twitter.com/Taniel/status/794679788631826432?s=09

HOLY FUCKING SHIT LADS

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector
youtube.com/watch?v=xDZsQQ5wRBQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>some random guy's vote is more important than my vote

Why is this legal again?

Will Trump abolish the electoral college?

>tfw there are dozens of electors who will refuse to cast their vote for trump

This could spiral out of control fast.

i dont get it
how does this work

What if Republican electors start to refuse to vote for Trump?

>American (((Democracy)))

It's basically a nice way of saying that your vote is meaningless.

Holy shit we actually have a faithless elector that will refuse to vote for his designated presidential candidate because she is a cunt. We have had a bunch of weird faithless elector cases in the past but this is pretty much unprecedented.

that won't happen.

I wouldn't get too excited. For every one person like this, there's probably 5 cuck electors who'll say they won't vote Trump. Something like this happened back when Bush beat Dukakis and some lady elector who was supposed to vote for Bush voted for Dukakis. It was a big enough victory that it didn't matter, but that's not the point. The fag elector who thinks they're such a huge hero gets to write some op-ed piece in the New York Times before everyone forgets about them.

>tfw no gf

>Why is this legal again?
Putting the fate of a nation in the hand of plebes is a fast track to failure
It's called checks and balances for a reason

How many of their electors are Bern victims?

>Why is this legal again?
Because nobody amended the Constitution to fix it.

The Electoral College is a bizarre leftover from the early days of our country before we decided to embrace democracy, when only land owners could vote and the Senate was not subject to popular election.

Welcome to Act 3.

Get comfy.

There's laws against this sort of thing:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector
Though if we've learned anything in the past year, it's that the law means almost nothing if it helps Hilliarly

inb4 suicide

YESSSSS

The elector college is fine, but everyone needs to be forced to follow the popular vote in the state. Not every state has that law.

That's... not how it works.

She still needs to get 270 votes to win.

>mfw Jeb's master plan of hobnobbing the 540 electors to get them to vote for him is finally coming to fruition

SLOW AND STEADY BOYS

I have a feeling this person is full of shit. He's saying this to try to into the minds of other electoral people that it's acceptable to do this. To get them to vote against trump.

dubs say yes

Ah, the good old days, when only people who understood tariffs and trade could control them.

Wasn't there already some who are on the #NeverTrump train?

I want this to be real!

Actually no that woman didn't switch her vote to Bush. She just swapped her pres and vice president votes within the ticket as a protest against the stupidity of the college.

you fucking moron

i beg to differ!

no. there won't be any that go off course, be it for clinton or trump. trust me.

Your own link shows that a large number of states have no laws against faithless electors.

This. Everything is a lie.

I would have to agree actually. We should severely restrict voting rights to our most competent citizens. The EC as is doesn't really make a lot of sense though.

No one in the primaries did it, even with all the threats to do so.

So it's treason, then...

Kek same thing happened with Al Gore v Bush. Wouldnt be surprised if it happened as a protest non-vote again.

How long until he kills himself via 3 bullets to the back?

Remember the shenanigans with he Colorado GOP during the primaries?

Electorates don't have to vote for anyone in particular; the worst that happens is "Bad actor" laws.

Those laws are, explicitly, not allowed to change the vote that has already been cast, only punish the bad actor.

Never said that every state has them (unfortunately). Only said they exist, even if it is a 29:21 ratio.

This would much more sense if the federal government had less power

REPEAL THE 17TH!!

they should have considered that before electing that official

Inb4 committed suicide with six bullets in the head

look at the blebs voting in broad daylight. democracy at its finest.

The idea was that presumably, if she got exactly 270 and one elector fucks her, she effectively only has 269; thus if she wins 271, she effectively has 270.
I know how stupid that sounds

Colorado

State population votes and the most popular vote is meant to sway the officials of that states electoral college to pick that candidate BUT in some states the college doesnt have to listen to their population or do hear them but pick for themselves
Look at Washington State as an example, out of all the counties in that state only like 3 are blue and we are considered a blue state, doesn't seem fair does it
Like another user said it is a relic of the past that never got fixed in the constitution

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

That won't happen, they know the people wouldn't be too happy about it and could create some problems like a revolt.

I hate Seattle so much
Ruins it for all of us

>relic of the past that never got fixed
>implying the US wasn't better pre 16th amendment

Democracy was a mistake.

>Trump and Clinton have been campaigning across the country
>Jeb has been campaigning across the electoral college

IT'S HAPPENING!

