Can Iron Man be saved?

Or has Ree-Ree tainted the book beyond fixing? Between her and the awful adoption plot, I feel that even if a new writer comes aboard, they won't be able to be swept under the rug so easily, and as a consequence, the book will suffer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xxaJpUnF6xA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Or maybe you are just a f*cking racist???

>Tony back in Iron man suit
>renumber series
>sell 100k+ issues then drop below 50k by issue 4

Don't be retarded.

Black girl steals equipment & technology around a college campus to become a hero. I'm failing to see the point you're trying to make.

You need a new writer for starters. Bendis has done absolutely nothing with Tony and threw him away after proclaiming him to be the most important character in Marvel.

But I know this will get some eye rolls but you need an immediate hook to get people interested.

Superior

Retconning the adoption plot is easy. Make all the paperwork and DNA tests into forgeries. Make not-Ultimate-Aunt-May (Tony’s new Mom) into an accomplice of a mysterious mastermind villain, in a grand plot to hurt Tony.

Solving Riri is trickier because the powers that be want to keep her alive. The easiest way outside of a brutal death, is to giver her a new set of armor, and ship her off to her own book that will wither and die just like Silk’s book did.

>Who’s Silk?
Exactly.

Uh, no...

Bendis will plaster is name all over #600 and then leave. Question is, what happens then?

...How am I being retarded user?

>people steal Tony's tech in the past
>throws an autistic fit
>random hero uses armor
>Tony throws an autistic fit, thinks his tech is being stolen, beats up hero
>Tony's designs are leaked
>personally finds everyone with designs in their hands and shuts them down
>Bendis' daughterfu steals shit, blows up MIT
>Tony gives her access to his lab

Why is Bendis so fucking retarded?

>Superior
Hmm, I can see it. Have the Post-ANAD Tony be a "fake", and the real Tony, still Superior, in the shadows.

Yeah, the adoption is easy to retcon, but I don't think Marvel will allow people to retcon Bendis' shit. As for REEEE-REEEE,I'd rather she gets impaled by Dracula, but I'll take the Silk treament...

marvel itself is beyond saving. They're past the point of no return as of the Legacy debacle

He just mailed a bunch of troubled teens the severed head of their dead friend.

...What?

>...How am I being retarded user?
Have you read comics for any significant amount of time? Do you know how much stupid shit any character has in any given decade of their history.
It doesn't fucking matter. None of it fucking matters.

>it don't matter
>none of it matters
Gee user, I'mreally impressed by your ATHF quote! Sure, Tony went through some rough shit that was handwaved (Crossing, Teen Tony), but the difference here is that Ree-Ree is Bendis' Daughterfu and part of the Diveristy Push. He's Marvel's Golden Boy, there's no way they'd make anything he did non-canon. And as long as those remain canon, the IP is fucked.

Just hire a good writer. Hell you could even have Reee-Normies as the mc, just hire someone less shit than EVERYONE WRITING FOR MARVEL.

Iron Man was a fucking B lister right up until Marvel accidentally made a hit movie with him (because half the fucking movie was ad libbed because nobody gave a shit about Iron Man) he's always been just kind of there.

Honestly, just give him his book back and give him his thousandth "sum1 stole muh armor" plot and be done with it.

Everything Tony ever did is canon you retard.

>Can Iron Man be saved?
No, not until he stops being Spider-Man in an armored suit and starts being Tony Stark again.

Sigh... you people really are the worst, you know? It's not "being canon", it's the fact that they've been handwaved away. It's the fact that Post-ANAD Tony is the copy of the copy of the amalgam of 3 different versions, and that nobody talks about it. The problem here is that both of these developments are by bendis, and the chances of Marvel going against him are next to non-existant.

Only as long as his run lasts. Bendis may have Eldergod powers at marvel but he doesn't have sway over what other dipshit writers come along to write.
The real issue to talk about is how Marvel's shitty business practices continue to fuck over their whole line which is far worse than any shitty Bendis story.

