Pot Smokers Face a Higher Risk of Drinking Problems

>Simultaneous users were three times more likely to drive drunk, 6.5 times more likely to experience alcohol-related financial problems and four times more likely to experience alcohol-related health problems, compared with those who used only alcohol, according to the study.

livescience.com/56718-alcohol-marijuana-mix.html

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/27769-does-circumcision-reduce-sexual-pleasure.html
livescience.com/22695-circumcision-aap-policy-statement-benefits-risks.html
livescience.com/13961-circumcision-health-risks-benefits-ban.html
news.ubc.ca/2016/08/23/thc-makes-rats-lazy-less-willing-to-try-cognitively-demanding-tasks-ubc-study/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>TFW cross faded right now

>be pot-head
>never drink

Getting drunk and stoned is fun if you can handle your alcohol and weed.

A lot of people can't and get fucked up.

lit as fuck right now

bring on the sweet release

If I get 420, weed will be legal and kek will burn. If I don't weed will remain illegal and kek is not real because my singles confirm

>be last night
>drive home crossfaded
>get pulled over by cop
>get everything out and ready
>weed is in the bag right next to me but sealed in a vial
>calm down and wait for the officer
>hot ass lady cop comes walking up
>"where you coming from?" - cop
>"work"
>"you get off work at 1:40am" -cop
>"yeah"
>"okay" - cop
>"why are your eyes red?" -cop
>"I swim every night after work. My swim suit is right behind me." -me
>she looks and doesn't notice it is dry as fuck.
>"well your registration is 2 days out of date" - cop
>tell her sorry and kiss her ass
> smile and look directly into her eyes
>she let me go
>she wanted to fuck

Only clueless squares call weed 'pot'. This isn't the fuckin 80's man. Get a fuckin grip. I've been a habitual stoner for a decade and get drunk probably twice a year; new years and my bday.

Actually it's fire or dank now, no one calls it weed anymore.

calm down kid

No I as an individual use marijuana because I love it, I love it more than opiates you get after surgery, I love it more than amphetamines which you get so tolerant of and addicted to, and of which your brain atrophies with prolonged use, and of which are so expensive. Marijuana is much better, it is easy to grow. Better than alcohol as well. I have so many alcoholics in my family, and therefore probably have a genetic predisposition to it. Weed is preferable to getting fucking sick the next morning, and getting addicted to that nasty liquid.

The people you are looking at are people who drink alcohol and use marijuana at the same time. Like that one tripfag Sampson over at /r9gay/, who tells me he can't just use marijuana, he needs alcohol as well.

If that is a problem then I can be your role model. Let me tell you, it is entirely possible to curtail drinking completely and use marijuana at the same time. You can use it and keep a good vocabulary, that has to do with your IQ though and not marijuana,but stupid people like to blame the marijuana to feel better, because in reality there is no way to improve IQ.

Drinking and smoking at the same time can be fun but sometimes I get hit with dizziness instead if I overdo it.

Which is weird cause I can overdo the fuck out of both alone without any issue.

i smoke a few times a week but i never touch alcohol. am i an outlier

well lets see, booze makes you do dumb shit, nothing new to see here.

Thing is , I don't drink but I smoke mad weed. Everyday I smoke.

Last time I drank was white wine with my Christmas dinner.

You got BTFO

I hate drinking , lol

My grandfather my dad , and his two brothers are alcoholics lmao ew

Being high is way more fun than being drunk.

Blaze every day.
Only been drunk 3-4 times this entire year.

>tfw my friends claim being an alcoholic is cheaper
>tfw they've got tons of credit card debt
>tfw they buy $15 of bottles of alcohol every 1-2 days
>but user you buy $100 of weed every time you pick up

The difference is $100 of weed lasts me 3 weeks and they spend ~$250-300 on alcohol every 3 weeks, just not all at once.

I also get more work done, and I can enjoy my hobbies when I'm high. When they get drunk they just watch TV and lay around all day. Which is every day.