All states, in all states the electorate college has no requirements to follow the vote.
At worst, there are laws that punish "faithless actors" but once the vote is cast, it is cast.

Because Washington state law says that electors don't have to vote with their districts.

The electors, Dahnald. Give me them.

>Hillary wins the popular vote through fraud
>Dem electors refuse to vote for her because they know shes incompetent + will be indicted + will be impeached

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You vote for who gets into electoral college of your state. Then those people vote for who becomes president. They're supposed to vote on the candidate of their own party so that your vote on a party becomes an actual vote on that party. They are supposed to vote on the top candidate of their party but this guy is saying he won't, which is illegal and betrays the people who voted him into electoral college.

She will lose the popular vote and win the electoral vote, it's gonna happen
And it will piss alot of people off who didn't know their vote didn't matter

that makes me wonder how many electors arent gonna vote for Trump/Hillary... this election is so fucked

>There's nothing in the Constitution that says the electors are required to vote for a particular candidate, but some states have penalties for so-called "faithless electors." Satiacum faces a $1,000 fine in Washington if he doesn't vote for Clinton, but he said he doesn't care.

>Satiacum faces a $1,000 fine in Washington if he doesn't vote for Clinton, but he said he doesn't care.

>embrace democray

Niqqa we are and always have been a republic

The problem with that is in states like Washington they only vote in from blue counties, regardless of all the red ones our voices never get heard here

That's fucked up. We have real democracy....and a Union we dont control

I don't want to be forced to do something just because 51% of people want to

Oh god it's Nixon and Kennedy all over again

Where should someone move to in Washington to experience the best of Washington without niggers, numale beta bitch nerd faggots, and affordable houses?

Prevents tyranny of the majority

But at that point why not just tally up the points without adding 538 extra people into the process to do a purely ceremonial task?

You couldn't be more wrong you stupid motherfucker

This is insane. Has something like this ever happened?
What if it spirals out of control with more people refusing to vote for the candidate?

Doesn't thing change everything?

he is actually 100% correct.

Bob was an elector elected at the state convention. He represents the 72.7% of washington that caucused for bernie. He'll vote his conscience, but I told him he's got the whole state behind him.

Why you guys dont know how you're own country works ?
There are foreigners here explaining this shit.

Then you get to enjoy your own Brexit

Anywhere south of Olympia
Chehalis is a beautiful town, and almost purely conservative
There is a spot like 5 minutes from town where you see Mt. Rainier, St. Helens, Adams and rolling green forests

If this ends up as a Tie.

Could the republicans hand this country over to Jeb?

an elector abstained in 2000

this has never influenced the outcome of the presidential election though

Imagine the phonecalls this guy is getting

Hypothetically.

Hillary wins the popular vote and the election.

FBI/NYPD bust her a month later before the electoral college vote.

A number of electoral college voters switch their votes to Trump giving him the presidency.

This might end up being one of the timelines of Sup Forums. And I thought I would be free after Nov 8th...

>$1000
It's fucking nothing , especially not for a career politician.

I'm comfy but I'm scared!

He'll be found dead (suicide of course) soon enough.

Press F to pay respects

Thanks for the insight user. Take your (You)

He was picked because he's a native, but the person who nominated him presumably didn't know he was also a bernie-bot who chimped out at the national convention. Decent chance he's legit, though he also said he's considering just withdrawing.

DON'T WORRY DAHNOLD, I HAVE PAST EXPERIENCE, I'LL GET SOME ELECTORS TO VOTE FOR YOU EVEN IF YOU LOSE THEIR STATE!

Meanwhile in December

THE ELECTURZ, CLYNTAHN!

>screaming women
>hangs up
>unplugs landline
>yanks battery from phone
>sips wine with added salt for realism when imagining their tears.
>read newspaper as others follow suit to Vote for Trump regardless of State

except for the fact that the check on the people is still capable of being corrupted it just gives corporations the list of people to go find.

I don't know anything about this guy, but this could easily be a gesture to open the door for others to do the same against trump, and have the, "they started it" fall back high ground.

Civil war m8
On the other hand, if the same things happens to Hilldog, you'll have a few angry media articles and die-ins

This is an extremely polarizing election so I believe this is not going to be the last one.

Who is this hero anyway?

Because niggers and women should have minimal say in the ultimate result

Ok I'm all for playing dirty against clinton, but this is too far.

as opposed to what? tyranny of the minority?

>ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS

None of this shit matters. I suggest you all research the Councin on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commision.

Here's our boy Ron Paul in 1988 talking about it youtube.com/watch?v=xDZsQQ5wRBQ

It's widely known. Everyone knows this.