Underrated Villains

Why doesn't he have that many appearances?

pedo

This. It doesn't fly in 2017. And the (((execs))) were offended by this depiction

Mojo is amazing but it probably has something to do with how gross he is and how uncomfortable he makes people feel

Isn't he the villain in X-Men right now?

I find it kind of baffling that he is so neglected and ignored. He predated so many other villains and gimmicks and attacked Batman in ways other villains attempted less successfully (not just DC villains), and with not even that many appearences.
He really could have been Batman's greatest enemy.

Wait, he is a pedophile?

>(((execs)))
mommie come look I Sup Forumsposted in Sup Forums again I'm so redpilled

I think it's a Weinstein joke?

Either way, he did make a bunch of toddler versions of X-Heroes and Villains.

He could've work in FX Legion, but then Shadow King is thematically better for the show

>made a bunch of toddler x-heroes and villains
was literally just so he could have his own muppet babies to cash in on

Mojo has no alternate reality versions of himself. The Mojoverse it's it's own universe that has no duplicates. That means the Mojo from the X-Men cartoon is the same Mojo from the comics.

Not that we know of.
Mojo is a pervert but I don't recall any implications of pedophilia.

Difficult gimmick to write for and the executive culture her parodies has shifted.

>I find it kind of baffling that he is so neglected and ignored.
He makes an appearance in almost every piece of Batmedia.

He had a single appearance in BTAS, some appearances in The Batman and YJ, Arkham City, and Gotham. Firefly has appeared in more Batmedia than Hugo Strange.

And all of those were lackluster except Gotham (which was just okay) and Arkham City.
He was also in the recent Batman vs Two-Face movie, which is actually his first appearance in any movie whatsoever, but he's barely in it and just dissappears around the 2nd act.

They usually only bring in Hugo when the story calls for a mad scientist even though his real speciality is psychiatry and fucking with Bruce's sanity via psychological torture. He is PROFESSOR Hugo Strange, not Dr.Strange.

Seriously, when was the last time he was used?

>He'll never be a main member of The Rogues again

It's not fair, Sup Forums. He helped found the damn team

He actually is a medical doctor though. But Strange has also been doing the mad scientist shtick since the very beginning; the psychological enemy aspect of Hugo Strange is primarily a post-Crisis characterization.

Last major role was in Bendis' Moon Knight. He's had some one-off appearances since then.

He really could stand for a costume update. Personally I'd go with what the tv show did and make him a chick, but I'd keep all the aggressive, homoerotic entendre laden dialogue.

>make him a chick

Actually fuck you. I'm fine with making a new female Rogue or using older lady Rogues but making Roscoe a chick is where I draw a fucking line. Comics should NOT try to replicate changes made by the TV show.

Only thing worse is if you suggested they pair him up with Mirror Master.

I'm fine with a costume change, so long as it matches the original top motif. But arbitrary changes like that are retarded.

Easily my favorite Spider-Man villain, besides Kingpin and Hobgoblin.
And, yeah, I think Shadow King is kinda underrated now that he got brought up. He seems to get one story per decade, but it tends to be a pretty good story.

A lot of Iron Man's rogues from the 70s and 80s fit here.
>Crimson Dynamo III
>Living Laser
>Iron Monger
>Justin Hammer
>Jonas Hale
>Madame Masque
>Titanium Man I
>Firepower
>Spy Smasher

Iron man has a Rogues Gallery that could rival Batman's (okay, maybe Spider-Man's, Batman's a bit too high), if someone could just put in the work to revitalize them.

It's because every hacky writer put on Iron Man doesn't look at his history, and thinks his only sworn enemies are Captain America and Alcoholism. Part of the fun of Invincible Iron Man in its primes was the corporate espionage mix into his enemies.

You never heard about dr death

Exactly. They all just do their own rehash of Armor Wars with a dash of "muh alcoholism" and call it a day. And yeah, Fraction's run wasn't perfect, but at least it steered things in the corporate antagonism direction, which I liked. Coming off the Knauf run it was weaker, but still enjoyable. Gillen soured thigns, but hey, at least even he tried something new wth Troy. It's Bendis that completely run things into the ground.

I gave up on Iron Man runs a long time ago. I think Extremis and Enter The Mandarin were the last IM stories I actively sought out.

Extremis was a long time ago. Around 2005. But the run it was part of, the Director of SHIELD/Knauf one was legitimately great.

Enter was 2007. That's how long ago I gave up on Marvel in general, despite the odd story.

great design but his shtick is rather limited in story telling.

Ah yeah, it was the one where Mandarin wanted to thin the world's population and leave only about 2% or so alive, based on a certain gene. I liked that.

His battle armor was top tier, too.

Iron Man 3 is even worse when you read Enter the Mandarin, because you realize how easy it would've been to adapt that story with some alterations.
>Scarecrow becomes Spy Smasher or Ghost
>The Crimson Dynamo event becomes Iron Man 2
>Mandarin is an Osama figure and his base is in the Middle East
>The rings become extensions or a way to control the Extremis

MCU Iron Man really is a dissapointment. It had the potential to be an innovative franchise,but turned out to be just generic action flicks.

He kind of looks like Vandal

Madam Masque cannot be evolved. Entire personality is just that of a clingy ex-girlfriend.

I think Bendis' only decent addition was porting over Animax from X-Men. She's got a decent gimmick and has a nice thematic contrast to Iron Man.

Favreau tried even though he had to deal with meddling in IM2.

Not the same thing.
Dr.Death was the first supervillain that Batman fought, but Hugo Strange was the first arch-enemy. There's a distinction between these two.
Dr.Death was just an ordinary supervillain ripped from the Shadow Magazine. He was the first Batman supervillain but not someone of particular importance outside of that.
Hugo Strange was conceived to be Batman's Moriarty, someone who he had already encountered before and was described by him as "undoubtedly the greatest organizer of crime in the world". He was the first Batman villain who, while behind bars in the last panel, swore to return and to get even with Batman, since most of them "died" (as was the case with Dr.Death at the end of his two initial appearences) or just went to jail and never appeared again. Joker's first apperance

>the psychological enemy aspect of Hugo Strange is primarily a post-Crisis characterization.
Which is also where most of his character comes from in the first place.
Hugo only had three appearences before Crisis, all of which took place in the Golden Age before he vanished for thirty-seven years. And the reason why he vanished in the first place was because his mad scientist shtick, as effective as he was at it, was rendered obsolete as the introduction of characters like Joker signaled Batman's shift towards costumed and grotesque Dick Tracy villains over the older pulp criminal masterminds and mad scientists. Hugo was killed off because he was the symbol of a bygone era for Batman.
The reason why Hugo came back and had other great stories like Down To The Bone and The Double Life of Hugo Strange was because he was reinvented with a psychological and obsessive aspect that allowed him to do his own thing and stand out even without occupying the top position amongst the Batman rogues. Bronze Age Hugo Strange developed character beyond being a mad scientist and a Moriarty knock-off.

Does Mojo ever exhibited any notion or sign of sexuality? I don't remember any.

That's a pretty cool lucio skin

He describes things in terms of pretty, ugly, and such. Might be purely in terms of visual communication though.