the show?

What the fuck was this shows pacing

Any green goblin episode, any symbiote episode, the daredevil 2 parter, the X-men episodes, the Mary Jane plot twist episodes in season 5, the secret wars arc, and the series finale 2 parter

I watched this thing at least 3 times on TV trying to find the episode that had Venom in it.
I remeber having this as a kid.

>implying
90's is good but gets awfully handicapped due all the censoring it had

Best Spiderman Cartoon ever. Made me a Fan of Spidey. It's a shame the last movie didn't do him justice

Why is Venom half red and half blue?

I see. He gets worse and worse with each new series.
MTV one wasn't exactly a compelling character, but he at least had some humor and charisma to him.
Spectacular's Kraven is one of the worst things about the show and I like Spec.
Ultimate is, well, Ultimate.
Kraven from the new show is a fucking abomination so far.

Weird idea of detailing from the creative art team I guess

I'd love to see Marvel revisit the cartoon worlds in the future. If the multiverse is still a thing, not too up to date on the comic book world.

>It's great in my memories but it should stay there.
/thread

I tried watching a few eps not that long ago and to say it hasn't held up is an understatement

>/threading your own post

Anything with Norman is usually a really strong ep, even in the later seasons.

>dat scene where Peter isn't sure if Norman remembers he's Spider-man and is teasing him through the entire dinner party to spoil his secret so Pete causes a smoke bomb to go off and the Goblin is there waiting for him
10/10 tension for a cartoon show

I was never a fan of the Green Goblin voice though. It sounded too much like a shrimpy little elf instead of how commanding the Goblin should be.

GOAT in my memories,
Animation doesn't hold these days.

Loved the Secret Wars episodes.