Superman #33 Storytime

Back in Action Comics #972 (See "Men of Steel"), Superman made a vow to stop Lex Luthor should he ever turn his back on Earth as ruler of Apokolips.

It's time for Apokolips to put that promise to the test.

"Imperious Lex" begins NOW.

Not often you see a literal kid bloody on a cover.

Really? Another damn Justice League?

Given that baby Darkseid seems to be growing up over in Wonder Woman, it seems Luthor's window of opportunity for replacing him is going to close soon.

I'll miss this.

Bruce is going to be jelly

This dialogue between Superman and Lex is really hokey.

Will this be the end of our boy Justice Lex?

>Luthor doesn't know of Jon's Existence
Supersons? Didn't they met?

This, there whole exchange sounded off. Supes sounded more like nightwing.

Jon watching kino at such a young age gives me high hopes for when he grows up.

>Wait a minute, you aren't the real Justice League
>I can tell, Flash gives it away

good taste Jon.

Batman: Green Lanterns: Injustice: Support your local comic shop.

thank you OP

Jon didn't tell him about that.

And Damian told Jon to pray that he never steps foot in Apokolips.

And here he is.

and now their bond grows deeper from sharing trauma

Wow it only just dawned on me that they delayed this arc to tie in with the JL movie

One might say it just dawned of justice on you that they delayed it.

Is it just me or is Jon's head massive looking there?

based

PLEASE KEEP THIS THE NEW STATUS QUO

Lois gonna get got by Granny.

>tfw next issue has Big Barda with the furies, having been completely brainwashed and mind-broken in to being loyal to Darkseid

>Oh, no! Impostor Powerpuffs? What a drag!

>tfw you don't need 40 cakes because you are friends with Superman

Lois is hot as usual

My first thought when i saw that.

they gonna turn Lois into a Fury?

This bothers me because granny goodness died in the new Mr miracle comic last issue

my fave panel moment of the month

>Highfather still alive in Hal n' Pals
>Orion isn't an insufferable prick in Hal n' Pals
>Big Barda back with Scott despite having left him to rejoin the furies in Darkseid Wars
>Darkseid supposedly still around despite having been turned in to a baby at the end of Darkseid Wars

It's pretty obvious that what's happening in Mister Miracle isn't real, boss.

Scott didn't escape death.

That's right. He escaped life

Why was Supes so negative? Surely the bots meant it was important.

It's pretty obvious that whatever is going on in MM isn't actual reality.
It's either omega sanction or some sort of weird afterlife.

You fucking dicks.
You could've done that without destroying public property.

Does that mean granny goodness didn't actually read Scott christmas stories about the Holocaust? This makes me sad

My guess is that whatever's influencing Scott is taking his memories and twisting/exaggerating them in a way to break him down gradually.

>Oberon and Highfather, two figures who were most likely to offer some stability in Scott, are dead out the gate
>Orion, usually just a bit of a dick, is now a power-hungry madman, with Lightray his sycophantic servant
>Granny Goodness is the bizarre, abusive motherly figure that he recalls her as in his childhood
>Big Barda is the most like her normal self, which is ironic since she is most overtly a fake out of all of them

My guess is that it's all an intentional ploy to break Scott down completely. Going by solicits, I bet that Barda will be the last person to turn on Scott in issue 6, and that's when he'll really start going crazy.

Bottom left panel looks like two diffrent people fused together.

Like Composite Superman in civvies.

The way this inker inks people's gums makes it look like they're all using snuff...

>Brave and the Bald

Damnit Lex, you could have at least just have the machines say that its an emergency and/or you are incapacitated. This kind of misunderstandings is what breaks up teams and turned reformed villains back on their dark path.

We all will.

those fucking faces though

What? That's fucked up Clark.

Surely, Lex Luthor put two and two together?

Anyway, the cats otu of the bag with this story.

Autobots? What about the Decepticons?

ok cover

not really digging this cover

REALLY?

art is decently solid

So Lex has robots that can detect Kryptonians huh? So at any given time he can find out Supes' identity, so why doesn't he? Pride? Ego?

What movie is he talking about?

Not to mention he turned himself into the boy who cried wolf by constantly using his panic button to call him over.

what the fuck

Thanks, OP.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Well, this Superman IS a fusion of Superdad and Superbro. A superbrad, if you will.

It's fucking stupid, yet another shitty hallmark of the worst era of DC. Thank You Geoff Johns.

bumping for others

Miss what?

Usually he doesn't want to acknowledge that a being like Superman would want to have a secret identity, it ruins his personal narrative.

Doomsday Clock is getting rid of SuperLex.

Right right, that Annual of Grayson showed it well and when Superbro got depowered and his ID got revealed. Something about god doesn't need a mask or something right?

Something like that, yeah. Lex doesn't believe that a being with so much power would hide it and pretend to be a man because he would never do that if he had that power, basically.

Well I get it I mean, Lex doesn't want to believe his arch-enemy plays mortal and Lex does have the ego hence why he doesn't wear a helmet.

Is stompa still alive in this continuity?

Where were you when Superman commited murder against our fellow people of Cybertron?

Glad the filler arcs are over. I continue to enjoy Tomasi's run, Sup Forums can suck a dick. It sucks Lex will probably go evil after this.

Tomasi's writing the best Supes at the moment, he just made a misstep with the "walls of text about history" two-parter.

New M.Wallpaper

Underrated post

MAN OF MURDER!

You have shit taste.

I'm fully expecting Adult Shilo to appear in the latter half of the series in a force ghost mentor kind of deal to help Scott rebuild himself.

One might say that, but one might also say your pun kinda sucked

I thought Kalibak was kilt in the Darkseid war?

I seriously love them as friends.

Good show