So, did anyone else see it in theaters tonight?

So, did anyone else see it in theaters tonight?

Other urls found in this thread:

redbubble.com/people/glitchbob452/works/28413344).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I saw someone talking about it in the other thread, what is it? Is it just the first three episodes played in the movies?

I'd still watch it because I'm a fanboy.

OP here. It was premiere movie but played theatrically, which was really cool. As someone who could literally sit in that theater all night and watch episodes, I would've preferred it if they did Premiere Movie then maybe 3 Archers and Scotsman 1, but what we got was awesome.
I thought the Blu-Ray transfer was pretty good.

Yeah was a bit disappointed that it was only the premiere movie and nothing really else. Funny thing it was just three people then all of a sudden more people showed up at like 15 minutes after the first episode. Da fuck?

It was cool, I'm glad I went.
Was kinda hoping that the behind the scenes thing at the end would be longer, but it was still excellent.
A bunch of scrawny, dirty-looking nerds behind be at the ticket counter were going to see horse movie.

Saw it. The cuts bothered me, I figured they’d cut out the fade to black when it happened, or have smooth transitions, but it was just the first three episodes in HD but without opening/ending credits.

The end had a little “thank you” from gennedy for watching it in theatres, and a behind the scenes.

Also revealed was that the soundtrack is going to be released for season 5 on iTunes, with the first being the tomb song single releasing on the 20th. The preshow was samurai jack trivia, with little clips between trivia bits.

All in all, it was cool seeing the bug fight in theatre. A lot more hype with the music on a big screen.

and I got to see my alien waifu again

Did anyone else lose their minds when they played that part from the Tomb fight from S5E2? I got hyped, when they cut it short that was a total cocktease. I wish they would've just shown the whole thing instead of teasing the soundtrack release

Yeah, I wish they would've evened out the transitions too. I thought it was really jarring, but I get why they'd want to preserve the integrity of how it was aired on TV. Aside from that, I thought it was fucking great

It was pretty fun. I agree that at least one more episode would've been nice, but for what it was it flowed seamlessly. Remaster looks and sounds great. I hope the blu-ray arrives by tomorrow evening.

Only wish someone had said "nice shirt", since I made it for this event (link if anyone wants one: redbubble.com/people/glitchbob452/works/28413344).

That was pretty sweet.
Side note: Why the fuck were they playing clips from the premier movie before the premier movie? A couple of times when waiting for it to start, they were just playing clips we were about to see. Why not tease the boxset by showing other memorable moments from episodes in HD?

I started to, but I got totally blueballed from it cutting at the best part before the action.

I was wearing my jack hoodie, but it was a small group that saw it other than me and my friends.

I would've said "nice shirt", user. That's some pretty good shit right there.

Nice. I had considered getting one of those.

Yeah the crowd was relatively small, maybe 45 people at best. I expected 60-80, especially for NYC. But I think being on a Monday night hampered the ability for most to attend.

>That's some pretty good shit right there.
Thanks. I'm probably going to try to make a few more once I have the blu-ray and I can get a better look at the art. This was made to be as exact to the frame where he jumps as possible.

>horse movie
said user with surprise

I thought it was pretty rad, it’s unlikely that I’ll ever get the chance to see Jack in theatres again. Some of those scenes were fantastic on the big screen.

Nice shirt user

shit i forgot about the bluray, pics where? how'd they do remastering it?

Aw man, I forgot this was tonight. Now I'm bummed.

I wanted to. I saw a preview before viewing the new It.

It's always comfy as fuck to watch Cartoon or Anime adaptions in theatres. Coming from someone who has been in theatres to see shit like The Simpsons Movie, Powerpuffs, Love Live School idol movie, etc, screenings of standard cartoons are probably the shit too.

How was it?

>how'd they do remastering it?
Still waiting on the set to arrive, but I made this comparison from the press-kit images.

DAMN

>DAMN
Indeed. Two more and that's all I've got until I have the blu-ray in my hands.

that one guy who went through the trouble of "remastering" the entire series that took so long got btfo

I can't wait to see Mad Jack in this quality.

>the burning tree in HD
>the seizure enducing background in HD
>The flaming forest
mfw

They better not have altered the flashing due to muh pokemon

so, what's the resolution of the remastered episodes?

>tfw you won't have good nostalgia for season 5
Why couldn't it be good?

I have decent nostalgia of the earlier episodes and their threads, but after about 3-4 I remember being on the wrong side of the ashi defense force.

>so, what's the resolution of the remastered episodes?
1440x1080

This makes me wonder if the used original cells or if they're using a better copy from storage. I'm looking at tiny corners and if it was one of those shitty types of remasters the corners would be filled, akin to the "reddit remaster".

First time I've been impressed in a while with CN's side of things, that includes [as]

If I had been in the US I'd definitely would have gone watch it, I'll say that much.

Wish I knew. I really hope they go into how they remastered the series on one of the blu-ray set's extras.

I do know that they're still a bit "soft" when you compare them to the original background paintings directly (note that this is is a painting vs DVD, I'll do paintings vs blu-ray when I can).

Thanks dude

Yeah, it would have been better if it'd be the premiere movie and then something else. Jack and the Scotsman or Jack vs. the Ninja would have been good.

Could be worse; I went and saw a Fathom release of The Never-Ending Story and they had a documentary before it that spoiled the hell out of a bunch of sequences including Artax dying.

It was a really interesting look into the process of making the film but a really poor choice to show it first for anybody that had never seen it before.