Is Kenny the worst person in Walking Dead canon...

Is Kenny the worst person in Walking Dead canon? And this is Sup Forums relevant because the Tell Tale games are canon with the comics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vGl12Sv9SNs?t=4m44s
youtube.com/watch?v=AdsxQh6g2vs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>implying Kenny is the worst when people like David and Jane exist in the same series as him

Sup Forums is full of Kenny cocksuckers, OP. I don't get it honestly, I hated him even before we were locked in the cellar.

>Kenny
>worst person

So which let's player did you watch, OP? It's pretty obvious you haven't read the comics or even play the "game for yourself.

No matter what you think of Kenny, Jane, Mike, and the redheaded cunt will always be worse.

This. Kenny is a raging fucking retard but when people who have single digit IQs exist in the same universe it's hard for him to be the worst.

Tbfp

>Kenny
>worst person

>the completely broken person who isolates Clem from everyone else and whose actions lead to the unavoidable deaths of more than a few people, the person who is most analogous to a drowning person who will bring you down with them if you try to help them, is better than Jane, who is selfish, but is also a born survivor and Clem’s best chance at actually reaching adulthood

>born survivor
>necks herself when she finds out she's pregnant

Yeah REAL survivor that Jane.

Jane is a babykiller

this might be selective memory or just the fact that these letsplayers i enjoy fucking chose jane because they are blatant misandrists, but I don't remember him doing anything wrong except getting mad when he shouldn't have
then his family died and.. that was kind of the end of any kenny problems.

Old anime?

>Trash talks best game character
>Not Madison or Rick from the terrible shows
The fuck what you say boy.

Show Rick has been redeemed by the showrunners bringing him more in line with comics Rick.

Kenny is a fucking hero, you faggot.

And yet I still want Neegan to pop that bat up his ass and twist, and have Carol take over. Or better yet Neegan.

TV-onlyfag though so what do I know.

He's an entertaining character and one that's really easy to sympathize with, but it's probably accurate to call him terrible. He's not poorly written or a bad addition to the story at all, but he's not someone you'd want to actually be stuck in an apocalypse with despite how physically capable he is. He's someone you want to get along with, but his binary thinking and anger issues cause so much awful shit to happen. He is stubbornly, angrily, violently stupid and there's not a lot anyone can do to fix that.

Plus we're sticking with the comic's canon.

Jane is a Janekiler

Jane leaves a baby in a car during a blizzard just to prove a point that Kenny is insane. She even eggs him on during the ride to Wellington by commenting on his family and his second dead wife.

The rest of the group paints Kenny as the evil one because he assaults Arvo, the person who brings his gang to ambush you and will always claim you stole from him no matter what choice you made. Everyone in the group forgave Arvo for nearly killing them all and Mike even leaves with him because he wants to fuck his Russian twink ass probably. Then Bonnie will blame you for not saving Luke even if she got him killed by walking on ice.

The game is full of bullshit and maybe there would have been something going for them if the writers weren't so shit.

He was abusive and manipulating.
The whole group had to walk on eggshells around him.
He took his anger out on Clem when it wasn't her fault.

Nah, most of the comics readers actively want Negan to take over for Rick too, so you’re where the rest of us are.

Kenny CONSTANTLY was making dumb decisions that got other people killed. The shootout at the ski lodge, all the retarded shit he tried to pull at Carver's camp ( Literally knocking himself out in the van on the way over ),Only thing he really succeeded at was getting his eye beaten out. Then when his girl dies he goes full edgemode and stays behind to protect the group, but only kills one zombie and beats it like an autist, the zombies that he could have killed then chase him back to the others where they proceed to kill a little girl. Then he takes his anger out on a cripple that is group previously tried to rob, beating him and forcing him to sit away from the fire at night. Since he's a fuckin retard he also decides to sit away from the fire WITH A FUCKING BABY and mopes because Clem decided to have a well deserved drink. He continues his trend of cruelty later at the cabin when he handcuffs a crippled boy to a handrail and beats him unconscious because there was no babyfood in the cabin.

