What's with this guy? He just keeps popping out of nowhere from comic to comic

What's with this guy? He just keeps popping out of nowhere from comic to comic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bFmgcU1Qc8E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Filler villain.

My guess is that he will appear in one of the near shows near in the future.
That or they want to do something ulterior like a par attraction of some sort because there is clearly a push

Looks like Lex during the time Superman was dead.

Arcade, a formely joke-tier X-Men villain turned into an edgy tryhard faggot recently in the pages of the godafwul comic, Avengers Arena. His shtick is owning a murder-themed theme park and locking superheroes inside it, sometimes for money, sometimes for the shit'n'giggles but now you have to take him SUPER-DUPER seriously because he's got longer hair and can shoot laser beams out if his fingers.

Arcade is the villain writers use when they have no actual ideas what to do and they just do yet another battle royale arc. Or "fight your friends to save someone!!!' arc or some other stupid shit,

Basically he's an easy villain for lazy shitheads to use when they don't wanna write anything good instead.

I immediately disregard whatever book im reading whenever he shows up until that arc or story is over.

I'm still mad.

This. It's always the fucking same story with this prick.

Are there any other go-to villans hack writers use in similar capacity?

I hate Arcade, Mojo too. I refuse to read shit with them in it.

Don't....bring him up...it still hurts..........

Oh dude, fuck Mojo too. Why do the X-Men have such shitty villains.

Because it's either Evil World Conquering Mutants, Bigoted Mutant-Hating Humans or stupid random shit like demons, aliens and Arcade.

I kinda like Arcade because he's an honest-to-goodness traditional supervillain with deathtraps,and I'll always love a good deathtrap.

>honest-to-goodness traditional supervillain
Yeah, before the bullshit power up.

I think Marvel is mandating all YA hires to use him since he has no affiliation with any standing heroes. Electra, Hellcat, and Sup Forums favorite heroes, America, have all had a Arcade arc. What easier way to write a villain than to have him act like a tantrum throwing 12 year old.

>Pic related
>This man killed numerous teens

Juggernaut nowadays?

Two face or black mask desu

forgot pic

Old Arcade was pretty fun.

And he got to be in the SNES X-Men game with the best music.

Hellcat storytime of pain when?

Someone please do this, I need something to entertain/torture myself with before the next issue of America comes out.

>Tfw arcade was always a favorite of mine as a kid

I seriously don't get the hate, he's fun, and fun villains are the best ones

>Are there any other go-to villans hack writers use in similar capacity?
Ultron.

>I want all villains to be wacky and retarded lol

That's what he does, he kidnaps people and puts them in Murder World, and then they escape. It usually lasts an issue or two.

Residual butthurt from Avengers Arena. It's the same handful of people who will never get over it.

>Mutant on mutant crime is too damn high!

I like him, and apparently marvel liked him too, considering he was the main antagonist of a video game.

youtube.com/watch?v=bFmgcU1Qc8E

thanks claremont

He was just fine as a filler villain as user here said: and Clermont did a surprisingly decent job of defining him as kook who just loved the Murderworld game & gave no fucks about if he won or lost.

Then in the 90's they began to push him as a Joker clone.

Now he's got esteem problems and he's worried about what other villains think of him?!?

he is tailor made for vidya

>white guy
>hetero but fey
>goofy
>villain
>not a serious threat
>easy to lampoon
>barely a personality
>robots with no personalities

This is why current Marvel uses him so much.

You know, with their MO's...you think they'd ever work together?

I'd love to see this actually, and have one betray the other towards the end

>not a serious threat

It's weird that they still try to paint him like this right after a run when he makes a lot of kids kill each other and posts a video of it on youtube

Also, wasn't the whole "teen hero controversy" supposed to become a thing?

This. I've always seen him as a high tier villain because of that game.

I don't know what's up with Juggs nowadays, but his fight with Spidey in the 80's is one of my all time favourite Spider-Man stories. I just love when ol' Webhead goes toe-to-toe with foes way beyond his power level.