More U.S. middle school students dying of suicide than car crashes

>The suicide rate among U.S. middle school students doubled from 2007 to 2014, surpassing for the first time the incidence of youngsters aged 10 to 14 who died in car crashes, a federal report released on Thursday said.

>The steady seven-year rise in middle school suicides, from an annual rate of 0.9 to 2.1 per 100,000, came as traffic deaths in the same age group declined to 1.9 per 100,000, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

>In aggregate numbers, 425 young people 10 to 14 years of age took their own lives in 2014, compared with 384 who perished in automobile accidents that year, according to the data published in CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.

>Those figures contrasted sharply with figures from 1999, when the rate of middle school students killed in car crashes, was four times higher than the rate among those who died from suicide that year.

msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/More-U.S.-middle-school-students-dying-of-suicide-than-car-crashes/ar-AAjTR0H?OCID=ansmsnnews11

What is causing it Sup Forums? Life got them down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlR-c4Smokk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they see how bleak the future is and can't bear to go on

Yeah, today's kids can get bullied at school and online. One of my younger brother s friends had to delete his FB, IG, & twitter accounts because of bullying

People are both softer skinned in general and are more sociopathic with their trolling/bullying.

Jewish propaganda

I understand the bullying problem, I really do, but these are middle schoolers. When I was in middle school I was a blissful idiot. Such thoughts never crossed my mind. What kind of hell are these kids going through where suicide becomes a valid option?

These kids aren't growing up riding bikes, building tree forts, getting hurt playing backyard football.

They are parked in front of a screen from birth to suicide. Their friends are an online list of foreigners. Their social education is to pretend to stare at a phone any time there is the tiniest bit of awkwardness or anxiety.

The toxic nature of technology burned me and did a lot of damage. These newer generations are completely hopeless. It will be much worse for them.

I certainly considered it around that age. It is usually something incredibly stupid in retrospect. For me it was failing classes and not living up to parents' expectations, and the increasing feeling of loneliness I had as I distanced myself from my friends to play stupid ass video games instead. I guess kids are just increasingly disconnected from reality or something. Mouse experiments.

I am thankful to have had a large group of friends when I was in middle school. Now that I think about it, the loneliness probably would have caused me immense pain at that age. This was before facebook and all the other internet shitstains took off. We played in the park, airsoft guns, splitscreen video games, football, etc. I took it all for granted - like this is how it's supposed to be. Just go outside and mess around, ride bikes, and do whatever until dusk.

I can't even imagine what it is like now. We here at Sup Forums constantly bash the millennials, but what about generation Z and beyond? They don't know a world without internet and an internet persona. How fucked are they?

>It is usually something incredibly stupid in retrospect.

Agreed. Parents set high educational standards for their kids and don't let them gain awareness of priorities for themselves.
School and good grades are forced to be the top occupant of their minds. The only escape from that is God-awful social media like FB, and when people bully them online it's like they have no bright spots in life. So they an hero because they sadly think it's the only way 'out'.

If kids could have an understanding of what is REALLY important in life (hint - it's not grades) suicide rates at the middle school age range would probably go down.

haha nothing wrong with our current society at all goyim keep masturbating to your anime and video games :^)

Cars are much safer and there are more kids. "Statistics"

No surprise, everyone is feeling the effects of ZOG even kids. This what happens when a society approaches collapse.

You heard the man, drive faster burger bros

All life is suffering

The Jews did this. Sick Jewish culture, Americans are occupied people. Its all very tragic

an* occupied

Common core introducing nippon-tier (((educational regimen))) has started to crush their tiny little souls.

Look forward to the first big peer-aged grammar school shooter in the coming years.

fuck that's sad

was Melania was right about the bullying?

It couldn't have anything to do with media consolidation and exposure and changing culture, could it?

It is feminism, it is killing them.

Or maybe the break down of the family and close-knit social interaction?

This.

Kids don't even know what gender they are these days. Their confused af.

I hate everyone and I legitimately want the world to end.

AMA

How have the demographics been affected differently?

Have the number of middleschool trannies doubled?

