All-new Guardians of the Galaxy #12 Storytime

The Guardians return to Earth to see if they can find any leads on the location of the Infinity Whatsits, and they pick-up a stowaway along the way!

Who could this new member of the Guardians be, I wonder?! Good thing Marvel didn't spoil it months ago!

Other urls found in this thread:

dafont.com/theme.php?cat=102&page=1&text=I HATE EARTH
dafont.com/comic-book.font?text=SYNERGY.&back=theme
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Phyla!

PAGING JUDGE user. WE HAVE A PHYLA SIGHTING.

I REPEAT: WE HAVE A PHYLA SIGHTING!

So there's a reality where we still have tje DnA Guardians? Nice.

>>>>>PHYLA

It's the pre-Secret Wars Marvel universe

>who knows what her power will be?

Wait...is the Strife in Deadpool's book actually Loki?

Nah they said this was other realities, and they never hunted for "stones" at that point.

No, this was Loki turning into Cable so they wouldn't meet with him.

>Phyla
>DnA era Star-Lord
>Jack Flag
>TWO Jack Flags
>Moondragon in her cool legless Guardians uniform
>IT'S PHYLA BAYBEH
This spread is fucking fanservice central.

I know. I was just thinking that he'd probably go the extra mile to get Cable bumped off.

Looks like an artist does not know their Nova ranks

>Cross helmet
>three dots

This is a new nova corp, made up of goobers who don't really know how the old nova corps worked and without the worldmind or nova force to help them.

since when do these two know each other?

He probably doesn't know Cable specifically, he met some of the X-Men in Black Vortex, and probably just went to the mansion to find a mutant to talk to, since he knows Kitty.

I love everything about this page.

The only way it could have been better would be if Agent Venom had been on one of the teams.

I would have taken Kitty-Lord out and replace her with him.

Also noticed Gamora wasn't in anybof the other teams.

PHYLLAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, I think Gamora is accidentally going to betray them all by leading them to the soul stone, and that's why Moondragon is saying "Why is she with you?"

Who's the guy in the background of the top right panel?

Yeah, that and Strange's warning in this issue make it pretty obvious Soul Stone Gamora is going to be a villain.

Jack Flag in his first costume IIRC.

PHYLA
H
Y
L
A
And everyone else on this page is pretty cool too I guess

It's the new Corp. Rich can make up whatever rank/design he wants for them.

I don't think Rich is directly affiliated with them, but instead just offers them assistance from time to time.

Well they do technically have the Nova Force to help them. It's just limited to two members.

Last issue seems to imply he's still the Nova Prime.Just not as directly involved.
Still betting Nova will join the Guardians after this storyline ends.

He said he was doing them a favor by helping out, and they called him just Nova instead of something that would imply rank over them. So, I think he's on his own again, or at least I hope so.
I think Nova should always work on his own and only call in help when he desperately needs it.

I laughed

What font did you use?

in case you ever want to do similar, this was my process:

I went to dafont and typed the original phrase that was written,
> dafont.com/theme.php?cat=102&page=1&text=I HATE EARTH found a similar-looking-enough font,
> dafont.com/comic-book.font?text=SYNERGY.&back=theme
screenshotted the preview text rather than bother downloading it, then adjusted the skew & added some weight to it in photoshop to make it match better

not a perfect match but good enough for a meme

Maybe she's an alternate universe Gamora.

tony confirmed loser of Civil War

IT'S MUH GUARDIANS

More than that, Duggan's said they have Nova Force users who are equivalent to SWAT.

So just like the old Nova Corps, which also had powered and non-powered members.

PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA PHYLA

>I hate space stuff
I miss you Jack Flag

this book continues to impress

I'm willing to write off the continuity errors as differences in the new universe

>Phyla
>not-Scrappy-Groot
>Guardians' based uniforms
All universes look better than the Marvel Synerverse

>DnA killed Phyla
>DnA took away Groot's voice
>costumes in ANGOTG are actually pretty good, reference their classic outfits, and fit their characters (except maybe Gamora's who's is just bland)
But yeah synergy amirite?

Was any of this actually necessary?

Fanservice is always necessary.

>copying Tom King
wew

>Tom King invented the 9-panel grid
wew

> epic ALCOHOLIC facial hair bros

jesus fucking christ just go back to.reddit9k and quit pretending you know shit about comic books

Currently working on doing what I can with this pic
Kinda difficult since I have to replace a bunch of figures like Phyla, Yondu, Jack Flag, Bug, and more, but still.

Have pic related for now

I really like Dr.Strange and Man-thing forming a team, I dont care about GotG though.

kawaii as fug user

i posted this on the win-o but realized that it was still fucking wednesday, but:
>in honor of the latest spread from GotG
>could someone post trade rips of DnA cosmic marvel stuff pls?
could anyone here handle this? or should i wait till the weekend and ask again?

Just go to readcomiconline or something

>Heh, what's wrong white boy, can't handle a strong independent woman?

>Doctor Strange is misogynist threads

Ah, C'mon, Gerry, you're better than this even if worse writers than you keep pushing that.

So I did the sensible thing and basically ignored Secret Empire.

Did they really make Scott Lang a Hydra Mook? What happened with Cassie? Is she still Stinger, in limbo?

So, is Rich talking to the alternate version of his best friend with Cap's shield, or what?

Or, just going out on a limb here, Moondragon is a moody territorial bitch a lot of the time.

I think he probably hates political stuff more at this point.

Space never fatally threw him out of a helicopter.

Great picture user.

Also, I see you removed the McNiven gauntlets from Drax's wrists. What's that you're using in their place?

>who will be the next member of the guardians of the galaxy
Yeah, I wonder who will be maybe the guy already featured in the previews of future issues!

>b-but normalfags don't read those
They neither do this book.

BRAVO DUGGAN!

>using a censored swear when flark is the kid friendly space word for fuck

He betrayed them since Hydra was holding Cassie hostage. Ended up being the one who saved the day getting Bucky inside the Cosmic Cube to yank Cap out.

Fuck you, Duggan. You can't keep throwing this nostalgia bait every issue and do nothing with it.

Oh well, it was decent this time.

DnA did that too desu

Alright, did it. Had to make some replacements, but I hope most of the rest get figures sooner or later.
He still has the gauntlets, I can just switch his hands. He came with silver hands and smaller green ones.

Bretty good job!
>that BAF Mantis
I feel your pain bruh.

I'm mostly just upset she was the BAF, I only actually wanted Warlock otherwise.

Here's hoping she gets a DnA figure when the third movie comes out.

Yeah, they're really running out of DnA era Guardians. So sooner or later...

Normally I would hate the idea of DP as part of GoTG, but I trust Duggan with him so this is cool with me.

It's great that Duggan is trying so hard to bring back that classic cosmic spirit.

It's too bad this book is selling like shit and will be canceled before he can do anything with it, though.

Duggan my boy, you really really care, don't you?

You forgot even some proper Rocket and Groot

This

sounds like what happened to Ewing's Ultimates

And Nova

I still blame Marvel for it

Wasnt bendis also selling shit? No way they are gonna cancel a flag ship book.