Big Two Minis

People often think of DC and Marvel as ed note laden continuity clusterfucks, but what minis and/or cancelled series have you read and enjoyed?

Pic related, some damn fine Joe Kubert in here accompanied by slightly overdone prose.

Some of Kirby's best stuff isn't even ten issues.

>People associate Kirby with Golden Age Captain America.
>He worked on it for less than a year.
>Aside from Syd Shores (who was arguably even better on the book), the rest of GA Cap is fucking terrible with a lot of hacks trying in vain to emulate Kirby.

It's honestly kinda funny.

The second Ragman mini by Fleming, Giffen and Broderick is also pretty fucking great. Dense grid panel work, and a very grounded approach to Rory that culminates in a fascinating Batman faceoff that frames the character well.

>Batman Family ends on a Ragman issue.
>Brave and the Bold ends shortly after a Ragman team up.
>Ragman Vol 2 ends with a Batman story.
>Cartoon Brave and the Bold comic ends shortly after Ragman issue.

Why does this combination always lead to cancellation? Fucking spooky.

>ed note laden
Comic books stopped doing this for the most part 5 years ago which was stupid.

I liked Angel and the Ape v2: it was goofy, Foglio's art fit it and it ended just when it should have with a surprisingly smart commentary about why the rest of Gorilla City didn't just have Grodd executed.

Also, Sam is Grodd's grandson but his only real psychic power is being able to make people forget he's a gorilla about a second after they meet him. And canonically Sam's an artist for DC.

I mean, he did co-create the character, and he had a prolific run on him when he returned to Marvel. So I'd say his contribution is fairly significant.

Yeah, I'm just talking about the Golden Age version. People have this misconception that Kirby did a bunch of those instead of making the first few and splitting.

Cap was barely a character before he came back anyway. Syd was the only one who tried to make stories worth a damn.

Len wein had a 2015-2016 swamp thing mini. Recent captain atom mini was good.

Lemires frankenstein technically wasnt a mini but only lasted 2 vols

Didio and giffens omac ended after 8 issues and is pretty good

A lot of good dc you comics only lasted 2- 3 volumes

Midnighter, martian manhunter, prez, gotham by midnight, Omega Men (which everyone shills...i tend to agree)

Foolkiller by Steve Gerber remains among the best comics ever made. Highly recommend that everyone on Sup Forums reads it.

Ronin by Frank Miller is great.

For allyou toonfags, it's the basis for Samurai Jack. The premise is very similar, and Genndy said he took inspiration from it

Still pissed Bemis had him offed by Salinger in the recent mini.

The prestige format elseworlds books resulted in a lot of great stuff, glad to see DC is getting back to doing it.

Although not part of the big two. I really liked it. Sad it got canceled.

Simon Dark was my jam

Shit, how did I never hear about this?

too good for this world, I've been waiting for Snyder to bring him back for years

Honestly feel like you'd have better luck with Gerard Way.

Is it really a limited series once you pass 600 pages?

I agree but it seems perfect for Snyder because of the edginess

JSA volume 2. Canned after 10 issues but the entire thing is pure gold.

I gotta reread that.

Snyder's a hack.

I just read Deadshot (the original mini) and it's a lot darker that I expected. It's a great showcase of the character though.