What did DOOM mean by this?

Why is Doom being such an asshole to the kind and generous Wakandan King, who'd surely give the cure for cancer to everyone if he had it?!

They reconnected this whole scene if I remember by having T'Challa bring it up to Reed, who thought it sounded too stupid for Doom to be racist, and they both figured it was just a malfunctioning Doom Bot.

I don't think that exists user. Marvel would never bring it up. Hudlin went out of his way to confirm that yes, that was the real, true Doctor Doom.

christ this is dumb. Doom was cannonically a poor fucking vagrant and made Latveria a Hotel California style refugee state. Why the shit would he be racist?

a. Gypsies are famously racist.
b.Just because you're a minority doesn't mean youcan't be racist against others.
c.The guy has delusions of grandeur and fashions himself after classical European monarchs and customs. He probably considers himself a superior white.

How the fuck is it dumb at all? He's an arrogant, egotistical, elitist murderer, but he coudn't possibly be racist?

Do you think most 'poor vagrants' in shitty European countries aren't racist?

Well this is completely out of character and absolutely retarded in every way but I'm an utter manchild hat hasn't grown out of my edgelord epin racism phase and I've only read 10 comics in my life anyway so I'll pretend this isn't absolute shit!

I feel like doom is a more "everyone is equally inferior to me" kind of guy.

Because he's literally never been written as racist before in his half century of existence you dumbass.

“Some are more equal than others” in Doom’s case becomes “some are more equally inferior than others”.

That is absolutely dumb as fuck. Do you really think he considers Reed just as below him as the Thing?

God forbid anyone flesh out characters. You're just butthurt because you idolize Doom even though he's a villian, and being racist is the most vile thing imaginable in your sheltered little mind.
Protip: An extremely racist neonazi is a better person than Doom.

>Do you really think he considers Reed just as below him as the Thing?
no your right, he probably see's The Thing as higher

If you really believe this, you don't have a handle on the character at all. Doom's obsession with Reed stems partly from an inferiority complex.

>God forbid anyone flesh out characters

Doom is already fleshed out. He was already top 3 villains in the history of comics before a one dimensional racism character was added.

This doesn't even make any sense. How is adding a racist side to him which is pretty fucking realistic given his upbringing, general views, and leadership of a fascist European state, at all one-dimensional?

Am I the only one who's more bothered by the fact that Doom is talking way too much in this scene? I mean, I can see picture Doom as a racist, but I think he would be more blunt and straight forward about it. And since when was the last time you saw Doom go "Us Europeans, huh?"

Doom has interacted with non-white characters before Hudlin, you know. He never made racist comments about them before. This is Hudlin and only Hudlin. Just like how Hudlin retconned 90% of Priest's run on Black Panther to be more 'Wakanda, Fuck Yeah!' to build up T'Challa at the expense of other characters. Priest had T'Challa encourage a scientific and technological revolution in Wakanda that from it turn a second/third world isolationist country into a global power that was beginning to connect with other nations, albeit cautiously. Hudlin had Wakanda always be superior to every other country and super-isolationist (those things do not work well together). Priest had Steve Rogers confront T'Challa's father during world war 2 and the two stalemated before coming to a position of mutual respect. Hudlin had T'Challa's ancestor beat the shit out of Captain America and dump his unconscious body in front of his troops. Hudlin changed and ignored character backstories so he could wank to colonialism in Afrrica. Hudlin had Monica Rambeau, Storm and members of his bodyguard all lusting after T'challa and random strangers talking about what a player he was.

Other writers have pointedly had Doom comment on how stupid racism is (i.e. the moon meeting with Dracula). Doom has met Storm before and been drawn to her without making racist comments. Hudlin, in order to make his Black Panther look better, makes Doom a racist. You know how we all jump down Marvel's throat for making shitty forced 'wow! 'new character X is so amazing!' scenes? That's what Hudlin did. His black panther run was all about how awesome T'Challa was and how everyone who was opposed to him was a Bad Person (tm).

this post desu

That's a parody edit of Civil War.

>Hudlin had T'Challa's ancestor beat the shit out of Captain America and dump his unconscious body in front of his troops
>Hudlin had Monica Rambeau, Storm and members of his bodyguard all lusting after T'challa and random strangers talking about what a player he was
I find both of these hilarious and I'm glad Marvel gave the go-ahead to publish them.

Don't forget that T'Challa and Storm somehow met when they were kids and they had an anime style promise to get married.

He literally made T'challa into a Harem Anime protagonist

>beat the blue eyed blonde guy
>get a harem
>have a childhood marriage promise
Looks like someone has some issues he managed to worked out through writing BP

Didn't Hudlin write this?

Yes, he did. In the page before, T'Challa refers to Latverians as "Keebler elves" because he doesn't like the centuries-old Gothic architecture he sees.

>implying this isn't Doom purposefully provoking T'challa to make him think he's talking to the real doom and not just a doombot after spotting the first doom bot

FOUR DIMENSIONAL CHESS
OUTPLAYED

>Other writers have pointedly had Doom comment on how stupid racism is (i.e. the moon meeting with Dracula)
This was equally stupid desu, Islam is not a race and it would be in character for Doom to be against it and for them to be against him.

I like to think it's just Doom being a dick and controlling the situation by provoking him.

this desu

Ironically it's also the writers trigger

>Islam
>Race
>will close the gap with the west in terms of science
That is some insensitive shit, probably born out of ignorance

It's painfully obvious that Sup Forums is so bumfucking retarded that it will have the same conversation a thousand times before, see the image posted in another thread, and create a new one with it as if they didn't just see it for the first time and it hasn't been discussed a thousand times before.

Then why are we still arguing about this?

We might as well be arguing over character motivations in a Bendis book.

>It's painfully obvious that Sup Forums is so bumfucking retarded that it will have the same conversation a thousand times before, see the image posted in another thread, and create a new one with it as if they didn't just see it for the first time and it hasn't been discussed a thousand times before.
Relax user. Just because no one is posting on your thread doesn't mean you can demand that everyone who browses Sup Forums has to check inside every thread to make sure they're not reposting the same image

I feel this is relevant.

Naw, that thread is shit retarded too, it just irks me to see shitposters just take inflammatory things from other threads and use it as bait. He could at least change the fucking filename.

Storm wants the Doom D

> From Europe
>Must be white
>Must be part of the Kong culture of whiteness
>That culture is racist

Marvel logic 101. Storm and panther are a strong interatially diverse couple,. Because there are many cultures and races of blacks. Totally not like euroe at all....

>Inb4 some fuckwhit does not understand sarcasm.

Eastern Europeans are incredibly racist and stupid

scientific facts aren't racist

There's a D storm doesn't want, though?

Every X-Men has gone there.

This really makes no sense to me. Wasn't Doom kinda interested in Storm's delicious brown booty in a classic story?

That was from when Wakanda WAS an isolationist third-world country