Voices that either take you out of a show or voices that don't fit the character

Voices that either take you out of a show or voices that don't fit the character.

Pic not related, I presume?

Anything from that horse show. God damn you have to be low functioning autistic to tolerate the shrilling.

your b8 is seven years l8

terrible example

This is a thread about opinions, there are no terrible examples.

Dipper’s voice used to bother me but I got used to it

Scott Menville is a great Robin. He carried the dramatic moments far better than I thought he could.

Not all opinions are created equal, user.

Iroh from LoK, He looks like a 30s something man with a pre-teen voice.
That show has a giant robot and still the most ubelivable thing was the idea that a Man could get so far on the army with a a voice like that.

Fucking Star

Fixed in the latin spanish dub

They just wanted to shoehorn Zuko's voice in there again, they really were not thinking.

>they really were not thinking.
That... describes a lot about LOK.

>Be 12
>Look 6
>Sound 30

John Dimaggio, literally every voice he does is "Bender but ___"

I remember when the show first came out that was one of the things those autists would concede; that the voice acting was grating.

The character design overall is fine, but why the fuck are they so short?

Dante Basco is 42 and still has that same voice. So its really not that unbelievable.

Dante Basco is 42 and that's pretty much his natural voice.

>a Man could get so far on the army with a a voice like that.
His mom pays the army's bills

But yeah it was a mistake, Zuko's voice was appropiate for a skinny 16 year old, not for a square jawed Superman look-alike in his 30s.

>Be 12
>Look 6
>Sound 30
You are like a little baby, watch this.

(Well, actually don't because the show is shit, but you get the point.)

Actually what turned me off from the show. Every VA she has across the globe seems like a better fit than the original one.

Yeah, fuck you. He's got incredible talent for making slightly distinct voices sound like completely different characters.

Many other VAs fail at that.

nah his voice was hot

>argentine dub
If anything it became worse all together.

That one kid in the Polar Express movie that has Mandark's voice.

and yet somehow it worked for some reason.

Seems to be a recurring theme these days. Lynn is 13, but has the average height of a four year old.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tony Jay and all, but I don't think his voice matched Galactus.

Kristen Schaal has the perfect "annoying little sister" voice if the character is meant to be 16-30, otherwise she sounds way too fucking old for the kids she plays.

The problem here is that the character designs look too young, not that the voices sound too old!
Actual kids saying those lines would likely sound grating as fuck.

Literally any character in the new Spider-man cartoon (although Josh Keaton is pretty decent despite the garbage he has to work with).

This is true. It is awful.

Fuck both of you. I don't think I could imagine a better voice for him, he's supposed to sound older

Older kid, not older man. He sounds older than Stan.

Yeah, no. Stop bullshitting.

Dipper sounds like a teen at the most.

Pic related. Maybe it's because I'm used to Jon Benjamin as Sterling Archer but his baleful monotone doesn't work at all for a "good" character like Bob.

Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Tiger Blade!
Sword Rain!
Omega Tempest!
Rising Phoenix!

The show is nothing but fanservice desperately trying to hide shitty writing. Hence why they ended up bringing back Toph and Zuko

This. All of this.

girlet

Is it a good thing that my first thought was you meant Bojack?

I think its mostly because Archer.
I think he fits pretty well as bob personally.

Yes for the obvious reason, no because it would be a sin to call any voice acting from that show bad

This is bait. He sounds like a grown man, jackass.

>Autists who get tweaked instead of rolling with it
kill yourself

This insufferable faggot's voice.

Seth Green as Leonardo 2013

Any child actor, regardless of show.
Nobody likes kids and absolutely nobody likes their voices. They sound horrible, can't act for shit and ruin everything they touch.

ever since i found out that Maximillian from Dark Cloud 2 is the same VA as Robin i couldnt see him the same again

Why do you think she tries to hard to stand out in sports?
The poor girl has to compensate somehow.

>Nobody likes kids and absolutely nobody likes their voices. They sound horrible, can't act for shit and ruin everything they touch.
I thought Greg was good.

only keven hart really stuck out. he can only do one kind of voice.

>he didn't like the voice acting in ATLA

I find Azula's voice doesn't fit her design at all, but I admit I only saw the show years after Sup Forums posted pictures of her.

That was the opposite problem. I'm talking about the child (or at least non-adult) actors.

PLING BLONG
thats all i have to say

That's funny, because I don't think he's a good fit for archer
that may be in part because I don't watch archer, or that the animation is so flat
but mostly because I know the actor looks more like Bob: just a dumpy, humble fatty

>bait

Can't they just pull a south park and pitch shift him?
and why the fuck they gotta keep using the younger version of a character who hit puberty already?
i mean what's the point in the time skip if they're just gonna keep using the younger version anyway?

voice of a Gundam MC
face of a Gundam MC's rival (aka A CHAR)

Somehow it worked for Hey Arnold

Gumball and Darwin sound alright

DEMON FANG DEMON FANG RISING FALCON SUPERSONIC THRUST