He's a cruel, shortsighted hick and his popularity comes mainly from Jane being almost as bad as he his, and Jane wasn't memed into popularity, and didn't appear in season 1

I think that about covers it.

Absolutely right. Kenny isn’t poorly written, he’s very well written. He’s believable. If you’ve seen the shit he’s seen and been through it all, would you be different? That’s something the game wants you to think about and consider. Kenny’s tragic circumstances ruined him as a person. Clem is struggling to find normalcy in the second episode and he’s the only thing that even resembles normalcy because she’s known him longer than a few days. And he gloms onto Clem because of what happened to Duck. She wants him to be her father figure and he wants the same thing.

Unfortunately, tragically, his experiences have made it so that he can’t cope with his life and be around other people. His frenzied desire to keep Clem safe have altered his viewpoint such that he’s totally lost perspective and can’t see the bigger picture anymore. He’s supposed to suggest that any one of us can go down the dark road he has, since he really did used to be a good person. But what’s happened to him has fucked him in the head. Permanently. He wants to keep Clem safe and is so desperate to do so that he gets other people killed in service of that desire, and threatens her life in the process.

JUEPUTA FOREVER

No, that would be David "Put a Wrench in our relationship" Garcia

Matt literally fucking apologized for that shitshow of an LP

youtu.be/vGl12Sv9SNs?t=4m44s

Don't make assumptions cunt, you think only people who see things your way played the game? Go suck on an exhaust pipe.

Kenny was always a cowardly and petty little shit.

Not saying that he wasn’t, because he totally was a coward and an asshole in the first episode, but the trauma he experiences by the end of that episode have dialed his worst tendencies to eleven.

In the span of like three days two of his friends were murdered, he got kidnapped and enslaved, lost an eye, and then his second wife/girlfriend dies. I'd be angry too.

I'm still pissed at Luke for fucking Jane instead of doing the job he volunteered himself for. "Oh I wanted to feel normal for five minutes" Literally go fuck yourself.

>is better than Jane, who is selfish, but is also a born survivor and Clem’s best chance at actually reaching adulthood
She was until that blatant attempt of heartless manipulation at the end. I see that when it was happening and knew a person that FUCKED was not good company.

And Kenny was a fucking timebomb, so, sorry Kenny, but the baby is first: you take me there, we separate. This is my last stop, be the happiest-ish you can be out there, you poor broken shell of an asshole

>Janefags still defend this thot over bro Kenny

Your bro Kenny was as poisonous as Jane. They deserved each other

I get sick of this shit, I played the goddamn game and I hated Kenny, I never see people who defend Kenny accused of "oh you just like him because somebody else on the internet liked him first", it's completely asinine - a lot of people feel strongly about Kenny one way or another, and of those a certain cross-section made videos.

He's literally programmed in-game to default to a passive-aggressive treatment of Lee if you ever disagree with him on even the slightest of options, it's pretty plain to see why he could annoy a lot of players. Everyone says Jane is worse, but my Clem called her out on a lot of her shit in my playthrough and it didn't lead to her not helping Clem out or being a total bitch to her.

As fucked as the stunt with the baby was, he was never actually in any danger. Jane needed there to be a very big demonstration, something that couldn’t be ignored or explained away, to wake up Clem to the reality of the situation.

So, really, what we should take away from this situation is don’t teach lessons.

Let’s not forget that if Lee disagrees with Kenny ONCE, that ruins their entire relationship. You literally have to agree with everything he says or does, or he writes you off entirely.

The game I played had me try to save the guy that Duck crushed while Kenny was there to save Duck, Kenny grabbing Duck then running, leaving me and the other person to fend for ourselves. My Kenny apologized for his cowardice then later shat on me for not helping him save Duck.

Fuck Kenny

>crying baby alone in a car in a place recently so overwhelmed by a blizzard shelter had to be found while ALSO in a zombie infested area
>doing this just to prove a broken man is broken
There's no defending what Jane did there.

Dude, Clem outright refused to acknowledge just how broken Kenny was up until that point. She could see the evidence all around her but she wouldn’t put the picture together until Jane pulled that stunt. Do I agree with it? Is it something I would do? Christ no! But it worked and the only person hurt was Kenny who already got more than a few people killed by his actions.

