I know this issue didn’t receive a positive reaction from Sup Forums, which confuses me...

I know this issue didn’t receive a positive reaction from Sup Forums, which confuses me. Do you lot think Earth-0 Bruce Wayne would’ve had a healthier reaction if he was given the most powerful weapon in the universe at the instant of his parents’ death, and with no training or restraint?

It just wasn't written as strongly as the previous two. Its really edgy, and leaves too many plot holes considering how Green Lantern rings work. That said, it's not really worth getting upset over considering its an elseworlds and that this entire event isn't meant to be taken seriously. I just feel more could have been done with Dawnbreaker.

Pretty much this combined with how weak the design of Dawnbreaker is
Why does he have scuba gear and shit?

I think the plot holes are more plot points that haven’t been addressed just yet. Like, why he looks like a corpse and where the darkness came from that allowed him to wipe out the entire Green Lantern Corps in less than a minute.

Felt really weak compared to Red and Machine. Problay gonna be the weakest of all of them. Unless the Drowned doesnt live up to everyone's expectation

I'm scratching my head as to why this Bruce is Bat-themed to begin with. I mean think about it; he doesn't have any sort of connection to bats, no desire to become a symbol to strike fear in criminals/people who question him. He just starts as a warped Green Lantern, and then walks into his power battery becoming Batman.
This is implying they'll cover this in the upcoming books. Which personally I think is unlikely, but you do have a point about the inconsistent, corpse look. The closest thing this resembles is a corrupted GL ring channel Black Lantern shit, but even that's just a wild theory. He sure as hell isn't channeling willpower.

Could some kind user please storytime it?

This whole event is garbage for brainlets like who'll defend it on the grounds that "it's not meant to be taken seriously lol just turn off your brain lmao"

If Bruce was angry enough to bypass the green ring's no-lethal-force code, then he should have been angry enough to get a red ring.

He literally said it wasn't very good retard.
>calls others brainlets
>has the reading comprehension of a 6 year old
You can not get asspained about everything while still being critical.

>Clearly said it was dumb
>Addresses that its pointless to get mad over a multiverse event that even the writers are aware is tongue-in-cheek dumb
Faggot
Red Rings didnt exist at this time if we're using main canon as a timeline

I guess... It's the dark connection?
Like bats exist in the night. And Dawnbreaker Bruce is about the night

I think it’s as simple as, Barbatos is the darkness in the ring, and that, since he’s literally being fueled by an entity just this side of Darkseid in terms of malignant evil, it’s corrupting and ruining his body from the inside as he uses more of the dark power. That’s my guess, and I’m pretty confident about it.

Nofunallowed.jpg

My biggest issue is that in his one shot he looks slim-fit, like a swimmer, but in all the others he looks like a zombie, or anorexic

I think he's meant to be a teenager?

I can get behind that, its just Jarring, because in his he looks too fit for a teen., but hey, its comics. I aint gotta explain shit

>It just wasn't written as strongly as the previous two
Murder machine was weaker to be honest, not enough nano Alfred shenanigans and we didn't even see the machine on the cover, Dawnbreaker was so edgy it was hilarious sometimes, there is no way they weren't aware of it

Murder Machine felt like it, out of the other one-shots, was most meant to be taken tongue out of cheek. Out of everything else, it felt most like the writers wanted to write a straight up, Batman themed horror story than anything else.

Yeah, comics are shit at drawing kids a lot of the time
8(?) year old Green Lantern Bruce just looked like a man with a big head

Says who lol

Red Flash or whatever the Flash Bat is called seemed as serious as Murder Machine.

Murder Machine is the best one imo, just a little underdeveloped

People are just hoping for enough fap material to chalk it up as a win.

seconded