"Namor" is a story about limitless privilege

I FIGURE IT OUT! Now I understand why some people like him.

Namor is the most privileged character in comic books. He can do as he pleases, he can cause mayhem, he can kill thousands of people, he can kidnap women to his kingdom and he never, ever has to face any consequences beyond a slap on the wrist.

Let's think about it. Under the same circumstances, Cyclops killed one man in a straight fight, while Namor killed thousands of civilians in a coward attack. For what he did, Cyclops was considered public enemy number one. For what he did, Namor was invited to the Illuminati to decide the fate of the universe with the likes of Captain America and Iron Man (the same "heroes" that jailed Cyclops).

Captain America is the paragon of Marvel heroism, yet he sees nothing wrong with what Namor does and considers him one of his dearest friends. It doesn't matter with Namor tried to destroy New York last week.

He is the guy that gets to be forever immature, never growing up, and the heroes of his worlds rewards him for that. Married heroines lust for him, fuck their heroic husbands, they are not as cool as this guy causing havoc for no reason! He will always have a seat with the Avengers or the Illuminati, no matter what he does. The heroes will always speak highly of how noble he is, even when he joins a team of sociopaths to kill who-knows-how-many billions of people.

He is the guy that lived 70 years of his life being immature, spoiled and dumb, and was rewarded for that with admiration and VIP treatment. Can you imagine a bigger power fantasy? That's why he has fans!

If Namor had to face consequences, he would have even fewer fans, because the ten people that like him are attracted to his privileged nature.

NAMOR DOESNT HAVE ANY FANS

HOW AUTISTIC ARE YOU

JUST STOP

SHE"S NEVER COMING BACK OP! THAT BITCH AIN'T EVEN COMING BACK! YOUR DAD WASN'T A GOOD ENOUGH MAN!

Yes, he has.

They used to appear in the storytimes of every book that had Namor in it, just to say how "alpha" and "hot" he is. You missed New Avengers storytimes.

Nowadays, they are too ashamed.

They're just tired of arguing with you Namorfag.

Arguing what? They have no arguments.

You ask for his classics, they give you "Namor Steals Water".

You ask for the reason why heroes suck Namor cock, they say it's because the Avengers are pussies.

You ask why Sue Storm wants to cuck her husband with a man that has tried to kill her brother, they say it is because he is too sexy and alpha.

I'm still waiting for a not-terrible answer.

You can be free of this autistic need to post the same thread every day Namorfag. I believe in you.

I sincerely hope you end up like Lee Goldson.

Do you agree with my points, my biggest fan? Why do you think Marvel heroes give Namor VIP treatment?

Keep on fighting my friend

I don't care. I've never read Namor, I'll never read Namor. He's a weird looking character with no depth, but he's culturally important since he was the first anti-hero in comics. Apart from that, I couldn't give less a of a shit.

>I've never read Namor, I'll never read Namor.
You're wiser than me.

Who would you guys say is the better character, Namor or Aquaman.

>namorfag is also a cykecuck
Amazing

>Angry, Vaguely Asian Manchild
vs
>Blonde, Blue-Eyed White King who's in tune with Atlantis and its Ancient Greek roots

Gee, dunno user...

Eh, not really. I'm a Starkfag though, so I have my sights on you for that snide comment...

Your dedication is commendable.

Same shit, new coating.

I honestly imagine Namorfag to be either disgustingly obese and unkempt or an omega level skelly who is ugly as sin sitting in his parents' house looking for some form of interaction to the outside world.

I wonder at what point you'll realize how useless this is.

>Namor admits to being involved in a scheme to kill Sue's entire family
>she has to think about whether to run off with Namor and let them die

It's really weird how asian Namor looks
His mom was a fish but wasn't his dad a Scot?

He was an Anglo-American, but I don't think they ever revealed the exact ethnicity.

I like Stark, too.

I'm /fit/, user, believe it or not. Since I was 16.

