What makes her better than other female heroes?

What makes her better than other female heroes?

Shes got a best and worst PR firm pushing her

She has Marvel in her name so she has that going for her!

Well for starters she's a dude

Practical outfit in a world of skimpy heroine outfits that appeal to men first.

Well written and flawed with a likable personality and interesting character traits.

Military background is great since it shows women can make it in the armed forces.

Gave the comics industry much needed lesbian representation that wasn't pandering anime garbage fetishization.

Now I'll soak in the (You)s from manbabies that think Captain Marvel is bad because she's a woman.

>I'll just pretend to be wrong about almost everything, that'll show 'em

@96115541
>Practical outfit in a world of skimpy heroine outfits that appeal to men first.
When you're a flying brick practicality is meaningless.

>Well written and flawed with a likable personality and interesting character traits.
which was wiped aways to become the mary sue she is now.

>Military background is great since it shows women can make it in the armed forces.
which means writers make her out to be "no-nonsense" character.

>Gave the comics industry much needed lesbian representation that wasn't pandering anime garbage fetishization.
DC beat marvel to the punch by making Harley gay for Ivy

You gotta work harder if you want Yous

The original superior Marvel's slutty outfit was still practical despite giving me a massive boner.
Carol's outfit is so poorly designed that it accentuates her hideous masculine body in all the wrong ways. Besides, that bitch is wearing dishwashing gloves. Fucking embarrassing.

Marketing

I'm so baffled how defensive her fans are. I ran across one and said I didn't really like Carol and she instantly blocked me. It's so weird that she's a character with no defining stories, moments, or even structural themes, yet she's pushed like she's this amazing character.

Then again, Kelly Sue's online persona was a big reason girls perked up, I guess.

Movie rights

Being a drunk who gives birth to her own rapist and gets her powers stolen by a far more popular character may not be great defining stories but they are what what she has to work with.

Absolutely fucking nothing.

Nothing. She's just a kid from Boston.

Man you're gonna love the cbr Captain Marvel thread, it's so full of "Carol da best" and they get triggered at the mere mention of someone saying they like Carol better when she was Ms Marvel or when someone dares to mention Monica or Mar-Vell.

In Marvel's eyes? She isn't a hulk, mutant, or member of the fantastic four...

Back in the day, T&A.

So you've only been around for the past few years, got cha.

>“Screw Mar-Vell. No one gives a shit about Mar-Vell. No one’s ever given a shit about Mar-Vell, and Marvel tried really frigging hard to make people care. Holy shit did they ever shill his basic ass back in the day. People complain about how much Marvel’s been trying to push Carol, but she’s just following in the tradition set by Mar-Vell. So screw that guy. Let him be, at most, a supporting character for Carol. No one needs more of Mar-Vell than that.”

cbr is a trip. they are so insecure.

Literally nothing makes her better than other female heroes. She is one of the blandest characters in existence. Feministfats only like her because of the implications of a woman being called "Captain Marvel."

This always irked me, aren't a large amount of former military some of the most laid back about things. My brother exited the navy the same way he went in, granted he had the gift o gab that got him out of a lot of situations, but still. Probably the most realistic, former military wise, is Hal Jordan.

To be fair, Mar-Vell was bland as fuck. Which makes Carol the perfect shoe-in for the Captain Marvel role, really.

Carol has potential. You can't have read Civil War II and say she's not flawed, she's flawed as fuck.

The problem is she's not likeable.

It's been the same thing when Marvel tries to push these bossy women, they come across as not likeable and non-sympathetic.

CWII was a perfect time to get Carol sympathy. He boyfriend died. Just a few character tweaks, maybe have her start drinking and feeling sorry for herself at first ...then she starts doing stupid shit.

But nope. She's of sound mind and body but completely in the wrong. That comes across like stubborn bitch, not "poor Carol."

So let's see. Mockingbird? Cheating Bitch. Medusa? Slut Bitch. Carol? Dyke Bitch.

Whenever they try this "strong/assertive" woman meme they fuck it up by making them irrational.

