Spider-Man unmasked. Again

bleedingcool.com/2017/10/18/stark-unmask-peter-parker-world/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day
twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/920791074347483136
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Marvel
>"Editors"

Oh boy......... here we go again, what’s gonna be the new event that will recon this?

>One More Day 2

>House of Ideas

Oh boy, I sure can't wait to see Parker's new deal with Mephisto now

CWar2, Marvel Now 2.0 , One more day 2...

time to aggressively turn off people from buying marvel. This is fucking garbage. I hope joe quasada dies of a slow heart attack. I know he has nothing to do with this but still.

>Hey guys! Remember the movie? :3

>Bendis tries to unfuck Black Cat
What if he's trying to fix OMD? He's exactly that self-absorbed. Being the man that finally undid OMD, that'd be huge!
His initial idea to use MJ could've been leading up to this. Oh my god, Bendis is playing 5-dimensional chess!

Or that, could've been that.

i know youre delusional, but still giving bendis way too much credit here

Marvel needs to be burned to the ground

probably just a fake out to help draw more attention to the book, basicly a "hey guys something major is going to happen i swear, please buy my book". its all about driving more sales to ironheart

I need something. Why are you taking this away from me? This is all I've got!

>probably just a fake out to help draw more attention to the book
>Implying Bendis actually plans shit out.
This is at best an error to help get brownie points by referencing the movies.

Wasn't the whole point of the spell that the second you figure it out again you remember everything? So everyone is going to remember they knew last time and figure out that he did something to fuck with all their minds and hate him even more right?

>We didn't expose Spider-Man. Tony is talking to Peter Parker at the Halloween party!

truly they'll never learn

Does Quesada even do anything anymore? I figured that he was just sitting in an office nowadays collecting checks?

The spell stopped being a thing a while ago.

Knowing Marvel and their editors, I'll just assume they used old art for Iron Man and forgot to double-check.

Something so big as unmasking Spidey should have come up on the solicits, right?

Dear god no.

I think it's more likely that this is just some background panel that Bendis didn't think through and the editor missed.

Quesada hasn't been EIC in like six years. He generally oversees other departments. Alonso is the EIC.

Also, Brevoort is the main editor for this issue and he was the one who pointed out glaring errors to Millar and Bendis' events to fix. I don't know if he gave up at this point or Bendis made too many damn errors for Brevoort to catch, but this ain't good.

InB4 "It'll be fixed in the trade."

All understud from that article is that normies are realizing Bendis dosen't know or cares about continiuty

>The spell stopped being a thing a while ago.

I thought you were wrong so I looked it up and lmao this is retarded and so much worse than "mephisto did it"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day
> In 2010, Quesada wrote a sequel storyline, "One Moment in Time". This story established that the only actual change Mephisto wrought upon the timeline was allowing a criminal to escape custody, causing a butterfly effect that prevented Peter and Mary-Jane's marriage as Peter was delayed in reaching the wedding, prompting Peter and MJ to reconsider marriage.[30] The storyline also established that May was saved by Doctor Strange, despite Strange saying during "One More Day" that it was beyond his power to save her, who also worked with Iron Man and Mister Fantastic to create a mass mind-wipe across the globe to protect Peter's identity, using the Extremis as a dispersal system to simultaneously erase Spider-Man's identity and establish a 'psychic blindspot' that prevents anyone from realising that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, regardless of the evidence they might discover, unless Peter is unmasked in front of them (although this 'blindspot' was lost during the events of Spider-Island, due to Peter's public use of his powers while unmasked claiming that he was just one of many people infected with a virus that gave them Spider-Man's powers, Strange noting that this loophole means that people can now deduce Peter's identity even if they won't remember Peter's prior unmasking).

>I'll just assume they used old art for Iron Man

Doubt it, the art looks similar to the rest of the book.

>One More Day 2: Two More Days

>Okay, I'll make everyone forget you're Spider-Man again, and I'll make it so you and MJ have always been married, but in exchange, I'm killing your Aunt May

>those pages of pete and the FF

It hurts.

>One More Day 2: The Day After One More Day

>"Joe Quesada was asked if the Ultimate Universe and the Main Marvel Universe would ever cross over and he replied no. Quesada said he'd rather close down one universe than have them cross over because it meant they were officially out of ideas."

I just can't believe Bendis would specify this on his draft and I don't think the artist would be that cheeky to do so on his own. But you are right.

Yeah, Spidey retcons are notoriously for being way too stupid.

>house of ideas

One More Day: Hang On Just A Sec

Go outside.
Get a man's haircut.
Keep that beard shaped and trimmed.
Dress like an adult.
Wear a nice cologne.

And go talk to a girl.

Secret Wars was a good event though.

le sigh

I don't wanna!

So mary jane still knows that Peter is Spiderman right?
Then why does she treat him like shit?

but look what came immediately after it.

So what was the point? Its just, THERE. Was it a poor attempt at a Civil War reference or...?

how would this not be the greatest asspull of all times

how the fuck does something like that even get in there? i literally cannot comprehend a scenario where that got in there unnoticed

He has always has been pretty thoroughly against retconning the Spidey-marriage, but I think this' just him being an idiot.

Peter and Tony are besties in the MCU brah

You mean Carnage, Vision, Hyperion, Swuadron Supreme, Avengers Standoff and Spider-Man and Deadpool?

That still doesnt make any fucking sense, user

Because Mephisto.
That is literally the only in-universe reason.

Because Dan Slott hates her and wants everyone else to hate her too.

This was written by a man who killed Rhodey because he saw him fall out of the sky in a Civil War trailer. He will do anything to try to score good-boy points with Disney and pander hard (and still never got a "thank you" in the GotG credits)

Right but it doesn't make sense on panel either. They're not good buddies currently, and to my knowledge no one remembers that reveal from the first Civil War

>talking to girls
>2017
Lmao, no thanks. Last thing I want is to get yelled at for support ing Trump

So you mean to tell me that Peter selling his marriage was for FUCKING NOTHING?!?

