Whats the first episode of The Simpsons you remember watching? how old were you? and did you like it?

Whats the first episode of The Simpsons you remember watching? how old were you? and did you like it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JsVlZsYBMzU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The treehouse of horror episode with the origin of Halloween and witch Marge

Treehouse of Horror with the bus Gremlin

Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire on DVD.
Probably six years old.
Yeah, it's probably my favorite tv show.

All the way through? I think the one where Homer got buff and tried to climb a mountain.
But my earliest memory is getting spooked to shit by the Halloween Horror opening. I had no sense of irony and took most things at face value. So I thought Marge was being legit when she told everyone to change the channel then they were going through the grave yard and I saw Mr. Burns get lynched and noped out.

Homer jumping Springfield Gorge

>BUY ME BONESTORM OR GO TO HELL!
Some Christmas episode I think. I don't remember the episode name or how old I was, maybe 9 or 10? I remember liking it.

I believe the first "episode" I saw was the Tracy Ulman short where Maggie imagines she's falling out of a tree. I had to be 5 or 4.

I remember back when I was 10 in 2007, I watched my first full episode and it was the one where it starts with Homer faking his death with a dummy.

The first episode I remember was the Christmas episode where they fucked it all up but got Santa's Little Helper at the end.

When you go back and check and it was the legit first episode of the first season. Well there we have it.

The first one I remember involved skateboarding and probably Tony Hawk. That's all I remember.

Season 11, Episode 5

I was probably seven, and was probably the Treehouse of horror episode with the crow parody and Mr Burns' head attached in Homer's body, or some episode from that season. It was 1993.

Yes, I'm old and i saw the rise and, with horror and sad, the fall of The Simpsons.

The babysitter burglar episode back when Lisa was still a horror

Three Men In A Comic Book

If I saw it when it first aired, I must have been 3 or something, so I'm guessing I first saw it when I was 4 or 5. It freaked me out. When the boys are fighting and they nearly fall out of the treehouse, I think that's when I got my fear of heights.

The one where Homer gets a RV and they go to the wild

I remember the first fucking episode. I was 7.

The epsidoe where they get Santa's Little Helper.
11 I think.
I liked watching it with my dog.

The one where Homer is worried about Bart being gay, and they go to that factory where all of the workers started dancing.

It's my earliest memory because it's where I learned what being gay meant.

this treehouse I was 6. Scared the shit out of me.

Are you me because that is scarily the same as me.

>the first episode you remember watching

the first episode. also remember watching the shorts on the tracey ullman show

youtube.com/watch?v=JsVlZsYBMzU

My earliest Simpsons memory is of the "Ow! Quit it" scene from Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire where everyone is poking Bart's arm. I was born in 89 and must've seen it around 94

I think it was the first Halloween special, can't be 100 percent but that's the one I remember most fondly from my childhood

Wow, exact same here. Six years old when I watched that episode on DVD. Are we all actually the same person?

I know i've watched the simpsons before then, but the first new episode i can remember watching was the Mr. Plow one at a friend's house

Lemon of Troy and The first treehouse of Horror are the only episodes I have any particular nostalgic attachment too. For the record, as a kid, I recall thinking of Simpsons as, more or less the same as any other kids cartoon, even though I knew it wasn't, because it didn't air in the kiddy blocks or anything. Also, I remember in primary and middle school, everyone knew the song from the homer hunger strike and lisa vegetarianism episode, and we all loved spiderpig too.

I was about 7 years old, shit scared the fuck out of me for months, i didnt know who Freddy Krueger was and when i found out was too old to be scared of Nightmare on Elm Street.

What I can only assume is some Treehouse of Horror where Homer dies and has to do a good deed as a ghost to go to heaven under a time limit. He does so unwittingly, but gets sent to hell anyway because St. Peter wasn't watching when it happened.

I remember when I was a kid, I turned on the TV at one point and it had somebody yelling about opening the gates to hell so I immediately turned it off and was spooked for quite some time after

Based

I honestly don't remember. All I remember is being at a friends house, and that it was also the first time I saw Futurama, which ran right afterward. I think it was Roswell that Ends Well.

Same. I knew Freddy Krueger, but I never knew he actually went into your dreams to kill you. And yeah, the skeleton scared me.

The one where Homer loses his first job at the nuclear power plant (when Smithers was black) goes into a deep depression and almost commits suicide.

The one where Lisa babysits Bart and he falls down the stairs, thinking she killed him. I must've been 4 at least

Im 33.
never was a fan of simpsons and Futurama.
was more into adventure shows of 90s.
The only cartoon i watch these days is Rick and Morty.
and sometimes Galaxy Rangers when eating breakfast.

The episode where they go to Brazil is the first one I can remember, pretty sure I was 8.

I watched them on the TRACY ULMAN show,im 38

Clearly you also have autism because that's not what OP asked at all

That one where they release snakes into the city because they hunt pigeons and pigeons are running rampant

I don't remember, I was probably under 10 and it was the 1990s so it wasn't a "classic" episode yet.

I was under 10 so I had no opinions on comedy like that other than that I knew simpsons and futurama were "adult" cartoons.

You are asking WAAAAAY to much of me, but I can at least attest that I'm in the same ballpark as this user. That special had me scared to go to sleep, and I had already seen the damn movie, it was this very scene actually, that scared the bejesus out of me. I remember that it was the threat, the vow of vengeance that terrified me.