ITT Hard hitting moments

Genuine question; Are there any other cartoons that have reached this level of great drama? And if so, where can I find them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18
youtube.com/watch?v=E6WAGn76eAc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3fZQlIg4M
youtube.com/watch?v=kaaq0sgtdBw
youtube.com/watch?v=k9b9aoINXzk
youtu.be/yl8QY-oM6II
youtube.com/watch?v=tSwM6VALUTo
youtube.com/watch?v=vfGAleaUa2o
youtube.com/watch?v=NLJvDadSfns
youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQDNLkT3c
youtube.com/watch?v=6P6VccI2tlc
youtube.com/watch?v=vMvGUCTpCIY
youtube.com/watch?v=RksP2GrmJBA
youtube.com/watch?v=QAfo-F8F-WE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whoops forgot the video

youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18

Probably Mary and Max

>CHRISTFAGS R DUMB LOL LOOK THEY HAVE A WALL SEPARATING THEIR BEDS AREN'T WE SUBTLE?
>Great drama

THERE IS NO SIGN OF LAND

>Thinking Moral Orel is shit

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Man With No Taste!

It's not Christianity, its Waverly damaged people who hide behind it. Orel keeps his faith and learns from his parents mistakes.

If any SUfags try to post instances of drama from their shitty cartoon I will kick their ass

good bait. you got a few

YOU ARE COMING DOWN WITH ME

Obviously not as hard hitting, but "You're Getting Old" really fucked me up. Even through all the jokes. I'm not sure why.

That fucking montage with Landslide playing killed me. Anyone else?

youtube.com/watch?v=E6WAGn76eAc

I'm thankful that this scene introduced me to The Mountain Goats. Tallahassee is a great album.

>mountain goats starts playing
Goths was a solid 9/10

my nigga

Time's Arrow hit to close to home

Oh fuck you just brought back memories. South Park was my favorite show at the time, and this shit came out a week after my gf dumped me for another guy.

>that feel when Orel grows up, less naive but still a good hearted person
>has a loving family not poisoned by his father and mother
>confirmed his children will get to have a happier life than how Clay and Bloberta treated him
my eyes are sweating senpai

Dude I was just belting out Unicorn Tolerance down the highway today, that whole album is just aces.

that song gives me butterflies, fuck I hate it
I know how it feels to lose your friends because you drift apart and change. fuck depression and anxiety.

>everything I don't like is bait lol

But Orel remained a prime example of a good, faithful christian throughout the show. The whole point is that everyone in the show who says their a christian is a terrible, hypocritical mess hiding behind their faith.
I can tell you never watched the show.

This

Bait

It was better when she and Shapey or whatever the retard son's name was finally connected in the end.

Yeah that was a rock solid album

>Nobody ever talks about "God's Blunders"
>Actually taught a good lesson about inclusivity instead of discrimination

I loved that episode. Just because someone has different beliefs doesn't make them stupid.

>The whole point is that everyone in the show who says their a christian is a terrible, hypocritical mess hiding behind their faith.

Even that is too harsh a generality. For example, the priest grew as a person and became a better christian by being less of an lazy asshole.

Be the change you wanna see in the world, user.

YOU make a thread about it.

Even though its time was cut short, it still had a good ending

It's bizarre how many shows like this I've overlooked because I developed such a snobby taste in animation for awhile

I remember enjoying it when I was younger then developing a cynical nature over how shitty certain cartoons were and I believed any negative consensus without thinking twice about it so I agreed it was a bad show without even remembering it

Seeing this scene is going to make me watch it again, without a doubt

I came to post this.

>there was nothing but sugar and lemons in Bojack's fridge in her memory
>it's all she had growing up in way of a dessert when all she wanted was ice cream
>finally gets it
Damn that destroyed me.

It's okay, user, we were all 15 once.

Some of us probably still are.

HAND IN UNLOVABLE HAND

There is also Clay's monologue about hating himself and the being a poisonous bastard, but I found that the X-Men comic "God Loves, Man Kills" really fucked me up. Mainly because I'm a bifag and growing up, I saw a lot of people hating people like me. That ending where Scott and Ororo try to stay optimistic even in the face of all that they have encountered in that short time period really makes me hurt inside.

I refuse to watch this show just because of how depressing it sounds. I grew up in a catholic house with very restrictive prents, so it would probably hit too close to home.

I would honestly give it a go. Even though, I didn't grow up with Catholic parents (Thank god, no irony or offence intended), I did grow in a similar envoiriment to where my town was essentially a fucked up mess, but no one would admit it.