I remember reading how Gen Z (anyone born after 2000) were mostly anti-homo and wanted Trump to win, so being an emotionally unstable mentally ill tranny in a hyper conservative generation would cause more suicides.

This is one of the symptoms of a disease that our civilization has inevitably acquired late into its existence. Unless treated we may very well be subject to feel the wrath of this metaphysical disease soon.

The world is long term experiment to test out all the short term experiements that scientists have already tried out and made open source. Maybe you are referring to the Calhoun rat experiment.

Kids are more disconnected as a result of technology and bigger assholes because of it too. People online display more anti-social tendencies than in real life. Kids are exposed to over 9000 simulated murders in the media before reaching 10 years old. Technology keeps us complacent in our own little bubbles instead of finding meaning through having close social interactions.

>Sup Forums complains next generation is ruining the US
>next generation fixes itself via suicide
>Sup Forums still complains

first point is valid. second point is utterly retarded. we are talking per capita numbers here

>implying 70% of Sup Forums doesn't feel the same way

Wat they're not comparing the per capita rate of suicides between 2007 and now, they're comparing the per capita suicide vs car accident fatality rate from 2007 to the same from 2014.

Big difference.

>The steady seven-year rise in middle school suicides, from an annual rate of 0.9 to 2.1 per 100,000
If that's the kind of reading comprehension that you get after visiting an american school, I'd want to kill myself too.

>Social media, now you can enjoy bullying at your own comfort at home
>Streets are not safe
>Smart phones / tablets full of pedo, think Snapchat
>School and eventually colleges that are over-priced and overly getting more difficult to get in, while the college meme is still strong
>Mtv / cuckolodeon are increasingly more progressive

If i was 13 going into high school shortly, i would promptly kill myself

This. It's a pretty sad reality, I see the damage first hand by looking at my 12yo nephew, his brain and soul is ruined by sitting still indoors infront of a screen since he was able to walk, he enjoys nothing and has no real friendships, same goes for every kid in his class, it's the norm. He also understands nothing around him because kids aren't given the tools to examine the world with a critical mind.

Walking around outdoors, it strikes me everytime that kids aren't outside playing anymore, whether it's a wealthy or poor areas, it's completely dead, and I can't help to think what they are missing out on since the streets were alive with kids when I grew up, playing and using your own imagination as a kid is part of developing a healthy brain along with social bonding, kids today miss out on a lot of that and it strips away happyness.

Ontop of that you have an increase in divorce, the idea of a stable family has been ersed, more kids have broken families than not and the psychological effect on kids is quite devastating if you combine other aspects, along with bitterness involving their parents where the kids often get neglected when the parents bitch about eachother, they put their own importance over their kids.

Simply put, a lot of kids just feel like shit and they have no one to turn to.

This is what the 70s slump was like. 12 year Olds killing themselves with drugs and sitting in front of the boob tube.

Now you can't even go out and join a gang anymore to escape the monotony, because the ZOGbox is mobile in everybody's hands.

you know why they are killing themselves? Because it is illegal for early 20's man to talk to them or they are labeled a pedo TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN. So they have no mentors, thus no direction in life.

middle schoolers cant drive

I think younger people are more tuned in to weird shit on the internet now. Seems like the only explanation.

Why don't you take a seat

Those little white shits are realizing how evil they are due to their privilege and are just doing the world a favor.

I felt the same way, except my Mother was an alcoholic and viewed me as nothing more than a source of income via child support so she didn't have to work and instead could live her life dream of being a hero and rescuing dogs until we had over 7 in our 2 bedroom 1 floor house. So half my life was an isolated living hell while the time I spent with my Dad I always felt like I was never the son he wanted and like I would never grow up to be half the man he was. Things turned around when I finally stood up to my Mom and went to court and against all odds my Dad got full custody. It was fucked to have to go through all that shit while you go to people's houses and see they have a family that actually loves each other and talk with both their parents openly while I was hated by one and felt like an inconvience to the other. Had some badass friends to help me get through it all though, thank god.

