What's the best place to start reading Punisher comics?

What's the best place to start reading Punisher comics?

Consult your local library.

Ennis, then Dixon, then Rucka, then Edmonson. You're welcome.

In your room or somewhere else comfy in your home

I was just thinking of making this thread

So an user recommended me this the other day, any thoughts?

In the weekly Punisher storytime threads on Sup Forums. There will be a LONG one tomorrow.

MAX is not a bad place to start, but Welcome Back Frank is a better introduction to the character. And if you want to read the 80s/90s stuff then see the post below yours.

I'm just trying to see the chronology of things, what is before the MAX run?

MAX is unrelated to the rest of the continuity.

If you want to read Punisher for "continuity" then start at the original miniseries (which should have been added to the recommendation image).

Suicide Run?

read The Tyger , then Born ,then v1 1-5, then v2 1-10 , The Cell , punisher max 1-60

Start with vol. 3 and work your way to PunisherMAX.

Are the Rucka and Edmonson runs really worth reading?

no

Ennis Punisher. Everything else is trash. Don't let these faggots say otherwise.

How were Thunderbolts vol... not sure, the one with Frank, Deadpool, Elektra and Red Hulk. How was it?

I started with MAX but while it was good it was a stupid place to start (much like All Star Superman is, which also gets suggested to every new Superman reader) and I don't get why everyone says to start with it. Try Punisher: War Journal instead.

This.

Horrible. Avoid it.

Nigger.

Fuck you, kike.

Everything MAX-related from Born to Punisher Max by ennis and Punisher Max by aaron.

>Punisher Max by aaron

fucking garbage

In the beginning.

Yes for sure. Ruckas has a woman so a lot of ppl here REEEEE at it and Edmonson's takes him out of NY

>Ruckas has a woman so a lot of ppl here REEEEE at it
I'm still amazed at the meta commentary cole-alvez (she took her husbands name) became. Here marvel is jumping through spiked flaming hoops to come up with new female characters and they drop one with a bunch of potential because she's not an obvious mary-sue.
The irony is thick.

This user gets it

Ennis Punisher is just Ennis writing about a generic mean man with guns. It's fine, but The Punisher is most interesting when he's included interacting with the larger Marvel Universe, "doing what the good guys won't," and taking vigalantism to its logical conclusion. Just read all the series chronologically, starting with the mini series, or Circle of Blood as its known. That way when you hit the Ennis run it will seem like a fresh take on a character who kind of went of the rails (which is true of most superhero comics be the late nineties).

Highlights of the early era include Chuck Dixon coked out of his mind putting Frank in schlock 80s action flick plotlines during most of War Zone. A lot of that stuff is borderline surreal and genuinely shocking in how over the top it is. Which is what makes the character so great

Why does everyone hate Aaron's Punisher Max beyond "not muh Ennis?" Its not my favorite characterization of Frank either, but its a fun and interesting take on the character.

It's not even the first time we've had a femisher. she is my favorite though

yeah max punisher is basically an unstoppable force thats justs kills everybody