>that episode where things got oedipal
You know this show had some great drama but it could also be pretty scary.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3fZQlIg4M

The third season, after watching the first two for setting the stage, is seriously one of the finest things ever made for TV. It's depressing, but shows where hope can be found.

>Orel losing it over not being aloud to go to church

I'm glad Clay and Bloberta have bad endings

I know its one of the greatest thing ever made in animation, but i still cant watch it. I grew up to be an edgy teen after i was once naive and religious like orel was from the clips ive seen, and even though i still hate the idea of god and the universe giving me bad luck, it absolutely kills me knowing even through all the fucked up shit he still was christian and became a better person. It reminds me of what i couldve been if i was less toxic and cynical.

This Episode destroy me, the saddest moment on the show

Time's Arrow was such a good episode. It's one of the episodes from that season I keep going back to because of how well-written and composed it was.

There were so many subtle cues in that episode with the paintings and what Beatrice remembered. Specifically what stuck out to me was the exchange between Beatrice and Butterscotch outside of the Grand Hotel when the letters on the sign kept switching in the background.

10/10 episode

Sorry to hear that user. Hopefully you can change though. I know I did. Grew up edgy as fuck teenager who hated people, now I have an optimistic view on life and on people. Although I am far from perfect and have relapses, I am honestly happy.

Fuck. This episode it fucked me up so bad. Especially the Nurse bit. Girlfriend smacked me around a bit, made me quite iffy of contact. Her breakdown and the things leading up to that really hurt. Mainly because its what I feel and I am scared of when I try and get in a relationship.

"Alone" was a hard one for me to watch. I think it was definitely one of the most powerful episodes from the series. The segment with Nurse Bendy bothered me the most as someone who went through physical and sexual abuse as a kid.

The way she cried after the mishap with her bears and everything in the "grace" prayer at dinner made me want to cry. I get kind of worked up thinking about it.

this episode fucked me up bad

Yeah, but im still paranoid, i have self esteem issues from bullying, i have one friend who barely talks to me, and im nervous about getting into college. Im also very spiteful about current political ideals of normies and a general hatred of society due to rejection. As much as i want to be happy i come off as an edgy faggot because deep down at this moment i really do hate everyone. I try to be nice to people atleast, and with fucked up social skills like mine i guess thats all you can do.

>That feeling when your Grandmother and Grandfather literally were living Clay and Bloberta's live and I just missed out having to experience it because my Grandfather died the year I was born

>Realizing all those years when I spent with my Grandmother where I'd go into her bedroom and see the two beds separated with the curtain between them despite him being dead for years

Holy shit, people actually did that?

Hey user, I'm one of the above anons and I've been in the same boat as you. Getting in a relationship (now a marriage) was extremely hard for me and there are times where I don't trust myself to be good enough or assume the worst when my husband is upset with something. I fear rejection and cling to what I have.

Don't think that you're being an edgy faggot when you have some deep and legitimate psychological hangups from very real things. I wish the best for you.

I know it's easy for me to say but I have bleeding trust issues and self-esteem problems despite having a relatively normal relationship. Keep on chugging, bro.

My Grandfather was a player who got with my Grandmother because of World War II, and would literally bring his side piece of ass on vacation and have her work for him at his job.

My Grandmother was a woman who gave up her education to raise children and support my grandfather was he was going to school and who could literally do nothing in the face of his adultery because she had no power.

They compromised in the end by partying and drinking and acting like nothing was wrong because that was the proper thing to it. It's why my aunt's drug problem was allowed to get so bad, because they literally tried to just pretend it wasn't happening to save face. I remember the two beds in one bedroom. I even sleep on one of those beds now, because when she finally moved she got a massive bed for herself.

Don't underestimate white people's insanity when it comes to saving face in public, because needing two separate beds with a curtain between them is worth it because you can't stand sharing a bed wit a man who you gave up your dreams for but who couldn't remain faithful because he'd gotten what he needed from you and you didn't stir his loins anymore

I think you'll be all right if you go into it wanting to make friends. I went into university being cloistered and deeply racist and angry but made friends with my roommate and the guys in the next room anyway so it's not like it's hard to make friends when you're stuck in a dorm where close contact with your peers is required for survival.

You're not alone, user.

I sincerely hope you can find a way to be happy user. Mostly because I'm in a pretty similar situation.

I've been diagnosed with Emotional Deprivation Disorder, a mental illness that stems from a lack of any affection given to someone in their early life. This disorder manifests as feelings of inadequecy, inability to feel love, and difficulty in maintaining any sort of relationships. All the insecurities I've been facing since about 10 years old have been the result of a constant cycle of friends/family treating me like dirt. 2 weeks after my diagnosis I'm incredibly bitter towards my closest friends and family for the way they've treated me, and cut off contact with all of them. And with all of that I can't stop coming back to scenes like "numb", "sacrifice", and "nature" because I'm so fucking angry with everyone around me. The only places I feel comfortable are at work and at my work ethic classes, but even though I enjoy people's company there I know that any attempt to interact outside of a business environment is hopeless in my case, because of this awful illness.

sorry for having a pity party. I just need to vent.

