Should I get the Absolute Sandman or the trade paperback ones?

Should I get the Absolute Sandman or the trade paperback ones?

It's not the 90s anymore OP you no longer have to pretend to care about Sandman to look cool.

If you can afford the Absolutes then I'm not sure why you're even asking...

Get the omni’s.

The fact that you're asking means you can probably afford the absolutes, so get them, but desu I don't think it really matters

ah but if he doesn't get the absolutes then he can use the leftover cash to buy MORE comics

But can he buy happiness?

Well, therected is the fact that the Absolutes were all recolored- maybe he doesn't like the new version?

more comics is happiness

Sandman is actually good though.

Yes, you should.

>Read it as "Should I get the Absolute Madman"

I have the paperbacks, Amazon had a price error once and I got the whole box in your pic for £14.99, should of been over £100 happy days.

4U user

nice

There's something that he can't buy though. A dinosaur.

You honestly don't save that much money getting the paperbacks, and the Absolute editions are really nice. Absolute editions are $100 each and the ten volume slipcase is $150. I definitely think its worth the extra $50 to get the absolutes. Also worth noting that the Absolutes will age better and likely not depreciate as much as the paperbacks. If the absolutes go out of print at some point they will actually increase in value significantly. I don't see the paperbacks ever going out of print or doing anything but losing value over time.

There are four Absolute Editions with a fifth one(Overture) on the way. Though to be fair the 4th is mostly spin of and all but still.
But Absolutes are just plain better, if cash isn't a problem then that's the way to go. If he doesn't have THAT much money to splash then just get Overture as Absolute.

Some people don't like how big the absolutes are. I've got two absolutes (New Frontier and World's Greatest Superheroes, which isn't technically Absolute), and while I like them a lot, they're a pain to read. For a long series I much prefer TPBs.

Absolutes are fine because they're not overly thick like omnibuses.

They're still pretty damn thick. But more importantly they're just gigantic. They're a few inches larger than omnis, making them pretty tough to read.

>pretend to care
This is one of the best comics of all time hands down.

Tough to read on the go, but I rarely read comics outside of my home anyway. An absolute is just as easy to read if its on a table.

Oh shit my bad I was looking at the Omnis

Yeah, obviously it all comes down to preference. I just prefer to read on the couch or bed, and trades are a lot more comfortable.

>The Absolute Sandman

I've gone too far this time.

>Not editing the 'girl' to be Death

Poor show user.

>There's something that he can't buy though. A dinosaur.
you sure about that?

Hard to even put it in the top 25 with its largely shitty and inconsistent art

>best comics of all time
It's good but it's hardly that good.

I've been waiting for this for a long time now.

>4 hours later
He'd have to track down the old, old trades then, because the ones in print since the Absolutes have the new coloring.

I appreciate you, user.

Yeah the first five volumes are already out.

kek

Holy hell, what an absolutely abysmal post

I hate to love it

captcha: STOP STOP

seems appropriate

Which ones are recolored? Don't buy the recolor, it looks like dogshit.

everything printed after 2006

I just remembered that this came out a long time ago.
Guess I need to save some good boy points to aford it. It was good, right?

The art was really great, but Gaiman mostly just phoned it in. Get the comic version of Dream Hunters instead.

What's Dream Hunters?

It was an original illustrated Sandman novel written by Neil Gaiman that got adapted into a proper comic book by P. Craig Russel (the dude who did the art on the Rhamadan issue of the ongoing series). It's pretty good on every front.

I have the absolute vol1, and the behind the scenes stuff is pure sex.

GET OUT.