Absolutely nothing.

>when your rage is so superficial that you just transplant that one Mat Landis rant about Superman that got shilled everywhere a few years back and apply it to a character you dislike

>Practical outfit in a world of skimpy heroine outfits that appeal to men first.
Except Marvel has literally no skimpy outfits left except Satana & sometimes Emma Frost/Magik depending on the artist.
>and flawed
Except the crucial problem with current Carol is that she ISN'T flawed. She is meant to be a perfect inspiring Superman for Marvel.
Classic Carol had a edge to her what with the taking a Skrull into space just to watch it die. They have completely removed that aspect from her.
>Gave the comics industry much needed lesbian representation that wasn't pandering anime garbage fetishization.
But she isn't a lesbian.
Short hair doesn't make one eat pussy.
>that think Captain Marvel is bad because she's a woman.
If that was the case then I would have always disliked her, I only dislike her CURRENT incarnation.

They say she is.

The fact Marvel can use her without having to make a deal with Fox or Sony.

>The problem is she's not likeable.
Not quite true. She was cool in Bendis's Mighty Avengers.

And no she was 100% morally fucking right in Civil War 2.
You have evidence of a crime, you prevent it, PERIOD.

Mar-vell is the hottest Marvel hero. I would rape his tight little asshole to a bloody paste.

>Well written and flawed with a likable personality and interesting character traits.

Back when she was Ms. Marvel maybe, minus that whole thing about her son from the future and shit.

I've posted this probably a thousand times by now, but here goes, the problem with Carol as "Captain" Marvel is that they waiting too damn long to do it.

They waited until the whole PC fad was in top gear, and produced a shallow rebrand, when instead they should have done it in the years revolving around Dissassembled, House of M, and Civil War 1 (can't believe I actually have to stress a 1 now). She had a massive confidence boost after her time in Wanda's make believe reality, where she already was Captain Marvel, and one of the most well liked non-mutant heroes of that world, was a prominent member of multiple teams, even "leading" the Might Avengers during the initiative. She was still an actual character with real flaws, and a troubled past that shaped her into the person she had grown to be, and was trying her best to be a mentor to Arana.

But instead, they got a sudden influx of female customers due to the MCU, and realized they were strapped for prominent women they still had ALL rights to, and landed on Carol to carry the burden, so in the middle of yet another POINTLESS event they dug up Mar-Vells poor rotting corpse, and had him give her a half assed pep-talk to take up his mantle, and then what did they do? Before even giving her a solo, they crammed her into a dozen books making pointless cameos doing less to promote her new characterizing, but to simple promote her new brand, her new design, an almost completely different character itself.

Then produced a terrible solo series, with polarizing artwork, and a plot that almost completely stripped of her past, and its flaws, like her alcoholism and PTSD, while shoving it down our throats that she's the greatest thing since sliced glutin/fat free bread, while never trying to actual write a believable LIKABLE character.

And yes, I went out of my way to avoid talking about her appearance, or redesign.

Yummy bait sir, may I have some more?

Except they had no evidence.
You can't litigate this.
Unrealiable visions is not evidence.

And Carol is wildly unlikable. No matter how many kids Margaret Stohl make her the caretaker of, she fucking sucks.

Her behavior runs contrary to her image. They treat her like she's a role model, meanwhile she's a thickheaded fascist.

The running meme is that she's popular with the commoners of Earth who want to take pics of her and shit ...but why? What has she done to warrant that attention? NOTHING

That Marvel has her movie rights. That's about it.

I really enjoy that she is a total fuckup. A superheroine trainwreck whose life is one shitfest after another. She can do nothing right. And everything she touches turns to dust. It balances out the fact she is a total bitch, and even justifies it, and makes her and her stories interesting.

So when they inevitably make her a blandly competent tough airforce chick with attitude, basically female Hal Jordon, in the MCU it's going to suck. They can't and won't let the character be true to her roots when she has to (potentially) replace Captain America and play catch up with Wonder Woman.

