AltHero thread?

AltHero thread?

I've heard mixed reviews.

Does it have hope?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OvoTwgucSr4
voxday.blogspot.com/search/label/Alt-Hero?updated-max=2017-09-30T06:34:00-04:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The preview comic has some pretty terrible art, I wonder where all that money went.

We've got a long way to go.
youtube.com/watch?v=OvoTwgucSr4

I know I shouldn't be telling a comic board not to discuss a comic, but can we please just ignore this? No good can come from acknowledging this.

It's got a ton of anonymous $5000 donations. I'm pretty sure they'll never see a dime out of 99.99% of those.

>We all underestimated how bad the convergence in comics had become; we had to actually see it in order to believe it. I suspect we may be similarly underestimating the degree to which the SJWs in comics are going to be triggered by the mere existence of Alt⭐Hero, let alone if it proves to be even remotely popular. This has the potential to make the response of the SF-SJWs to the Rabid Puppies look calm and measured by comparison.
>UPDATE: Judging by the initial response of SJWs on Twitter, which is about as calm as measured as a vampire's reaction to garlic-infused holy water, this is going to be even more triggering than I'd imagined.
>UPDATE: I have been reliably informed that they are not at all triggered. Not even a little bit. No, you see, they're all laughing. That's a new one....
>Meanwhile, SJWs on Twitter are shrieking in amygdala-stress about how no one will read Alt⭐Hero, no one cares about it, how they are Laughing Out Loud about it, and how it is utterly doomed to failure. This is a rather remarkable response considering that not only has it not been released yet, but we have not even launched the Freestartr campaign for it yet or released the video for the campaign.
>I promised you REEEEEEEES. Have I not delivered? Am I not kind?

voxday.blogspot.com/search/label/Alt-Hero?updated-max=2017-09-30T06:34:00-04:00&max-results=20&start=20&by-date=false

thats a really shitty render.

>The preview comic has some pretty terrible art
and lettering

Meh. Might be alright.
>OR ALTRIGHT HUE?HUE?HUEHE?

Please stop shilling your garbage.

Holy Poser, Batman

No.
Not even the author, I'll fucking shill this shit to my grave until leftists stop shilling their garbage. "le-le bad as them?!"

Don't give a shit.

>Please stop shilling your garbage.
>bumping instead of sage
Just don't post in this thread you retard.

>>Supreme Dark Lord @voxday
>>Sure I do. He [Kirby] was a midget, a bullshitter, and he couldn't draw hands or ears. I see we've gone from Stage One to Stage Three.

>>Jack Kirby was a midget and a bullshitter. He wasn't kicking anyone's ass, except maybe a little girl's.

>>That's antisemitic. Jews are not all thieves. And Kirby wasn't big enough to pick me up, let alone give me a swirly.

>>Whatever happened to all the laughing? Well, they're clearly not triggered or anything. By the way, I performed a little science at the gym today, testing out hypotheses. It turns out I could curl the little midget four times cleanly, six if I cheated. Figure eight at peak.

Anyone supporting this faggot while claiming to love Superheroes, American comics or Marvel characters is a fucking liar.

>inb4 stubborn retards agreeing with him

>Written by Chuck Dixon.
I read it and it doesn't read like Dixon at all.

kill yourself my man, as a superior centrist you alt right shits are just as bad

Batman Dixon, or Clinton Cash Dixon?

What? They're one and the same.

About a quarter of the funding comes from six guys, which suggests something interesting going on.

I understand why mods crack down on these threads, but I hope they ease off come the actual release because I want to read this with Sup Forums.

This is definite Storytime of Pain material although I suspect it'll end up being too boring to make a good one

>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

Why do mods ignore this when the alt-right does it?

Why would you be THIS much of a dick? Who the fuck doesn't like Kirby?

"X thing/person that everyone likes was actually bad" is a take designed to generate clicks, everyone does it for this reason

Yeah, but what era does it read like?

He's triggered because Kirby is an American hero that killed Nazis and he's a alt-right perma-triggered little pussy

Guy sounds like a total ass bag. Fuck him and his lame ass comic. The Alt-right is just as cancerous as the regressive Left.

It doesn't really work when you attack the masters
>Michaelangelo was fucking garbage, I could beat the shit out of him, look at how good my painting of Jesus is, much better than that hack!