It is good to know that. Thanks user.

God Loves man Kills is really a fucking masterpiece and anyone who says Claremont is a hack needs to read that shit

Who says that Claremont is a hack? This a man who basically saved a franchise and probably made it the best that it has ever been.

I just want a return to the Simmons and Claremont days for the X-Men as a franchise. Although not perfect, it was a good place for them to be.

So, I take it I could watch this show?

Yeah. Just be warned that Moral Orel is a very different show for the first 2 seasons.

Congratulations on being fucking retarded

Give it a watch, it's still hilarious

I don't understand how people have a legit hatred for normies. Sure they're hard to relate to and to talk to, but they aren't harming anyone.

Kill yourself

>never watched the show

go back to Redit, and jack-off to Pickle Rick, you sub-human fagot

Timmy from Monkey Dust
youtube.com/watch?v=kaaq0sgtdBw

I agree

If I were Bojack I would've told her to fuck off and not give her peace.

Fuck her.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9b9aoINXzk

Generally more subtle, but Daria had some damn good character moments.

youtu.be/yl8QY-oM6II

>that final moment of the show when he gives his brothers his stop motion playset for Christmas

no other show except for Bojack Horseman has ever given me feels that heavy

hyper underrated show

I need to rewatch Daria

Puddy is a REAL fuck to most people most of the time though. He definitely grew but not enough to be a good person.

But Bojack didn't

And he became a better man for it

I also learned of the Mountain Goats through this show. Fucking fantastic band.

I think it's implied that he'll improve as a person the more his relationship with Stephanie continues

>wrestling picture
>likes mountain goats
>goths is 9/10

Studies show that you are my nigg.

I've never heard of God Loves Man Kills. Should I check it out? Growing up in the 90s XMen are my shit, but I also never read them because people say they aren't good now.

>normies aren't hurting anyone

Not that you should hate normal people but normies hurt plenty of people.

>caring what this generation of fuckheads think about comics you liked

Havent seen the show so on its own it didnt hit me at all. Specially given the actors deliveries

Orel is inhumanly good at heart. No one should be held to the standard that he holds himself to.

That's the point. He's been waiting all season for her to be lucid enough to tell her to go to hell. He grows so much though over the season he lets it go and humanely feeds into her delusion.

The fact that he didn't shit on his mom is emblematic of his entire arc.

That's not what I meant. I only got into actual comics in the past few years and I'd heard that X-Men has been weak.

I'm pretty casual as far as comics go and only read highly recommended shit.

Fuck, it kinda remind me of that silly chick who host Radio X from GTA: San Andreas, Sage.
I used to have all her skits and the different intro/outro where she comments the songs.
It was silly, ridiculous, but god was it comfy. Lost it all when my mp3 fell down a toilet in Germany.
Haven't been able to find the thing again, since so much torrents went down since. And extraction programs aren't precise enough and don't even give you half of the skits. Youtube is way too incomplete too. The guy who extracted all that at first must have been one hell of a dedicated bastard.

>actually being this much of a virgin

This entire episode is uncomfortable.
youtube.com/watch?v=tSwM6VALUTo

Simpsons has alot of hard hitting moments.

youtube.com/watch?v=vfGAleaUa2o

Le only way to be happy is if you are a miserable fat athiest who tweets about feminism, and not a married man in a christian family.

>not realizing the writers are just projecting their own problems on Christians.
Notice how all the male feminists are getting outed as sexual harassers lately. They are trying to potray middle america as secretly evil, and miserable, when in fact it is they are evil, and miserable.

youtube.com/watch?v=NLJvDadSfns
youtube.com/watch?v=p8kQDNLkT3c
youtube.com/watch?v=6P6VccI2tlc

I HOPE YOU DIE

youtube.com/watch?v=vMvGUCTpCIY

youtube.com/watch?v=RksP2GrmJBA

Neither of them knew the meaning behind the words being said .
but we did .

>Moral Orel will never be released on Bluray
youtube.com/watch?v=QAfo-F8F-WE

if youve ever watched the show you would know this isnt the case at all. orel maintains his strict and honest belief in jesus and gets married to the love of his life because he broke free of they selfish hypocrisy of his parents who used religion to control and manipulate people

Why did I get a boner from the first skit.

thanks for scaring user. Haven't see this before.

*sharing