What's Sup Forums's opinion of NATO?

What's Sup Forums's opinion of NATO?

Fugg

Army of traitors

Based af
pic for you

Hindrance to preventing the EU communist take over.

tips banana

amazing and unstoppable and unbeatable fighting force of white knights and heros. All germanics + friends finally on one side.

Exciting days - what a time to be alive.

>holding the gas block
ishygddt

No 2%
No article 5

9.5/10 would ask for intervention again.

Would be good if:
a) If the US wasn't the only country that actually contributed.
b) It wouldn't give bigger countries political power over the smaller ones.
c) There would be a way to make sure that other members actually helped in case of war and not just send condolences and 5.56 toy ammunition.
d) I could be sure that some third world member doesn't act stupid and end up in war.
Fix those and we'll probably join.

Currently the cancer of this world.

As of now it's little more than a tool for asserting murriga's hegemony. I'm not too sure if I want to see what happens once you get rid of it though.

Don't try to fix it if it ain't broken they say

It's a tool of the ZOG

Badass mother fuckers! Ain't afraid of shit! Ready to fuck shit up if needed.

This.
NATO should have been dismantled after the fall of the USSR as promised. Now it's just a vehicle for conflict and the globalist agenda.

This

It's arguably broken though. If it weren't for it for example g*rmany would have to maintain their armed forces and invest in R&D. Instead their armed forces are somewhat falling apart, with shittons of planes and tank mothballed, melted rifles, worn out boots, and so on.

USSR should have destroyed NATO

fucking revisionist cuck Khruschev. Fuck him

But France, Canada, Spain, Germany and the UK are apart of it. When did U.S become the only major country in NATO?

Prove it

>military alliance for despotic turkish base clay and making pussy poland and baltics feel better
The sooner we dismantle it the better

In 1991.

Shut the fuck up Finland!

It's true though. After the USSR fell, most NATO countries scaled down their defence and in some cases practically shut it down completely. You didn't, so you're now the only major country in NATO.

kek

laLALAlalalALalalLALa

I can't hear you Fin-Land! llalalalalala

Sup Forums worships Putin so they'll tell you it's bad.

That's low quality posting even for an American.

NATO is a good thing. It really keeps Russia from starting wars, and i don't like wars. I don't like NATO expanding but i support it as the organisation that keeps the balance between Western powers and China-Russia-Iran.

>Chine-Russia-Iran
CSAT When?

Fake and gay. Let us get nukes and spent moneyz on a descent army instead of rapefugees and make Germany great again. Then Turkey can get fucked.

Oh and we really need to deport all of the kebabs in this country.

I'm secretly Australian

If Charlie hates it, does that mean, we have to live it?

Why do they use different size cartridges than the American military? Considering that we basically carry all the weight, they should use our cartridges.

Classic Ausposting in that case.

That's leaf-tier shit.

Exactly.

what's on the end of that gun and why is he shooting it? wont that fuck the gun up?

Don't you understand that by doing one millitary standard you are basically killing local millitary industrial complex of other NATO countries? Imagine if all NATO countries would use different standards and would have more of their own unique weapon systems. That would be fucking great. But no... NATO, everything should be almost the same.

It's a blank firing attachment.

Because what will happen is that those countries adopt 5.56 NATO, then the USA has a change of mind and adopts something completely different - costing them billions.

It has happened before and will happen again, so nations just stick to what is localy available and cheap.

Why do you use 5.56?

heretic!

DISGUSTING

Because your military is retarded. By the end of WW2 everyone agreed that full size cartridges are overkill for the average engagement, so your armed forces suggested that the arms industries should develop small arms chambered for intermediate cartridges. Said R&D was going fairly well and IIRC some prototypes were built (like the 8mm Kurtz FAL) you went full retard at the last moment and just adopted a shortened 30.06. European countries procured armaments in 7.62 NATO. Then you made the switch to 5.56 NATO, and while some european countries did adapt that calibre some didn't because all things considered it's kind of a waste of money.

Aussies are generally clever, leaves are just awful.

You're merely pretending, right?

they supported those kebab during the Bosnian war

You have a bloc of twenty-something countries, and if you want their military units act together and be interchangeable, they must use standardized weapons, ammo etc. This removes a lot of organizational hassle.

Aussies also have a tendency to shitpost from time to time. Being clever has its toll.

I think he took "hold as far up on the weapon as comfortably possible" literally.

STFU FINLAND, isn't your nationalist movement called the Ghengis Bikers or some shit?

The leadership are a gang of criminals controlled by Satanists. It's the organization that will trip 4th Hopi prophesy unless there's an intervention.

This.

Necessary evil, but do they have to be so shady? I mean they are involved in plenty war crimes.

>Ghengis Bikers
Best you could come up with? You even spelled it wrong...

Wish we could join desu its no fun being in a military that never does shit