>You can't have read Civil War II and say she's not flawed, she's flawed as fuck.

True but despite that Marvel tries to push her as perfect, even when their own writing shows otherwise. Now whether their writing is so shit that they fucked up trying to make her perfect or something else I don't know.

she doesn't belong to Fox

Even the MCU forced rebrand might've worked had they not paired it up with a stupid amnesia plot to soft retcon away all her problematic elements and file down all her edges into a smooth inoffensive role model.

This cosplayer nailed it. I mean -perfect fucking job...

marvel says she's the best

It's no fucking bait.
She didn't knowingly jail a single fucking person that they didn't catch in the act or find confirming evidence.
And even if she had kept the Lawyer over the time limit, she would still be 100% rignt.

If you care more about these non-tangible subjective "rights" over keeping people alive you are the lowest scum on the face of the earth.

She's also a character who isn't the girl version of somebody else (now that she's not Ms. Marvel that is).

You're right.

Technically they didn't jail Bruce Banner because they murdered him first.

It's a mantle, not a womantle.

Yeah I forgot to mention the part where the quality in writing in just these past few years has plummeted too.

Dark Reign, WW Hulk, and Invasion may not have been gems, but the writing back then was still a step above the rest compared to what we're dealing with now.

So she also would've had a creative team that knew what they were doing.

>who isn't the girl version of somebody else
Uh huh

So they could replace him with an Asian

>Except they had no evidence.
Once again they never perminately arrested a single person that they didn't catch in the act or find confermational evidence that whatever they were going to do was already being set in motion.

>meanwhile she's a thickheaded fascist.
No she is not and regardless there is nothing morally wrong with light fascism when it's controlled by people who 100% are doing it to keep people alive and not for power or a selfish agenda.

> The fact D*sney can use her without having to make a deal with Fox or Sony.

Fixed. Marvel can use whoever, in theory.

Call me a complete faggot but I'd actually love to see a chick like this kicking ass in a MCU movie. Punk girls who take what they want are hot.

She had nothing to do with it and Clint saw proof he was going to Hulk out.
Self defense.
>"it's not self defense when they confronted him.
Yes it sure as fuck is. Are cops not allowed to defend themselves when they go on a call & confront people?

Pretty much been answered over and over again, case closed OP.

Is her character still salvageable? Did she already reach the point of no return?

She was never good to begin with. Waifufags only liked her for her design.

>Waifufags only liked her for her design
W-what made you say that?

The creative team knew what they were doing. It's just that what they were doing was a bad idea.

Honestly, aside from pushing her to the front of events and trying to portray her as some beacon, which really doesn't fit with a character Jessica Jones gets on really well with because they share personality traits, she hasn't changed much. Marvel just needs to stop shilling her so hard and stop making all her plots be about how important and right she is, despite the fact she is a sadistic and brutal fascist.

If by 'good' you mean morally, I completely agree, and for her it worked to make her interesting in a sea of bland and boring heroes. She was in it 'to be a her' and not any great and noble reason, she said so herself some time before becoming Captain Marvel. She is a hero because she wants to prove herself. For her own sake. Not for any great and noble reason or any major personal tragedy She was at her best when she owned that.

I mean, hell, aside from the fact Jones was actually intended to be Drew, the two practically bond over which of them is a bigger fuckup in their personal lives.

If they rebooted it with Mar-Vell I might actually give it a shot. Just to see what they'd do with it. I mean it's Marvel, so chances are it'll be shit, but it COULD be good, whereas with Carol I know it won't.

Thanks for reminding how much she sucked.

That art does her no favors. People complain about she looks now?
She looks like a reptilian with that nose and the puffy lips there.

best at femdom

>Ms. Marvel can take it
What did she mean by that?

That she was about to kill a teenager

She has a practical haircut these days

screw supermodel bimbo looking thots

Yeah screw having long hair and actually looking like a woman, everyone knows that if you wanna be taken seriously in this world as a woman you have to look like a dude, or at the very least a member of the Hitler youth.