So any good speculation on The Commonwealth or Princess? I think Princess is probably a very important person in The Commonwealth or maybe their equivalent to Jesus, she's probably making sure Michonne and co are decent enough people before letting Stephanie meet them.

And my theory as to what is going to happen next issue. We'll see Beta's face, Aaron will probably sacrifice himself for Jesus, Jesus and Beta will form some sort of alliance and he'll tell Maggie about and tell Beta how Negan is now out in the wild. Jesus will give Beta the map to Negan next time they meet. The end of this volume has Negan or Beta or both's death. Thoughts?

>As fucked as the stunt with the baby was, he was never actually in any danger.
Suuuure it wasn´t. If EVERYTING worked as she wanted, smooth.

The movement proved that she was quite capable of manipulate Clementine the dirtiest way "for her own good". That was the las straw.

I technically used Kenny as a way to get into the place, but details. I had a baby to protect and he was full woaaaa woaaaaa

>Thoughts?
I want Rick kill

>better than Jane, who is selfish, but is also a born survivor and Clem’s best chance at actually reaching adulthood

HA HA HA HA HA
youtube.com/watch?v=AdsxQh6g2vs

Gross...

Doesn't Clem only deny his brokeness as much as you the player do? What Jane did was incredibly retarded and only lead to one of them dying, I'm just glad I didn't kill Kenny.

Rick probably is going to die against The Commonwealth, entire arc will probably be him realizing he isn't a big fish in a big pond and is in fact very small, just because he can't control it or have big decisions will lead to his absolute downfall and he's going to fuck things up for a lot of people because of it.

I'm also really curious how a community of supposedly THOUSANDS went unnoticed all this time.

Do you think Carl is going to create his own harem like Negan did? Kirkman is hinting something is happening with Sophia I wonder if she will enter into a polygamous relationship with Carl and Lydia.

>Maggie's hateboner will lead her to giving best boy's info to someone that's done worse

I'll be free from this series at least

Nah, I'd go with Robert Kirkman.

CHARGEMAN KEN!!

>Hides baby to show how a man on edge would react when thinking that you killed it
>Gets pregnant after fucking a fuck-up who she doesn't bother sticking around for
>Hangs herself, leaving Clem and the same goddamn baby to fend for themselves

Kenny was a stupid asshole, but he'll never be as bad as Jane.

It seems very likely it will happen. Jesus has leverage over Beta that he can probably get him Negan's location to let him live if he gives him the location or something, Maggie was probably thinking of some plan to kill him since he's in the wilderness now and it's all coming together perfectly for them. If Maggie does go through with this route then I'm curious what kind of relationship it'll have with her and Rick, he was already fucking furious when she told him they had Gregory executed. This could probably kick off a civil war between them but if that happens it ain't looking good for Rick. William is 100% siding with Maggie, The Saviors don't fucking like Rick one bit.

Fuck no you don't. As long as you kill Duck for him, he will bend over backwards for your ass. He'll write everything else off as a disagreement.

wew

>Rick probably is going to die
I hope so, his plot armor os not worth it, not when someone like Andrea gets such a bullshit death.

I liked Kenny but since I didn't try to save his retarded son in episode 1 he hated every choice I made throughout the whole season.

That being said, he doesn't deserve to die the way he does if you save him in season 2. I feel like Clem should have a lot more guilt on her shoulders in that timeline.

>Kenny who already got more than a few people killed by his actions
Matt died because Nick was a moron, Walter and Alvin die because Carver is an asshole, Reggie dies because Carver is an ass and because Sarah can't prune berries, Carlos and Sarita die to walkers, Sarah dies because she's dumb or because Luke can't keep it in his pants, Rebecca dies because she had a bad birth in the middle of winter with no medical supplies, and Luke dies in an accident.

The only ones who die because of Kenny are Carver, probably some of the russians, and maybe Jane.

Duckkiller here, can confirm not true.

He seems to be OK with everything else if you saltlicked Asshole and use muh family as your argument. Still got to eat that "if that were Duck would you help me"?