Super embarassing

>This shitty comic with shitty art and panelling and lettering is on its fifth goal because it is ~against muh sjw boogeyman~
>my comic would never even be funded
why do i still try anons

Give your comic an insane political spin and then publish something completely different with the same title

the first thread today was pretty funny, a few Sup Forums shiposters mixing in and agreeing with a few non-Sup Forums falseflagging shitposters purposefully saying stupid shit, and a whole hell of a lot of shilling for this awfully drawn extended chick tract tier representation of rightwing views

honestly i kind of want it to come out (assuming the "creators" dont just run with the money) to add another comic to storytime of pain week. itll give a nice contrast to marvels shit-tier leftist comics. honestly it looks to be like America #1 from the antimatter universe, i cant wait for the big laffs when rightards try to defend its shitty art and story just because it sucks their political e-penises

No.

What now, cuckold?

For controversy bucks. Make a shit product, when people call it shit, claim you're being oppressed by some nebulous "other" and that if people want to take a stand they need to give you money. Dismiss any accusation of the product being shit as political oppositiuon to your side.

It's blatant when Anita does it. We haave like six threads a day complaining about Marvel doing it. But because idiots lack self awareness and shitposters don't give a fuck, when it's some right wing guy doing it all those tactics are patriotic and acceptable.

I don't get why the creators of this think dc is sjw.
Marvel sure but not dc.

Still I am kind of hype. The politics are just as dumb as marvels (maybe slightly less so) but maybe the story will be decent and people overstate how bad the art is.

Could somebody more knowledgable than me explain exactly what the issue with the letting is?

It's not supposed to work, it's supposed to make people mad and draw attention to you

When the fuck did cuck become a term Alt-right folks use to insult people who don't agree with them?

True. But Kirby is a master writer. His art is just a bit above average.

>sjws are bad because they keep forcing their politics into comics
>now if you excuse me I have to go write a comic entirely about my politics

>makes a shit comic
>people laugh at how shit it is
>lol i triggered you

But there's "draw some negative attention so that the people who would support me eventually see me" and there's "make myself look like an irredeemable cunt in front of everyone"

right wing trump supporter here, this shit is embarrassing like any pandering media

but Sup Forums's lowest iq pondscum rushing to defend it doesn't surprise me one bit

Jesus fucking christ this entire blogspot is painful to read. Literally "us trolls, huh? legion!"

Yeah it's Marvel tier quality.

Sup Forums thinks it's all stupid too.

>implying he wouldn't just run like a pussy

Honestly 9/10 Marvel artists are better. Really only henderson and the poser tracers are worse.
100% of Marvel lettering is better.

Sup Forums doesn't equal r/The_Donald
Sup Forums thinks it's stupid as well

>Using a medium that was brought into the public eye by jewish writers/illustrators as a way to express your far-right beliefs

Wait how the fuck are you getting a star on Sup Forums? Is there other symbols we can use?

We already had two full threads today with hundreds of comments shitting on it, and literally one retard defending it, take a guess buddy

damn i didnt save the pic that people were complaining about but basically it broke up sentences really awkwardly into the word bubbles and it just came off like no thought was put into it because its stunted as hell to read

its like

yeah, and ill just
go ahead
and put shit wherever I
mean what
could possibly go
wrong

>I don't get why the creators of this think dc is sjw.
Milo told them do by posting a single out of context page where Superman prevented some latinos from getting shot.

Neo Nazis and/or white supremacists, since he was a Jew

how very dare you

No

you need to be 18 to post here

Comes down to how much of a hand Vox has in the actual product; if he has any real impact on the writing some Ow the Edge is gonna get in.

>superior centrist
What's it like having no principles?

Thinking you're a faggot is a pretty good principle. I can stand behind it.

kind of disappointing he felt the need to hitch his wagon to this shitshow instead of just making his own shit at Image. Guess he couldn't find an artist.

Nice trips.

MODS

the trailer goes straight from a vigilante beating up some brown dude and taking him to the immigration enforcement office to "storylines, not social justice"
>pure pottery

i mean i know you cant expect anyone whos at the far end of any political spectrum to have an ounce of self awareness (because then they wouldnt be there), but this is getting pathetic at this point

not so pathetic that its impossible to even laugh at, mind, but still pretty damn pathetic

>The only politics that exist are the batshit insane ideas
centrist doesn't mean no principles.

The art is pretty bad fampai. Although if they don'r charge a lot for a single issue I suppose they could get away with it.