Also they eat tons of food when they're drunk, and to avoid DUI they order food instead of picking it up.

Weed is better in every way:

>Can drive without fear of DUI
>Can get shit done, go places, and enjoy things outside your home
>Don't make bad decisions and stupid purchases $$$
>I go to the gym high while my friends are drinking, ordering burritos, and watching some kike garbage on TV

Alcohol turns you into a pleasure seeking animal. The reason my financial is OK is because I can limit myself and find enjoyment in doing hobbies while high.

Alcoholics spend tons of money on food and entertainment while drunk, they have no ability to limit their purchases while under the influence - of course always aided by enablers.

I smoke weed everyday, I love in CO and I'm a medical patient. I rarely drink, if I drink I have like 1 beer, drinking is for retards or people who's lives are so shit they just don't give a fuck and are trying to escape reality

Smoking pot helped me stop drinking alcohol completely...

It's because they start drinking before smoking.

>lmao ew

>>>www.reddit.com

I really only drink when I don't have pot anyway.

If the shit was illegal I'd probably never buy another bottle of liquor again.

>moving from one addiction to another

Good goy.

and weed doesn't? At least booze stops making you a tard once the effects wear off.

wasn't*

Alcohol is a gateway drug to weed.

/thread

My great grand father used to drink so much , he shot guns through the closet door with my great grandmother hiding inside ! Lmao

He could of killed her. He didn't know where she was , he just would mag dump into the closet.

Alcohol is of the devil , drunks smell, ugly and look like a leather bag after years

Great grandpa died from alzhiemer/brain cancer btw

Funny how I smoke daily but only drank twice in highschool and decided it was disgusting and never drank again. Will never understand how people enjoy alcohol. Weed is so much cheaper and actually makes things more enjoyable

At least smoking weed doesn't cause the myriad of problems that drinking does, plus it's cheaper, only lasts for about an hour and you don't get hangovers.

Yea i'd say smoking pot is better than being an alcoholic

>tfw you still live in a prohibitionist state
Fuck, wish my usual source wasn't dry right now.

Lol I'll give you a reply cause I honestly think that is hilarious.

Been here before Sup Forums was a board kid. Lurk moar

Also if you don't live in Arizona you're a Federalist loving faggot lib lol

Alchohol is fucking poison, if I spend a night drinking I want to die the next day, if I spend a night smoking I wake up feeling like a champ.

The effects are overwhelming, I rather either drink or smoke or smoke and drink no more than 2 beers.

Its called getting 'pale' and I've seen some people go through serious hell.

>and weed doesn't?

Weed makes you more careful.

Alcohol makes you less careful.

This goes for anything from driving under the influence to making purchase decisions.

Lesser of 2 evils still isn't virtuous.

I'm a recovering alcoholic who smoked weed before becoming an alcoholic.

They don't even compare on the dangerous scale. Alcohol is magnitudes worse than weed.

For me it went alcohol, then weed, then weed and alcohol, then all alcohol. All over the course of 5 years and it ended up with me going to detox.

That doesn't make sense. I never drink

both are great. alcohol for having a great time and weed/hash for chilling out and eating loads

Smoking weed blocks harmful weaponized EMF waves from affecting your mind.

Alcohol is literal poison.
It's encourage cause it makes you act degenerate.

Weed was legal in USA until 1939.
>1939
>Something happening in Germany
>certain group fleeing Germany
>Red pilled Weed is illegal
>Prohibition repealed

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Weed makes you smart

weed helped me QUIT drinking alcohol.

So fuck off with this shitty propaganda and sliding thread.

NA, I've spent 200$ on tf2 hats/keys/crates whIle stoned.

Being Stoned doesn't help you with financial decision fampai

Fucking monkey.
Learn some decency.

Same.

Literally everyone I know who smokes pot and drinks does not drink very much.

