Why can't any country military deal with it's crisis instead of relying on superheroes who think themselves above their...

Why can't any country military deal with it's crisis instead of relying on superheroes who think themselves above their laws and sovereignty?

The same reason that the military is horribly inept during a zombie apocalypse

Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the military is wholly prepared for any biological or chemical attacks. Most depict them destabilizing on day one

Because cape writers are unimaginative morons.

¿Qué es el Eternauta?

Normal people in a superhero universe are always useless. This shouldn't be a surprise.

Wakanda,latveria, that one place the ultimate mutants formed in China. A few other places I forget the fine details of. Kind of stupid to use inferior forces against a problem when you have better options

Because they're superhero comics, tardo.

>The government doing anything right

Same reason the current militaries blows half their budget on contractors

Wakanda got genocided twice by a dude with ocean-related powers.

Wakanda is landlocked more often than not.

>comic about cosmic supervillain, mad scientist, and unstoppable monster villain
>but there aren't any superheroes
>comic follows some average Joe beat cops and military personnel responding to the situation
>they go full Black Mesa

Would reaf

And they didn't beg heroes to jump in. I thought that was the point of the thread? You're kinda supporting a counter argument though

The Walking Dead being a prime example

>And they didn't beg heroes to jump in.

I imagine finding one who was willing to stop a genocide was the problem.

Because none of them gave a fuck.

Glad I dropped this crap at s2

Marvel governments only competent in dealing with mutants

Besides the actual idea of the living dead, a zombie apocalypse is pretty unrealistic, since it would be rather easy to contain, unless it has special properties, like TWD's everyone being infected without them knowing it.

They just need to hire/make superhumans to deal with others, just like how one needs a gun to deal with a spree shooter

Thats what marvel govts do with weapon plus

I recognise that gun and it is bae.

Amen to that

well, usually because militaries deal with a bunch of other guys of similar capabilities.

Metahuman threats are like random and rare events that are highly unconventional and call for specialized forces. Attempting to prepare a national military for EVERY supervillain threat is a logistical nightmare to imagine.

Though, I will say I had this idea for my own superhero setting where the "normal" law enforcement and such make as much progress as the hero, the telling example would be:
>In the beginning chapter the hero saves a rookie cop who's pinned down by normal crooks, his partner dead
>Four in-universe years later the same cop is now wearing powerarmor and does a jetpack assisted piledriver on an A-list supervillain, saving the same hero from a potentially deadly attack.

Because that would require them to write dynamic characters that aren't just messiahs and soap boxes