Why is band geeks considerd the best spongebob episode when theres choclate with nuts or shanghaied?

Why is band geeks considerd the best spongebob episode when theres choclate with nuts or shanghaied?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5a1z26twsoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's one of the few episodes where Squidward is actually happy at the end
I have a weakness for "designated punching-bag character finally gets a break" episodes

>Best episode
>Not Krusty Krab Training Video

We all do. Especially when they really work for it.

I can remember most if not every scene from Band Geeks
I can remember a couple of good jokes from Shanghaied
I remember one joke from Chocolate with Nuts

BIG

MEATY

MEATY

COCKS

WELL THESE COCKS AREN'T JUST FOR ATTRACTING MATES

BRING IT ON OLD MAN, BRING IT ON "MMMPH"

My Nigga

HOOPLAAA!!!

It's just feelgood. Everybody stays in-character and motivated by their own personalities and goals, but they all manage to come together to BTFO Squilliam and make the punching bag that was Squidward genuinely happy for once and in the most badass, musical-number way possible.

I still contend that Shanghaied is best Spongebob of all time, though.

Good jokes
Memorable lines
Squidward gets a genuine happy ending
Kick-ass musical number

Band Geeks
Krusty Krab Training Video
Chocolate with Nuts
Shangheid

All four are god tier to me.
Band Geeks gives Squidward a happy end.
Training video reminds me of old cartoons that had the same formula like the football video by disney or the house of tomorrow by loonry tunes.
The other two are just great episodes by greaat writers.

my personal favorite is the camping episode

best episode coming with a second avalanche

>highest jokes/minute of any episode by far
>highly quotable
>amazing ending
>never dwells on jokes for too long
>doesn't have to rely on repetition
>the dialogue is so well prepared that about 1 in every 2 lines of dialogue is a joke
>involves just about every type of humor possible
>huge variety of characters, and every character that speaks (and even some of those that don't, like the flag twirlers) is utilized to their fullest extent
>each character is portrayed perfectly, they all fit into their expected roles and into their roles of Band Geeks seamlessly
>the pacing stays consistently breakneck so that they can fit in all those jokes

There is just no way it can be beaten. It was perfection.

Pizza Delivery doesn't get nearly enough of the acclaim it deserves

what about the episode where plankton gets a pet?

not best 4 material but how high does it rank?

Pretty much every episode from Seasons 1-3 were incredible and memorable, except for I Was a Teenage Gary.

That's a problem I have with Brooklyn 99. The two older detectives are not only incompetent, but it seems like they always were. They never get redemption or a reason for sucking. How did they become detectives? At least we know why squidward is a loser and why hes depressed.

there were probably a couple more misses than that in the later parts in season 3, but also a ton of hard hitters

Because it's subjective and you care way too much.

i recall they did explain why they're there and they are actually competent if THEY want to. they just don't because they don't want more responsibilities.

Nobody here have love for Strangler episode?

>football video by Disney
That would be How to Play Football, one of the best Goofy shorts of all time
youtu.be/5a1z26twsoY

Is spongeBob the pinnacle of cartoon comedy for all ages?

yes

It has a lot of good jokes.
Squidward happy ending.
Most importantly, it features nearly every notable character in bikini bottom.

>a vast majority of the episodes mentioned in this thread are Aaron Springer/CH Greenblatt eps

Hockey Homicide is better.

>That end

Because even if it's not the funniest episode for everyone (I personally think Wet Painters and Krusty Krab Training Video way funnier), it's the best anyway because excels at something more than just being consistently funny and memorable.

It brings pretty much all characters together and manages to use all of them without breaking character, and it's mostly about Squidward. Squidward attempting to do something good, actually trying for once, failing, and then it turns out his efforts weren't in vain. It brings the full cast together for a spectacle and it gives Squidward, the punching bag of the show, a happy ending for once in a awesome musical number. It has everything people love about Spongebob but it elevates the show to something more than just it's humor, it's a testament to the likeability of it's cast and it's ability to deliver on the spectacle.

