Toonami Ratings for 10/14/17

GitS 2nd Gig will replace AoT this Saturday at 3:30am

Toonami is running a Samurai Jack marathon for Halloween. Yea you know, that holiday that is on a Tuesday.

Countdown, the next Toonami TIE, will start on November 4th.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week IBO S2 premiered, and got absolutely BTFO by HxH. This week, it still did shitty but didn't get beat by HxH. Also the regular ratings charts didn't get posted for whatever reason so this is all we have

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 961 0.39
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 1167 0.51
11:00 Dragon Ball Super 933 0.46
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 842 0.40
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 638 0.31
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 545 0.26
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 527 0.25
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 440 0.21
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 438 0.22
2:30a Outlaw Star 390 0.19
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 342 0.17
3:30a Attack on Titan (r) 314 0.15

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XalMIYYgHt0
soundcloud.com/twilight2lounge/theme-from-lupin-the-third-soilpimp-sessions
youtube.com/watch?v=1tb_ihmava8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't even remember the last time the 8pm hour got a million.

We're fucked.

Back when 8pm aired the new episode. We're not gonna make it much longer. Once the new 8:30 episodes start dipping under a million, we're on deathwatch.

Reminder that we have at least until FLCL airs. After that it's free game.

>Air old stuff people seen
>Get shit results.
Toonami just needs to make new anime like Space Dandy and air it.

Never understood why they run marathons on holiday weekends that have no actual holidays. Also why don't the ratings come out in the afternoon anymore?

How may eps are S2&S3?

Because Demarco is a retard who doesn't know how to run the block. And ratings have never had a set time, sometimes they are up by 2pm for a few months, then all of a sudden don't show up till 9pm

Read the OP. 6 and 6

>those DBS numbers
All that does is scream to AS that Super can air by itself and there is no need to air the other garbage

So 12 weeks of guaranteed life into next year. After that, I'd guess we're gonna have to learn to move on.

Nothing can save this block. Let's just face it already.

This. People always say the next show will do it, but that isn't gonna happen. Demarco doomed this block in early 2016 and it's only gotten worse since

One day closer to the end.

He will SAVE US!

No HE will save us!

See . We're fucked.

I think I just saw a sand whale bump on AS. Remember that shit?

Jojo just keeps dropping the soap.

Oh yeah Mr. Tsukishima is a really nice guy, maybe he can collaborate with Hayao Miyazaki or Hideki Anno to save Toonami! Nice thinking!

>430 million books in print
>Oda is richer than ever
>biggest breasts currently running in anime
>literal world record holding comic book

Taking One Piece off the air was a mistake.

The back half of the block was doing much better when it was on, wasn't it?

This is all I have left. My 18 year old pet is gone and this is it,man.

Demo is that you?

Now what did we learn? Air Dragon Ball Super, motherfucker!

Keep saying that enough times and the block will get another half-hour back. I admire your dedication to pessimistic shitposting in the face of reality.

Maybe if shitstains watched the airing shows instead of complaining about how they don't like a few shows it would get better ratings. People are retarded thinking them not watching a show will fix things for them. Just watch everything and pray Toonami lives forever.

No

>watch shows you hate
>ratings tell them you want more of that show
Retard

Yea those rerun expansions sure were a benefit

Did sharkgirl from klk have a long tongue in anime or is it fanservice or.. do real sharks have long tongues?

Yes it was.

It wasn't super long, but it was a unique feature

For comparison's sake, here's last week:

11:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 875 0.46 587
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 800 0.41 526
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 638 0.33 429
12:30a Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphana 576 0.30 390

1:00a Hunter X Hunter 590 0.31 406
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 513 0.27 350
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 509 0.28 367
2:30a Outlaw Star 440 0.24 310
3:00a Cowboy Bebop (r) 423 0.22 290
3:30a Attack on Titan (r) 383 0.20 254

Growth in some places, decline in others. No idea how HxH did worse this week than last week, but here we are. A few more months and we're all free.

Don't do it man, you'll still have us, right?

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=XalMIYYgHt0

Might as well seeing as next year's likely to be our last.

New Toonami was never anything more than Adult Swim's anime block with nostalgic bumpers, and we all know how Adult Swim loves insulting the anime watchers.

After FLCL seasons 2 & 3 air, the block is as good as done. Dragon Ball Super may still stay on Adult Swim though.

If that were the case, they could have just kept AS action where they showed normal AS stuff until midnight or 1am then played weeb shit till 6am.

I just want Toonami to air one final good show before they pull the plug. Garo when?

They're never gonna air it.

What about Gatchaman Crowds? It's got cute girls (male) and a shitty Sentai dub that's bound to be cheaper than Garo's actually good Funi dub.

I would generally like a "Fuck you!" show like Hamtaro or the infamous (good) Ghost Stories dub as a last goodbye.

>cute girls (male)
Dropped

Your loss.

Ghost Stories dub is one-note and would be a chore to watch weekly.

You're one-note and a chore to watch weekly.

They basically did. But slapping a Toonami colored coat of paint over the same piece of shit caused its ratings to quadruple. Demarco said Toonami was the final attempt at salvaging ASA and if it failed they were dropping anime altogether. I guess it served its purpose, it tacked an extra 5 years on

Dub Berg is GOAT, I don't care what anybody says

>8:30 Dragon Ball Super 1167 0.51
Guess people were actually looking forward to Vegeta vs Cabba

People look forward to Vegeta anything.

lol, what a faggot.

MOAR

So adorable.