Ya know, Quesadilla had some art stolen recently and people on social media were making references to deals with the devil and various other OMD remarks, maybe he's calling in some favors from Al and is trying to undo them as a means of recovering his art?

Doubtful, but still fun to think about

Don't forget the original Spider-Men.

Quesada will allow Amazing Spider-Man to reach cancellation numbers, then kill Peter off and replace him with Miles Morales, have him show up at Peter's funeral, have every one of Peter's supporting cast say how much better Miles is as Spider-Man as him, then top it off with Gwen Stacy coming back from the dead and giving him a blowjob while MJ rims him in front of Peter's grave, before he'd admit OMD was a mistake.

What will he sell to the devil this time?

Tony's soul.

Did Q like Miles at all, because your post describes Bendis pretty well

Someone sold MARVEL'S fucking soul.

Everything except Aunt May is up for sale.

It is canon that Peter Parker works with spider-man?

I will not be surprised that peter parker is wearing a spider-man costume with tony stark.

Bendis is actually a marriage fag, so his ideal scenario would probably be married Peter dying in MJ's arms while telling Miles he was a better Spider-Man.

>That’s unless Brian Bendis decides that they don’t. For, you know… reasons.
This is what will happen. Bendis and all of Marvel will ignore it.

his powers so miles can be the real spiderman

Wait...didn't Pete have a deal so that whoever he revealed his face to would remember him before he remasked? Wouldn't this make most of New York remember all the shit that went down with him?

what the living fuck i am seeing? why is everyone there in the comic like happy?! Why would they reveal spiderman identidy again?! what the fuck even the new stupid girl is involved?! what is the deal with MJ?! this doesn't make any sense, i understand marvel wants to remake all these shitty events, but for the love of god! who in its right mind has this idea!? who is to blame?! Bendis, you dude need to get the fuck out of here since fuckin year one! and take all those shitty people involved on this!!! Marvel you are shitty! BUT THIS BEYOND SHITTY! YOU HAVE GONE PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN YEARS AGO! BUT THIS IS A COMPLETE OFFENSE TO EVERY PERSON WHO LIKES SPIDERMAN. SO MARVEL, GROW UP A LITTLE BIT, BECAUSE I CAN SEE YOU CANT GET ANY HIGHER THAN THAT, AND STOP THIS SHIT

>Bendis
>"Continuity"

Was he the Marvel guy that wen asked if the Ultimate and 616 could crossover/fight said something like "No, we're not DC". Or was that someone else?

>Two More Days

>Would you make Carol Danvers Marvel's Wonder Woman?
>No, we want a character who actually sells.

oh shit Marvel what're you doing

again

>unmasked AGAIN
>but Quesadilla will never allow OMD to be retconned or undone in any way

Just make RYV canon in 616, you fuckers

I hope Felicia sees that

With all the bullcrap Peter has gone through Im surprised they havent made him lose his fucking shit and gone full Spider-anger.

At least reeree is involved, that makes it a little better

Christ.

You know that could very well happen to you in here, right?

You can talk to boys like me, user.

This is... Damn...

Quesada hasn't been EiC in years. Why the fuck do people keep blaming him for shit?

user, if you were a girl married to a super hero, having to spend years watching him almost die, burning candles on both ends worried that he might not come back alive from a mission with his team, and even so, you love and support him through all of it, and his way of thanking you for all of that was selling your whole marriage and the soul of your future child to the devil to save his decrepit ass aunt, you'd be pretty pissed at him too.

Quesada's still Chief Creative Officer, and Alonso is pretty much just Quesada lite, so it's still easy to blame him for a lot.

I don't think he's fully to blame, Slott's honestly done far more damage to Peter's character in his run than Quesada ever did with OMD, but Quesada pretty much laid the ground-work for the ruination.

If Mephisto needed a price to cast the spell why couldn't it have been Riri being killed by cop in a traffic stop before she built Ironheart?

He thought she was reaching for something and shot her in the chest. The officer was later found not guilty because of his body-cam footage and his testimony he felt his life was in danger.

Now I want to read a mini about Mary Jane storming hell to save her marriage and daughter from Mephisto, call "Hell hath no fury..." or something.

>Editors don't do their job.. again.
Marvel, I could be a better editor than these hacks.

Ever notice how it's only Bendis' comics that the editors seem to just ignore, I mean, in CW2 there was a page where Whor flies off with Miles, next page she's gathered up with everyone while Strange magics them away, followed by a page where she is flying away with Miles. I think editors just ignore Bendis at this point, they know he's going to produce garbage, so they don't even bother putting any effort into it.

>And go talk to a girl.
Ewwwww.

It's funny because Carol is neither a good Wonder Woman equal nor a character who sells

I still can't believe how badly that qoute came back to bite them in the ass. It's amazing.

You got a point. Personally, I think that Bendis throws so many shit fits, and is so notorious for completely disregarding continuity (even in his OWN TITLES), that they just give him carte blanche. They can't be arsed neither with fixing up all his glaring mistakes, nor can they stand dealing with his response whenever they point out an error and he starts weeping about it.

>still reading spider-man after Superior

They literally can't top Spock, so why even bother?

Bendis didn't do anything wrong, we are the ones who are stupid:
twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/920791074347483136
>Looks like a Picture from a kick ass costume party for rich people

That's from the latest Iron Man comic, user.

It's going to be to erase the RYV universe

This is from Iron Man but that being said I hope Hydra SpOck actually amounts to something good. He was best boy

Embarrassing. But the expected response from a Marvel employee.