Stop using the word practical she's a bullet proof superhuman that can fly through space and shoot focused energy blasts out of her freaking fists.

To be honest, if they just said "Yeah, we want her to be our Hal Jordan." instead of "Our Wonder Woman." I think people would actually be more receptive to the idea, but at the same time they'd just complain that she's too much of a Hal rip-off and her books would tank anyway.

Why is she fighting Plastic Man?

kill count. and unlike most others, she doesn't regret any of her acts of genocide

pls make no fun of Kamala

I feel like she just needs to be put in the hands of more competent writers sjw marvel is fucking everything up rn

why do female comic "fans" always look like they stepped out of a bad nupunk band cover
that hair colour, that 1920s hair cut, enough make up to drown a rat and they are always dumpy or over weight

Her first few books were just a teenage muslim dealing with normie things aside from the superhero antics'

My only gripe is the millenial speak

>You have evidence of a crime, you prevent it, PERIOD.
But she didn't have evidence because it hadn't happened yet.

Also I love how the aliens that capture her and Mar-vell in her Generations issue tell her she came in to their planet acting like an violent idiot and they pull the whole "you might hurt us" preemptive BS she was doing in CWII and she just REEEEEEEEEEEs at them.

>needed lesbian representation
ever heard of batwoman dumbass?

>she's popular with the commoners of Earth who want to take pics of her and shit
That's literally every marvel superhero nowadays.

>Now I'll soak in the (You)s from manbabies that think Captain Marvel is bad because she's a woman.
you are a fucking idiot
nobody likes her now cause she is a terribly written character
your argument is flawed and you are a idiot

>Now I'll soak in the (You)s from manbabies that think Captain Marvel is bad because she's a woman.

The Monica fans and Judge user would beg to differ.

Carol is just shit.

Theres literally nothing wrong with what you green texted.

Genis is pretty much the only Mar-vell thats interesting, Phyla is okay.

>Yeah screw having long hair and actually looking like a woman,

you know how pathetic you sound right now? Not even reading the rest of that post of someone who thinks men have soft features, and tits and wide hips

Why you think you need to argue with me is beyond me, it's been shown that the opinions of people who don't actually buy their books don't matter to the people in charge unless they bitch about it on social media, now I'll excuse myself while you go shave half your head, and dye the rest 3 different other colors, and top it off by piercing multiple points of your face to show your rebellion against the "patriarchy"

Carol is the best!

marvel pushes her as their wonder woman because...

>she has marvel in her name
>she's not owned by FOX

...the funny part is that they could've easily pushed black widow or scarlet witch (and to a much lesser degree kamala back when she was white hot) as their answer to wonder woman.

>she's got the versatility of a wholly generic powerset
>she's not confined to street level but can function either as an Avenger or a Cosmic-level hero
>she's not tied up exclusively with teams
>despite being a legacy hero her predecessor has been dead and basically irrelevant for 30 years
>FOX doesn't own her movie rights

The only other solo female hero that could maybe give a her a run for her money is Monica Rambeau, but we all know black women as minorities don't matter, only black men and white women.

Also Monica is a nothing character compared to Carol.

So I haven't read that many comics, but Carol meant absolutely nothing when Rogue took her powers, right?

She was and is Marvel's flagship heroine.

It is easy to cast a blonde white woman for a movie or TV show.

Is that lipstick photoshopped on? The bottom lip looks crazy.

do you prefer shitskin?

Alcoholism

Agreed. Having flaws is important.
She's also addicted to killing.

Sexy butch, alcoholism, and barely repressed violent murderous urges.

I thought these cartoons were supposed to be shit?

If she hooked up with Spider-Woman she'd be perfect.

She beat up Zarda and dominated Hope at pingpong so that's canon.

Stop stereotyping manly women as lesbeans. Carol can like dick just as much as the next gal.

... But that pic is her lusting after Rogue, user.

Practically masturbation for Carol, doesn't count. Just like doing women while drunk doesn't count.

What about sleeping with a Skrull using your BFF's face?

>Skrulls
>allowed to live