Cars are becoming safer. Ban assault cars.

youtube.com/watch?v=KlR-c4Smokk

Bullying starts young, like elementary school

Oh shit better ban helium quick.

I'm just glad to see all whites are suiciding

all these morons blaming technology

maybe it's because they understand they'd have to go to college for at least 6 fucking years to get a degree worth a fuck or work mcdonalds for the rest of their lives and still 0 chance of a gf because they are pushing rap culture and diversity like mad in schools.

the technology is them trying to escape from the shit reality, it's not the cause of their problems.

Less stable emotionally due to broken homes caused by (((feminism))). Males also have feelings of worthlessness and self-hate, largely propagated by (((television))), teenage girls are unhappy being sluts, and the internet also has done a lot of damage in terms of keeping people from forming real relationships, developing real skills, knowledge and values, and pushing cultural Marxism.

The educational load is getting worse.

They're putting boys on mind numbing drugs.

Also, the diet is getting increasingly worse, and a proper diet is related to good mental health.

>Be 90's
>No internet to deal with
>People go outside more.
>Be 01
>Tower is kill
>"fugg"
>Everyone stays inside more often; less real world
>papa Steinberg and his motley jrew strike Zion plan.
>Spam mug feminism and unhealthy, estrogens to the silly goyim.
>goyim take it. as they are distracted by pixels and not the green.
>numales and Tumblr appear.
>Facebook appears.
>Adult goyim no longer playing and at work fall for Silverstein tricky.
>At the same time. Schlomo release zog box
Good goy

They'd have to go to college for at least 6 fucking years precisely because of technology. Diversity is a direct consequence of affluence, which in turn is a direct consequence of technology.

At least technology offers you an escape from the shit reality it created.

Kids the age of 4-5 don't get exposed to any of that, but they do get an Ipad shoved up their face where they sit until someone pulls it away. You have no understanding of the importance of brain development through imagination, creative activity and social bonding, you don't get any of that when you are spoon fed everything through a screen where your brain screams for more and more.

I had a shitty home life and was bullied at school. My only escape was talking to people around the world on the internet (this is pre-social media). Kids don't even have that now because it's just another place for them to git shit on. So people in the worst possible situation are getting fucked with in all three major social arenas of their life. What else to do?

>425

there are like 50million kids in the country btw

what do you mean by ZOG?

>Zionist Occupation Government or Zionist Occupied Government (abbreviated as ZOG) is an antisemitic conspiracy theory that holds that Jews secretly control a given country, while the formal government is a puppet regime.

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING US GOVERMENT HACKERS HACK INTO KREMLINS CONTROL SYSTEM

STOP FUCKING SLIDING THIS WE ARE LITERALLY DECLARING WW3 BEYOND THIS POINT

i was hoping somebody would mention the media. i spent a lot of time thinking last night (insomnia) and ive come to the realization that the media actively drives a wedge between people and creates the perception that their relationships are fragile

i saw this happen, for instance, in high school, when i was hanging out with a group of your stereotypical "gamer" dudes. because their friendships revolved around video games, if even one of them showed any interest in buying a new game, everybody in the group would, over the course of the week, buy that game. even if nobody really wanted to buy the game. because if even two people out of the group of 7 bought that game, the chatroom would be taken over by their conversation on the video game, and everybody else would feel left out if they didn't get the game

and i realized the same exact thing happens on TV. and in movies. and with music genre fanbases:

the media itself (the show, game, musician, etc.) is the advertisement for a certain lifestyle and the advertisements/product placements are the accessories that are supposed to go with this lifestyle

and this totalitarian method of advertising has successfully marginalized and isolated a massive proportion of the population - i think the reason why so many young ones are killing themselves is because they aren't as emotionally equipped to handle it, coupled with the facts that their parents are probably themselves isolated

These are not preteen cuties right?

Just fuglies?

Could it have anything to do with this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_missing_out

This is why I sat alone at lunch.

[spoiler] As I lie to myself crying. [/spoiler]

Nasty fucking kike if I find you I'll shoot myself and then you

Can you blame them? They see how fucked the world is going to be for them.