I think (((livescience))) is the equivalent of (((538))), I've read some serious bullshit come from that website about, everything.

thats not what I'm getting at. I'm saying stoners stay dumb for longer. not being reckless. as we both no alcohol has weed beat 10 fold. I mean cognitive abilities.

I was an alcoholic drinking over 100 standard units of alcohol per week. I used pot to ween myself off and begin actually eating solid food again. Many people would see it as merely switching addictions, but they haven't been through the true hell that alcohol withdraw is. Marijuana is unique in that a user can abuse and have little to no (serious) health/mental repercussions. If it wasn't for having pot to fall back on, I would likely still be an alcoholic today.

>TFW high asf and going to work

yeah but alcohol is much more a social lubricant

Weed kept me from going over 12 beers a day.

As soon as I quit I was up to half a handle of whiskey a day with a few beers.

Leafs have zero self control

If I showed you some poutine in person , and threw it on the ground you'd go ape

I always hear of alcohol companies lobbying against legal marijuana because they're scared of decreased sales. So how does this make any sense...

>more likely
that is not a scientific unit of measure
this is what we get when people get their education from the wall of a men's room toilet stall.

kek

>Zero self control

Well I'm sober now, aren't I? I don't like poutine either.

> I'm saying stoners stay dumb for longer.

define dumb.

I do physics and calculus homework while stoned.

>as we both no alcohol has weed beat 10 fold. I mean cognitive abilities.

Uh? Can you provide a source? Cause this is 100% bullshit.

Alcoholics do fuck all while faded.

Dubs decide if weed will be legalized on a federal level this presidency.

Been smoking weed for 14 years, I dont like to drink and never have I driven drunk, I can say the same goes for the majority of my friends growing up. Same with my father and brothers and sister and all their significant other. No drinkers, all smokers, most never drive under the influence of anything. I hate these factoids, because as much as I believe weed to be a drug and that it has negative side affects, these always seem to be reaching for something thats not there.

Sober ?

And this is a feat among men ?

Let me guess you did your 12 steps and now you live your life according to bill W. ?

Ditto. I used to be a heavy drinker. Have not touched the stuff since switching to weed. High + no hangover is an incredible improvement. I can now unwind a bit after work with weed and be completely fine when i get up at dawn for work the following day. I could never manage that with even small amounts of alcohol.

Weed is pretty degenerate, but this is still quite underwhelming. I don't see that they've shown a causal link. This just says that people who both smoke and drink are more likely to be irresponsible people. Huge shocker.

Dumb means you can't talk/hear

Another word for mute/deaf

I mean , I've smoked so much I couldn't speak loudly because I thought I was yelling and shit. I've been so stoned I heard shit hat wasn't actually there. But dabs be fire af tho

You don't fucking say. Never would have thought.

Clearly you don't know your audience. Back to Mississippi with the rest of the honkeys.

I didn't do the twelve steps. That implies you're powerless over your addiction.

Im no role model

>tfw I always get high before work.
>tfw management
>tfw only way it effects my work is to put me in a better mood so I can deal with everyone's bullshit

Cannabis can literally save lives. Alcohol does nothing but slowly kill you and you can overdose on it with ease. Anyone who argues against this is a retard still falling for anti-drug propaganda from the government. The simple fact that weed can help people quit other drugs, alcohol or cigarettes should be enough to prove how useful it can be.

>People who lack control over substance abuse are fuck ups

Truly I'm shocked.

livescience.com/27769-does-circumcision-reduce-sexual-pleasure.html

livescience.com/22695-circumcision-aap-policy-statement-benefits-risks.html

livescience.com/13961-circumcision-health-risks-benefits-ban.html

Livescience - "credible source". kek

Sure.

i woud rather get wasted and hung over rather than smoking a doobie and only feeling hungry and then come down after about 45min to an hour.