Some one will fix it, the next writer will be the messaigh of comics.
Oh Sup Forumsuple of people out there lend me your ears!
The Marvelssaigh cometh! The Marvelssaigh will bless us by destroying terrible characters like Riri Williams and create an African American character that will be far better! Praise Spider-jesus!
Oh lord! Writers like-ah SLOTT AND BENDIS will be CASTED OUTAH! OH yes can I get an AAAYYYYmen! The Marvessaigh will create complicated but rewarding plots for all characters! Get rid of the PC writers and bring in true equality! Such as women writers who can can actually write! Black characters, Asian characters, and all othah races will be given MORE NEW HEROES!
WITH-AH THEIR OWN SUPER VILLIANS FRESH OUT-AH THE BOX-AH!
BROTHER HULK DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD

>hulk agree
>hulk like Spider-jesus

>It doesn't fucking matter. None of it fucking matters.
If you're gonna say that, then why do we talk about comics at all? Well user it does matter to some folks. And if you're gonna keep holding that position then why don't you get the fuck off this board. Cause this is a place for discussion! Whether you like what people are talking about or not.

You misunderstand my dear user. Continuity doesn't matter. It's cancer and caring about it beyond the most base superficial level is also cancer. Pretending a piece of shit story actually matters in the grand scheme of all of the piece of shit stories that have and will ever be written is retarded.
I'm all for discussion thats why I'm here but I'd like, if we could possibly manage it, discussion that's not completely braindead. But then again capeshit gonna capeshit.

OK, I know you fucking meme's will get mad at this, but Superior Tony was aweful. You just remember it fondly because it's the last time Tony wasn't a whipping boy, which he has been since the first Civil War when he got turned into the heel for "The Authority" like Stone Cold on Wrestlemania.

Here's what Tony needs to be good again: His own fucking villains and stories that aren't just crossovers with how he's affecting everyone else. We're at the nadir of that right now, where he's literally the guest star in his own fucking book pulling support character to Ri-Ri.

The problem is any time Tony gets good, either fucking luddites pitch him a TECHNOLOGY AM BAD, ME AM GO TO FAR! story, or assboosted college kid liberals make him the mouth piece for everything wrong in Corporate America. Tony should be Henry Ford meets Elon Musk, sans the anti-semitism. Fuck, have you looked at Musk's personal life? Drug and Alchohol abuse and a revolving door of relationships, the guy is practical Tony Stark without the cool fucking suit of armor.

Or, if you're really, really fixated and got a hard-on for shit eating grin asshole Tony?

Have him run for President.

I wouldn't object to any of that user.

Victor from Runaways died in an Avengers mission so Tony sent his severed head postage to Chase and Nico.

>runs to RCO
Huh. Tony is Stone Cold.

is this from the iron man anime?

It's from The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
youtube.com/watch?v=xxaJpUnF6xA

Eh, we’ll see in a few months. Although I doubt they’ll remove any of the stupid crap.

I think it can if you have a villain like Madame Masque, or whiplash give Riri the Jason Todd treatment, and have Bendis taken off the comics.

It's doable, but the problem is that Ree-Ree is Bendis' pet. Tony's rogues really need a revamp though.

Iron Man was never good except for Superior IM.

I think part of Tony's problem is that he's mostly been handled by dumb people trying to write smart people, so Iron Man ends up going through the same old plots that betray their inability to actually tap into the kind of intrigue that you'd expect from someone who's supposed to be a COMPETENT businessman/inventor. Maybe Marvel really should let Chris Priest write Tony for once.

And a good way to keep Riri without writing her off would be to have Tony make her his bodyguard/tech support/protege as a way to ground her while actually depicting off the conflicts that'd come with it. Devoted and more "qualified" employees try to cut her down to size, board members and venture capitalists use her presence to undermine Tony's competency, villains outright try to get her through her family, etc. Things that make it clear that being a genius is no picnic, but Tony tries to mentor her anyway simply because he doesn't want a bright mind to go to waste.

Ree-Ree needs a “Million Dollar Baby” plot, Tony comes back, but can’t fight yet, pushes her too hard against a big bad, she gets critically injured or goes full retard. Tony gets back in the suit and avenges her. Tony back - she dead, or needs her diapers changed.

Priest on Iron Man would really be a run for the ages.

Hmm, I like this.