And it's not useless, I've seen people on other forums shittalking Namor since I started.

I'm sure there are Marvel creators here. They now know that people are aware of how shit Namor is and will think twice before writing yet another "Sue will cuck Reed with Namor" story or something like that.

>I'm sure there are Marvel creators here. They now know that people are aware of how shit Namor is and will think twice before writing yet another "Sue will cuck Reed with Namor" story or something like that.
Thanks user I really needed that laugh.

>I'm sure there are Marvel creators here. They now know that people are aware of how shit Namor is and will think twice before writing yet another "Sue will cuck Reed with Namor" story or something like that.
You have a much higher opinion of Marvel than most of Sup Forums I will give you that.

>I've never read Namor, I'll never read Namor.
>He's a weird looking character with no depth

Read old school Defenders or hell, the comedic one with the original team.
Namor can be written well when he has a foil to his bullshit and gets called on it instead of being portrayed in a shitty manner - Which he was in recent marvel.

Of course I've read stuff with Namor in it. Most Defenders runs, Super-Vaillain Team-Up, others as well. I just never bothered with his solos. I don't hate, I'm just indifferent to him.

So was Namor an X-man at some point? I mean, he was in AvX.

I'm more mad about how him and Black Panther make Sue, an otherwise happily married woman, want to cheat.

No dude, it's just because he's a dick and he's a dick about being a dick. And that's entertaining when interacting with other characters. If he faced consequences he couldn't keep being a pain in the ass of everyone.

That's all. You don't have to be able to self-insert into a character to enjoy them, you just have to enjoy what they bring.

doesn't that make namor the best though?

>an otherwise happily married woman
Nigga she was hitting on Spidey the first time they met. She's desperate for attention and Reed won't give it to her. She never goes through with it because she still needs to feel like she the good person in the relationship. Reed's an ass, Sue is a cunt, Namor's a dick and T'Challa's a prick.

I'm not that big of a Cyke fun, to be honest. But Scott and Namor are the opposite extremes of Marvel Dumb Treatment. The Responsible Hero that is Considered a Monster for No Reason vs The Immature Asshole that is Admired for No Reason.

The Captain America and the Iron Man that jailed Scott for killing one man during a fight gave Namor a slap on the wrist for killing thousands of innocents. Do they sound heroic when you put it that way?

Add to that, Gillen literally put Namor to make the same old "Namor is cuck the hero" story, and if he had continued writing X-Men, he would make Emma betray Scott for Namor and stab him in the back, according to Gillen himself. Something that is really OoC for Emma.

Why do people become retarded when Namor is in the story?

>Namor can be written well when he has a foil to his bullshit and gets called on it instead of being portrayed in a shitty manner - Which he was in recent marvel.
What exactly is "recent Marvel"?

Yes, if you are a manchild.

"Wow, this character is an immature asshole, and he is rewarded for it! I want to live that life!"

Yeah, but she knew what she was signing up for when she married him.

Fuck, according to Mark Miller she even gave Namor a handjob.

It happens because Namor is privileged.

It doesn't matter if Sue is portrayed as a caring wife and mother 99% of the time. The moment she interacts with Namor is the moment she becomes weak, retarded, dumb. The moment she becomes the kind of woman willing to throw her life away for an immature man that has tried to kill all the members of her family.

It is what Namor does. It is what Namor fans want.

A spoiled Asian dicklet that is admired by the world for no reason. Namor is Elliot Rodger's fantasy.

There's a time and place to be mature and reading capecomics isn't it. Escapism is all they're good for and that's fine.

On the other hand, being a weak-ass badly written power fantasy does one make a character the best character.

Escapism doesn't have to be badly written.
Unless you're a manchild.

No premise is inherently badly written, no matter how manchild-y. It's matter of execution. You can write the ultimate self insert fantasy and do it well.

>I want to live that life!
Thiinking that this is what makes people like characters is what makes you a manchild, ironically.

Did you miss the "Sue is a cunt" part?