I kept trying to save saltlick dude and still had Kenny on my side. I wonder where our decisions were different, then.

>Kills Lily dad in front of her
>Would be freaking out just as much if it was his useless son instead
I couldn't have pulled the trigger fast enough on

Only normies liked Kenny.too bad based Negan was never in the game too smash kenny's useless skull open.

Dude, people have been hoping for and predicting Rick’s death since the prison arc. I think we just need to accept that he’s the Main Character and move on.

I tried to save HershelJr, did not taake the car, DID NOT LET THE GIRL BE EATEN ALIVE (WTF KENNY!!???), did got his back at the Lennygate, feed Duck before and after, did give him comfort words, did not take from the car, did help him get over himself in the train telling him it was not his fault his kid was going to die and I dynastied Duck. I think that´s it. Oh wait, and did not drop Ben.

As far as I can see, you fail him once and he tells you the "if i were you" that you can override if you helped Duck and activate his Magical Family Powers. He´s only 100% on board with you no questions asked that that way

I don't subscribe to the "Whose worse" debate. In the end I shot Kenny.

I could not stand see him suffer anymore. Despite all his flaws and fuckups he deserved better than the hell he was forced to live in.

Him and Lee both deserved better.

>"Whose worse" debate
David Garcia
>Wrench his brother
>Hits his kid with said wrench
>Exiles a mother and steals a baby he didn´t want to medicate anyway
>Abusive jackboot piece of shit
>Fucks everything
>Makes his kid follow him in a bloodspread
>Dis-arm a surrendered woman
>Fucks everything yet again

Kenny's bad but Bonnie and Gabe are way worse

There's a bunch of things you need to do. I saved Duck at the farm, said duck wasn't bit at the gas station, fed duck at station, did CPR on the ass in the meat locker, fed the kids when Lily put Lee in charge of the rations, told him Lee was a convict, convinced Kenny to stop the train without fighting, Shot duck, had Kenny kill the kid in the attic I think, revealed the bite, asked for his help cause Clem is Lee's family and apologized about everything when the walkers trapped us in the attic.

In season 2 my Kenny said that Lee was a hell of a guy. It is possible to get everyone in season one, save Lily's dad, to like Lee.

I was on Kenny's side every time except the saltlick and he still turned on me and kept acting like I was his enemy. I honestly thought it was a bug..

Nope, did all of these in the CPR route. Still got the "if she were duck..." line.

I must admit, I was a piece of shit and saltlicked Larry because I know CPR does NOT work that way and we were fucked beyond measure

It should've been Luke vs Kenny. Telltale made me sit for 15 minutes like an autist in episode 2, deciding who to sit with.

And think about it, big brother figure (that's how Luke came off to me, desu) vs father figure. Sounds legit as fuck. Instead we got a hastily-introduced cold bitch to fight Kenny.

>I honestly thought it was a bug
Na, he´s just... welll, a hard to please guy

But I did CPR because I wanted Lily to like me, too.

It really should have. But i just begs the question...

How would it have played out? Because Kenny and Luke were, generally, on okay terms, and Luke wouldn't say shit about Kenny's dead family.

The entire cast of the season three games

>to this day there are still people who insist Kenny was wrong to saltlick Larry and CPR would totally save him from fucking cardiac arrest

>wanted Lily to like me
Doug was hotter

I figured Larry was going to turn but I did the CPR anyway because I wanted to keep Lily from losing her shit and killing everyone. And Kenny gives me shit for that, saltlicks Larry, and lo and behold, Lily ends up losing her shit and shooting Carly and stealing the RV. Great job Kenny. That really helped the group.
And then like an episode and a half later Duck gets bit and I can't immediately salt lick him because muh family. I can't even bring up the thing with Larry and the obvious parallels. Yeah, when it's your family it's different and all. but i was really soured on the fact that I didn't even have the option of pointing out the hypocrisy, especially since Kenny had spent the entire interim talking shit about me not having his back.

After the shit he pulled kenny fucking deserved it. He was ultimately so selfish his actions harmed the entire group. Jane was no better.