Band Geeks is such a good episode, that if Spongebob Squarepants had ended right then and there, it would been seen as one of the greatest cartoon finales of all time. We would be talking about to this day how Spongebob was not only one of the greatest cartoons of all time but managed to end on it's highest note. You can't say that about any other episode of Spongebob. There's a reason why the first movie replicated so much of Band Geeks.

So it's really not because it's the funniest episode, because for most people it isn't. It's because it's simply the best episode in virtually every other regard.
It's the most grandiose episode of the show. It feels like the finale the show deserved even if it wasn't intended to be.

The only episode i saw them competent in was when they teamed up with everyone to save jake. Did i miss something? Even the episode where they take a case alone, they fuck it up and only win because they lazied their way into victory. That doesnt prove that they are competent.

These

It's like how everyone has their favorite Dreamworks movie (Shrek 2 for me) but it's almost universally agreed that Prince of Egypt was their peak.
I don't see why fight over this. We all love seasons 1-3 of Spongebob anyway.

>not SB-129, the obvious best one

This, so much. It feels like the end, but it's a glorious triumphant ending for everyone.

The fact that I had to google what that episode was makes me agree with you.

Shanghaied is like a lost episode to me, I only saw it on TV by accident like last year. I honestly didn't find it that funny, or at least the Patrick "LEEDLE LEEDLE LEE" joke in it I just found really annoying.

I don't know, maybe I haven't seen it enough to appreciate it but that joke annoyed me and was the most prominent thing about the episode.

I can at least remember the concept for the episode since it was a fun idea and I don't remember it being too bad. I think there are dud episodes in season 3 like Krustyland, which is an episode that has such a fun premise "Mr Krabs builds a cheapskate themepark" but just doesn't really deliver on the concept and I can't remember any really big jokes in it. Not outright bad, just weak

They never contribute to a case in the series, but they are competent when they want something. They deduce that Gina has a secret bathroom and that the renovated break room is ass. They're pretty observant and their insights end up being useful but they never get big wins

>best episode
>not the mermaidman and barnacleboy episodes.
I'll always love those episodes.

Sorry, bucko, but the best episode is Wet Painters.

When I discovered this it blew my mind. I didn't think literally EVERY SINGLE EPISODE from the first 2 seasons would be not only good but fucking amazing. There's a reason reruns from fucking 1999 still get aired.

I've also never seen the Christmas special(s?), maybe they just never air in the UK outside of on Christmas day but I used to watch Spongebob all the time as a kid and I never saw it.

That episode is memorable because of the popular "deleted scene" rumor

this
this
and Mayonnaise are why it's one of the best episodes.

Why is Squidward depressed?

THE SECRET FORMULA IS-

It'as not so much that I don't enjoy a little slapstick against Squidward, but him genuinely trying to do something and then succeeding, without him being a douchebag, feels like a ncie change of pace. And it led to some great jokes and a satisfying conclusion.

I think there is an episode where they solve a case and tell Boyle not to tell anyone that they are secretly good detectives because they don't like doing work.
this. It really works because Squidward is not an instigator of conflict in this episode but a victim. And its nice seeing everyone band together to help him.

Why?

Because the winner takes all
It's the thrill of one more kill
The last one to fall
Will never sacrifice their will

And it's sweet, sweet, sweet victory, yeah!
And it's ours for the taking

Living next to Spongebob and patrick

>Didn't like PERFUME DEPARTMENT
>Didn't like WE'RE GOOD, WE'RE GOOD
>Didn't like watching Squidward fall into an almost endless void of eldritch horror, leave safely, and be transported back onto the ship by a stupid wish
>Didn't like the "I WISH I KNEW THAT EARLIER" wish

Shit taste, brother.

THE WINNER TAKES ALL
IT'S THE THRILL OF ONE MORE KILL

Happy end for squidward