That's a guy

>RIP Toonami
>they back again this saturday with more shitposts
never changes

It's not so much that we're all shitting on toonami so much as we can see the writing on the wall with how shitty the ratings have gotten. Once the new FLCL airs next year, anything beyond that is pretty up in the air.

It will be AoT season 2 all over again. Also even if it were a solid performer it would only be prolonging the inevitable by a few months. That's like getting shot and making it to the hospital but are declared dead on arrival

Not really Toonami related but it's weird that Dragon Ball FighterZ has been a thing for a few months and we still don't know anything about the dub.

She's an overrated hothead who yells too much.

Not exactly toonami related but I just found that Soil & Pimp Sessions (the guys who made the Michiko & Hatchin opening) did a cover of the Lupiin the III opening, and now I can't help but imagine this being what would play if they ever crossed over.
soundcloud.com/twilight2lounge/theme-from-lupin-the-third-soilpimp-sessions

Pretty good find!

>MOAR
Be careful what you wish for.

Reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

Was it this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=1tb_ihmava8

That's pretty neat, when did adult swim start doing all these original animated bumps?

Damn good work bringing this to our attention.

That'd be it.

Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure is so bad it couldn't even get a marathon

oh shit

thats right

>Toonami is running a Samurai Jack marathon for Halloween. Yea you know, that holiday that is on a Tuesday.
They must be really pissed Samurai Jack didn't get the numbers they were hoping for, or they are trying to get every single bit of out that Season 5.

Is it atleast going to be the entire series or just Season 5? Because I doubt most people care about it that much anymore. I don't even understand why air a marathon the weekend after a holiday

Thank you Big Sales Lillin

Gonna cut my Sling subscription later this month after I realized I missed 3 Toonami nights in a row and I just don't care anymore, I don't even go to the threads to shitpost anymore. DeMarco isn't fit to revive anime in the west.

The only time it makes sense to air a Halloween marathon for Toonami is if Toonami is actually airing on Halloween Night, which it did in 2015.

Anything after that is just ridiculous.

I get the reasoning behind Thanksgiving, 4th of July, and the last two weeks of December. Hell, even Labor Day sort of makes sense since it's the unofficial end of the Summer travel season, but a Halloween marathon on any date that isn't October 31st is just ridiculous.

Halloween is a pretty big holiday, but it's not a travel holiday, so most people will be at home on the weekend. Even on Halloween Night itself, viewership would only be slightly down due to partying, since most trick-or-treating ends well before midnight and it's mostly kids who do that stuff anyway.

TL;DR Demarco is an idiot who got lucky Toonami saved the anime block on Adult Swim once. After the Samurai Jack debacle, he won't get lucky again.

Pic semi-related since it's October

I don't want them to die, but fuck them for keeping the Dub of Dragonball super hostage.

>hostage
>showing it
??

I think he means they could be simuldubbing the show at this point instead of having to wait a year or so to get to were we are right now.

he wants what he wants and he wants it now or its rape?

>these threads aren't banned yet

Can mods do ANYTHING right for the sake of this board?

The hell did you say?

Toonami is Sup Forums, user.

Aww, is s(he) gonna be okay?

>They must be really pissed Samurai Jack didn't get the numbers they were hoping for, or they are trying to get every single bit of out that Season 5.
>Airing a show you literally own forever vs airing something you don't that costs you more money
By your logic Teen Titans Go must be the biggest failure in TV history given how many times a day they fucking air it

I've been using toonami as background noise as of late, I participate in threads during some shows on the second half.
The magic is gone, and the shows are just not fun anymore.
Anyways, I rewatched the first season of space dandy with my brother, what a good show, why doesn't demarco place it on the rerun slot?

According to Demarco logic, it didn't do well on repeat showings.

>yet, he reruns GitS S2
>Dandy S2 was only shown once

Apparently they have perpetual dibs on SAC, but not for Dandy

So?

I like One Piece...

Apparently DeMarco does too since he actually aired it on Toonami.

But it was never given a proper chance on the network, choosing to continue the series from the point it went from a 4:3 to a 16:9 aspect ratio. Not a bad choice in retrospect, considering that was about where English broadcast of One Piece previously ended way back in 2008.

The short lasting rerun slot at 8:30 PM only lasted for two weeks... And those two weeks they aired a non-canon Edo period special that completely misrepresents the series for would-be fans.

Then there was the one time they aired a One Piece Marathon, consisting of a grand total of ONE canon episode. The rest of the marathon only went into the filler Lovely Land Arc.

Where you belong:
Also, Part 1 got marathoned at the end of last year.

I really want Toonami to go away. It sucks when I want my animated junk food and I get animated faggotry instead. Toonami needs to be a 2 hour block at midnight every night, I think that’s a reasonable compromise.

They skipped the end of the Skypiea arc and jumped way ahead to some filler (I think) and then the Thriller Bark arc that went on forever completely killed the hype for me. I can blame DeMarco for the jump but Toei's glacial pacing of the series is what ultimately killed OP on Toonami.

>HURR DURR TOONAMI IS FINISHED
>NO WAY A NETWORK THAT RERUNS TEEN TITANS FOR 13 HOURS WILL TOLERATE THIS ABYSMAL PERFORMANCE

Can you guys talk about something else please?

I motion that Faye Valentine has nice boobs. Your response?

This. I love One Piece, but the Anime has been on the heels of the manga for more than a decade and it shows.

Didn't they also help fund Dandy?

So is the Space Dandy movie dead in the water?

its not even going to rerun

GitS is a free rerun for Toonami, they don't have to pay for it. Dandy apparently isn't free.