>drug users more likely to use drugs

shocker

Find me a daily drinker that is:
>fit
>doesn't have a DUI
>is doing well financially
>can be alone for long periods of time

If you smoke daily you cannot get to that point without smoking $10-20 of weed at one time. Just like if you drink daily it's very difficult to get to that point.

You're comparing non-regular smoking effects to hardcore alcoholic effects.

My point is, if you're gonna abuse one, weed is safer, more healthy, and allows you to get more done, also does not encourage clingy behavior and making poor financial decisions.

>people with more severe dopamine deficiencies such that they abuse two drugs simultaneously are more likely to be addict shitheads who make poor decisions

this is news?

>doing any sort of drugs at all
>not being completely sober

>tfw realize you can do things you never thougth you could do by not doing recreational drugs
>always feel great
>feel smarter and more agile than 80% of the population psyoping themselves on drugs.

Weed puts people in a mind set where they can still make choices that are meaningful it just takes the decision and willpower to do it. Depending on the general intelligence level of that person that mind set can be "watch tv, play video games and eat doritos" or it can be "be chill and get shit done". Most people are lazy idiots who use weed as another excuse that they're lazy faggots.

>manage school food programs
>schools constantly messing up order numbers
>kids quitting for uniform reasons
>have to talk to old women or sjw college kids because customer service
>smoke so much bud and cigs, scotch flask on me at all times
>business is growing, children are being fed

The irony is baffling.

PS, kill yourself

Degeneracy is a bringing ground of degeneracy. Who knew?

My body is a temple I dont do any drugs!
>Chugging down coffee packed with the stimulant caffeine
>Eating GMO meat pumped with antibiotics and steroids
>Breathing air filled with pesticides and pollution

Im drug free bro!

My tolerance levels are so high that I need both to have a good buzz. I rarely just drink on its own if I don't have weed and vice versa. Off both now for a few weeks to let my tolerance levels decrease.

Again:

Find me a daily drinker that is:
>Fit
>doesn't have a DUI
>is doing well financially
>Can be alone for long periods

Cause there are millions of weed smokers that this applies to, but probably few if any alcoholics.

Yes, the posterboy for weed is "lazy idiot" but there are millions of people who smoke weed daily that do not fit the "dumb lazy stoner hippy" mold.

Of course intelligence and willpower and tons of other factors come into play.

But good luck finding a single alcoholic who isn't a complete piece of shit. There are tons of daily smokers who aren't.

>eating loads

Faggot detected

Gimme one sec, (((Greg Mason))) CEO of Purch, that owns livescience, is just as bad as (((Nate Silver))).

How do you get high without your co-workers noticing your red glossy eyes?

Here is what im growing ATM

left is sour D (got a little nute burned i gave it to much )

right is random

both are female thankfully

little guys are white widow

cheers faggots 420 blaze every day

I smoke a lot but drink on occasion. Ima have me a yuengling and smoke a fatty after work though. I know it's degenerate but I work hard and have no kids so piss off.

BS. I hate alcohol. I only drink socially. And I'm sitting here sparking up midday about to do some EM homework.

Alcohol is ghey.

I get high before my morning shower so there is no chance of smelling like head shop. If there is still a bit of redness in my eyes by the time I get to work a few eye drops sort that out.

> enjoying one form escapism might mean you're inclined to like another one

No shit.

I'm a degenerate I smoke weed and hash, drink like a sink and sniff coke on occasion. AMA

I'd clone the mothers if I were you. Especially the white widows once they grow big enough in a month.

Then again, if they're coming from a bagseed, you don't know what phenotype you'll get.

If you bought feminized seeds you should know the phenotype. I grew a white widow bagseed many years ago and I ended up with the #5 phenotype, which turned out to be the strongest weed I ever smoked.

Haven't had a drink in years but boy do I love the herbal jew.

my face when faggot neet drug addicts on this site think they're hot shit

news.ubc.ca/2016/08/23/thc-makes-rats-lazy-less-willing-to-try-cognitively-demanding-tasks-ubc-study/

lmao fags