>Kids stuff

>He still watches cartoons to this day

This happened to me after watching the latest season of Voltron

Cartoonfags BTFO

>Ashley
is that your gf or your mom?

90s Dreamworks was fun

>Cartoons are a respected medium that can be made for mature adult titles
>Comics still are and always will be treated as a joke no matter how hard they try to be taken serously
Comicfags just won't stop fagging it up

And they even used The Road to El Dorado instead of something more "kid-like"

Be happy they didn't used the other show

>>Cartoons are a respected medium that can be made for mature adult titles
>the only notable adult cartoon running is Rick and Morty

The absolute STATE of cartoons in 2017

Did that, but still get stuff for kids, I just watched bojack horseman and it added me a lot of cartoons for kids, instead of adult cartoons for mature persons like myself.

>Cartoons are a respected medium that can be made for mature adult titles
someone legit believes this

>Forgetting that western animation at one point was by adults and for adults
>Actually thinking R&M is anything close to being notable outside of shitposting
>Not knowing about the rising reinterest in western animation now that it's much easier for anyone to make their own cartoons

>Says the user, as he goes back to read his comic books about grown men dressed in leather and telling himself he's a mature adult

>Not knowing about the rising reinterest in western animation now that it's much easier for anyone to make their own cartoons
I don't know if you're living in an alternate reality or if it's just wishful thinking.

Thanks to YouTube's algorithms giving animators the short end of the stick, the indie animation scene is pretty much dead. Even before then, it was still a niche interest that normies didn't care about.

There is still an appeal to indie animators even if normalfags haven't jumped on the train yet. A lot of people are pissed there are signs western animation ending up like comics did and a backlash is happening.

>Says cartoons are for children
>Uses a cartoon image as a reaction

>Forgetting that western animation at one point was by adults and for adults
When was this mythological period?

Anything before the late 50s, back then it was primarily for adults. I'm sure the kids were thrilled to see adolf hitler get smacked by daffy duck with a mallet in those old wartime cartoons.

Newsreels and cartoons with them were for all audiences, user. So no, your bullshit assertion isn't correct.

>he thinks I read capeshit and not euro comics + some Vertigo/Image

loving every laugh

Another thing, a lot of old golden age animation was filled with references to characters from old radio dramas that would have gone well over the kids heads. It was also common to use looney tunes as a pre showing for adult movies.

>forgetting Bojack Horseman

worst possible background picture, but if they want to say that Mayan ass is for kids only that's A OK with me.

I think we need to define out terms user. Would you say Animaniacs is an adult cartoon? Because your examples would seem to lean that way.

Go look up some of the pre hays code animation, they were very lewd because the intended audience was for adults to watch before a show. People have complained about the violence in tom and jerry and others because even that was considered inappropriate for kids at the time.

I've been following the cartoon community for years and web cartoons that aren't on Netflix are very rarely brought up. Even TV-quality shows like Bravest Warriors are rarely mentioned. This has been the case for years with no sign of changing. YouTube isn't a viable option for cartoon creators who actually want an audience.

Youtube as a whole is dying for people who want to make cool stuff, all that's popular is popscience bullshit or whatever new agenda google wants to promote.

I have no interest in your bullshit until you answer:
B:TAS is as violent as any of that shit. As is heavily edited Toonami Dragon Ball. You're literally just looking at old cartoons, seeing that even then adults could appreciate them, and saying they were "for adults".

To me what's adult and what's kid is who your intended audience is. Animaiacs tried to target both, they had censor board to stop them from getting too bad with the jokes but tried their darn hardest to get some very subtle adult jokes in.

Fuck, just do what youtube does and let me mark shit as "not interested" so I don't have to scroll through fifty fucking things that I'm never going to watch.

Shitty comedy specials from bland unfunny bitches, for example.

I see that you're only thinking for it's "adult" or "kiddie" is if it has lots of graphic swearing and it's like south park. Many of those older cartoons were made for themselves to enjoy, army paid for disney and warner bros to make pro US war animation to keep morale up.

>To me what's adult and what's kid is who your intended audience is

So then your examples are mostly exactly like animaniacs. Which is not an adult cartoon. That's like saying Shrek is an adult cartoon. Or that any Disney movie with a moral (which will almost never be internalized by a child) is for adults.

Do you think children understand the intricacies of lineage and why Scar doesn't get to be King and why he wants to kill Mufasa? They know Scar is the bad guy, killed simba's dad and told him not to come back.

That doesn't make Lion King an adult cartoon.

I have no problem with YouTube. It's great for hobbyists and the like. It's just terrible for organised shows.

well, when I was a kid they showed El Dorado all the time on Cartoon Network

>I see that you're only thinking for it's "adult" or "kiddie" is if it has lots of graphic swearing and it's like south park.
If this is what you "see" then you're making assumptions. This is not implied in my statements.

>>the only notable adult cartoon running is Rick and Morty
So? Rick and Morty is a great cartoon. It brought a fresh new attitude to adult cartoons, pushing them out of being overly serious indie garbage (ex. Bojack Horsman) into becoming actual adult material, combining crass yet sophistricated humor with an original and interesting setting, which is given life by the unparaleled creativity of Justin Roiland. It manages to balance a brilliant comedy with a thoughtful philosophical plot, something that Dan Harmon excels at and few others can provide. It is perhaps the most thought-provoking thing on television this decade, if not this milennium. I'm sorry if you can't understand the humor, but that doesn't mean you should put down a brilliant and mature cartoon loved by millions.

>Reindeer Games

You know what will trigger Sup Forums most about this? It doesn't apply to anime.

REEEEEEE!

>Be happy they didn't used the other show
user I don't think they'd use Big Mouth