>there are still people who insist Kenny was wrong to saltlick Larry and CPR would totally save him from fucking cardiac arrest

He was.

No offense man but Kenny does not have the defense of knowing how CPR works. As far as he´s concerned it works hollywood style, and even then he does not want to know the risk.

Kenny, having that info, takes the decision FUCK THAT GUY NOT EVEN RISKING IT. That´s not exactly morally sound. So yes, from that point of view CPR may not have been a thing that worked but what Kenny did was not good, not even close: he did because he was scared and did not want to take the risk. Again.

No, no, I just wanted Lily to like me as a friend. I still totally ship Lee and Carley.

>I figured Larry was going to turn but I did the CPR anyway because I wanted to keep Lily from losing her shit and killing everyone
You know, I have had this chat with lots of people.

The people that thinked that CPR could save him (not that was going to, that could) choose Lily for those reasons, yet if they know CPR could do jack shit in that situation they choose Saltlick Team.

Makes sense: it´s a fucked up situation that you still want to risk for a small chance, but if you know there is zero chance you have to fold and see how the grupo goes to shit. Famned if you do...

>he was wrong even though he was right, because I assume he didn't know why he was right

I figured there was no harm in doing CPR. The worst case scenario is that it doesn't work, but then we've got what, five people able to hold down Zombie Larry and THEN salt lick him. It still sucks for Lily, but at least then we can say we tried and keep everyone from infighting.

But Kenny's just gotta stir up shit like a bullheaded jackass.

They're also foils in how Luke is somewhat charming so almost everyone forgives him almost instantly for his stupid fuck ups, but because Kenny is more crass almost everyone gives him no end of shit for his fuck ups.

Even Carver said that Luke was going to get everyone killed.

>>he was wrong even though he was right, because I assume he didn't know why he was right
>Assuming kenny knows jack shit about anything not boat-related
He cannot even check a padlock senpai

>like five people

Actually you've got two. Kenny and Lee. There's no way Lee would let Clem anywhere near zombie Larry, and Lily isn't going to help anyway.

So... either way Kenny and Lee would have had to team up.

I did CPR even though I thought it wouldn't work because I figured in setting Lee would have no idea how this zombification shit works and wouldn't be the kind of guy to give up so quickly. It would set a bad example for Clem.

>I figured there was no harm in doing CPR. The worst case scenario is that it doesn't work, but then we've got what, five people able to hold down Zombie Larry and THEN salt lick him

Two people to hold down, and that´s counting thar his daughter would be fit enough to hold or saltlick him.

Still, yes, Kenny could have managed it better. Quelle surprise

Luke had a bunch of fuckups but he wasn't actively trying to fight everybody. And if you've see even one zombie apocalypse story, you know to avoid the guys that want to fight everybody, because they're gonna get everybody killed with infighting.
Everybody sucks but you don't need to compound that with being a shit starter.

I hated Carlos more, anyway. Biggest piece of shit.

Okay yeah I just rewatched the scene. For some reason I thought Ben was in the meat locker with them. I guess he's just that forgettable.
Still, two people to hod him down. Make Lily put him out of his misery; gives her a chance to say goodbye.

I wish Lee was alive.

Are you forgetting just how fucking big Larry was? He's extremely heavy and strong, and they were locked in a small room with him in it.

Risking him turning then hoping they could take him down before he got one of them is extremely risky.

If you weren't greentexting I would've though you were talking about Jane there.

I have a hard time buying his strength as being a threat when, like everyone else in the game, he's made of gelatin when it comes time to brain him.
If a 40 pound saltlick can vaporize the top of his head then two 120~ pound guys should be able to hold in down long enough to settle things.

Your logic also rides on Lily being able to put Larry down

>Walter and Alvin die because Carver is an asshole

They died because Kenny tried to play police sniper during a hostage situation and failed miserably

And yours assumes that Larry would be have super strength the second he turned.

Zombie fingers can rip open a horse stomach... Walking Dead is weird.

daily reminder that that one faggot whose leg lee's cut would've killed him after being turned if not because of outside help. And that zombie was almost ben-tier