Voxy's own epic fantasy is pretty boring and doesn't even have enough sheer WTF to make it interesting

Marvel's lettering isn't ass so they have that on Alt Hero

Cuckolds are far too wear to even compete
Holy shit, the memes are real!

Did it even state whether or not the immigrants that Superman saved were illegal? Hell, they could've been a bunch of Puerto Ricans if it's not specified.

people just assumed because they were brown and a white guy was yelling that they took his job

But SNAGGLEPUSS is GAY and also Superman didn't let a bunch of innocent people get riddled with bullets

It's encouraging that you think it matters.

Stop being a libcuck and just talk about the merits (or lack of) the comic has as a fucking comic book. If is good is good if is shit is shit. Stop being a fucking crybaby.

You need to stop giving this faggot attention

It wouldn't matter, but it would have been ironic.

>some manlet with over 100iq is using it to scam hordes of double digit inbreds out of their money
>it's webcomic tier product
>his whole schtick is "omg sjws are so pissed, we are winning so hard"
>some troll is spamming alt hero threads while throwing most obvious bait false flags imaginable to bump threads
>biggest idiots from this board are his little helpers and bump it with "what can we do to stop this alt-right spam" posts
>all retards are in one thread and rest of the board is suddenly better
Fucking kek.

But we've had two threads of establishing everyone on Sup Forums thinks the art's shit, the lettering's shit, the page layouts are shit, and the writer's a retard who hates a comic book legend because he was Jewish. There's nothing less to discuss.

>and just talk about the merits (or lack of) the comic has as a fucking comic book
It's a chick tract. It's intend to be politics first. It's marketed literally on "this will trigger sjws".
Any discussion is taking the bait.

That's an insult to Chick Tracts. Sometimes they had good art.

Irony requires more context than dogmatic idiots are willing to allow.

>can't even speak English
you have to go back!

>"Supreme Dark Lord"
>Shitting on Jack Kirby

>I promised you REEEEEEEES. Have I not delivered? Am I not kind?
>Someone actually, purposefully types like this

We always have multiple threads about the same shit over and over again. I agree the comic is shit regardless of its political affiliation, but said political affiliation shouldn't be a reason not to talk about it. Sometimes I forget Sup Forums is truly the Tumblr of Sup Forums but I like to think that we can still have a discussion about how something is shit and not have people come over here and say "don't talk about this because of mean rightwing nazis!"

>Chick Tracts had good art

He said sometimes, and it's true. The DnD one had some solid art.

So what fresh insight do you have on this dumpster fire then?

>What do you think of this?
>It looks like shit
>lol triggered much reeeeeeee
There. You had your thread. Can we go do anything else now?

Discussion is all well and good, but beating a dead horse down to its atomic structure is testing the limits.

Not a single one, I agree with this shit is just a cash grab made to cash from retards. But only because I have nothing new to say I don't come here and say people not to talk about this garbage

That was drawn by the black guy who ghosted for Jack without credit until MUCH later. Jack himself did the shitty 50's pop art cartoon style.

It's not looking good. Colors are all over the place, the pacing seems stupid and the whole "it's a different world but not too dissimilar" shtick seems stupid.

It's painfully mediocre at best.

>I've heard mixed reviews.
Well, you are probably the person to whom those reviews are directed at, shill-user.

It's not that fucking great.

>Was brought up during the depression in New York City
>Was part of a street gang of boys who beat the fuck outta each other for fun
>When American Nazi's came to Timely's offices he went downstairs to clobber 'em before they ran off.
>Served in WWII as a mechanic initially but then was moved to the frontlines
>Due to his drawing ability his job was to sneak into enemy territory and do recon while drawing what he saw
>Killed literal Nazi's but rarely spoke much about it due to severe PTSD
>Came back and wrote/drew about the horrible shit he saw in various war comics
>The Thing and Nick Fury are based on him. Down to many of Fury's old war stories.
>Lived a hard life, but did what he could to survive and put bread on the table for his family

>LOL HE'S SHORT I COULD BEAT HIM UP. WHAT A PUSSY!

This fucking guy.

Holy shit Kirby wasn't about to fuck around.

Forgot the part where he survived hypothermia.

Honestly I'm only here in this thread for the Kirby stories.

I'm developing a newfound appreciation for the man.

>UPDATE: Judging by the initial response of SJWs on Twitter, which is about as calm as measured as a vampire's reaction to garlic-infused holy water, this is going to be even more triggering than I'd imagined.
wow
was that like... a metaphor?
such a talented writer damn