We get a Metroid cartoon

>We get a Metroid cartoon

>its an adaption of the Other M game

how do you feel?

What rating does it get?

There are worse concepts for a Metroid cartoon.

Well I don't know much about Metroid so I wouldn't know which games even had enough story to adapt besides Other M.

That this is a video game thread on Sup Forums.

TV-PG/TV-14

Why can't Metroid crawl?

THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY
THE BABY
>THE BABY

I suffered The Killing Joke animated. I can suffer through this.

Other M would work if the adaptation acknowledges that Adam is a shit and treats it as some sort of character development for Samus to move past him. It wouldn't be any less generic than canon but it'd be a little more interesting.

If you go a Samurai Jack route and expand on bosses that just die casually, basically any of them.

Samurai Jack is a terrible way to adapt Metroid.

Cut 80% of "Baby" references. Rename "Bottle Ship." Just call the distress signal a distress signal, not "Baby's cry."

No Authorization system. Have Samus jury-rig equipment from the station to get equipment she needs. She's smart and adaptable, let her show it.

No Deleter. He ultimately had little purpose in the end. Just have the Federation troops killed by the stronger monsters or even Ridley's young forms, giving Samus a reason to pursue the killers besides "they happen to be in my way." As for the Metroid breeding program, just lock the area behind security that no one SHOULD be able to access, like in Fusion. The whole "cover up" operation was just lame.

No crybaby Samus. Give Samus a brief moment of shock when Ridley reveals himself, which he takes advantage of for a sucker punch, but after that she's back in focus.

No Ice-Immune-Metroid stupidity. It didn't lead anywhere and was just done to make the Federation-bred Metroids seem like more of a threat than the ones in Fusion. It had no real impact in the game's story, so just make it a regular ol' Metroid breeding program.

As a consequence, have more Metroids. Do some fanwanking, show us Samus fighting a Zeta Metroid (based on their new design in Samus Returns) and maybe even an Omega. Show the viewer that the Metroid breeding program is a terrifying success.

I mean having a lot of emphasis on quiet moments and action scenes. Is that not a good way to adapt Metroid, which is 80% quiet moments and action scenes?

What Metroid games are you playing?

If we are talking word for word scene for scene then fuck that, but if its based off of it but with a lot of changes here and there it could work.

>how do you feel?

The idea gives me the same gut reaction the upcoming MM cartoon does - that whoever's doing it is handcuffed and/or out of their depth entirely. In practice within hours of it hitting Netflix there'd probably be 15 threads amounting to GET IN THE VARIA SUIT, WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB

I'd rather late-80s/early 90s comic book aesthetic myself. Or whatever style Super and Fusion's cutscenes are meant to convey.

Metroid is better off being cartoony, but cartoony in a simplified, but proportionate way. Realism looks too off but angular/cutout looking visuals and character designs would feel too artsy-fartsy.

No. Samus is a contractor. She doesn't go on missions because she wants to or because she's finding herself. She's a hired gun with principles. You can't have quiet, quiet leaves no room for characterization and the fact "Bounty Hunting" is how she makes her living.

Why can a bounty hunter not have quiet scenes? I'm not saying SILENT, I'm saying quiet.

It could work.

> The Bottle Ship is city sized and so Adam brought an entire military company for search, rescue and investigation rather than a platoon.
> Adam is intelligent and only asks her to deactivate dangerous things like Power Bombs, Screwattack, Plasma beam, Wave beam and Speed Booster as they may end up killing any survivors on accident.
> The Deleter subplot gets more focus as there are more targets to "accidentally" kill.
> Samus would be quiet at the start with most of her dialog being mental soliloquies and terse statements. As series goes on she opens up a bit more to the platoon she gets assigned to work with.

>No crybaby Samus. Give Samus a brief moment of shock when Ridley reveals himself, which he takes advantage of for a sucker punch, but after that she's back in focus.

I'd have that fight be at base camp. Samus has exited her armor and is relaxing after a hard days work with her hair down. Ridley launches as surprise attack tackling the unarmored Samus and swatting her armor a fair distance away. Its only when Higgs arrives and starts shooting Ridley that she finally has a chance to get back to her armor and turn things around. She would then scream, "Why... why won't you die, and STAY DEAD!" before killing Ridley again.

>No Ice-Immune-Metroid stupidity. It didn't lead anywhere and was just done to make the Federation-bred Metroids seem like more of a threat than the ones in Fusion. It had no real impact in the game's story, so just make it a regular ol' Metroid breeding program.

The fact that they managed to recreate true breeding metroids that could evolve was supposed to be a big deal in Fusion.