Tell me about Stand Still Stay Silent

Tell me about Stand Still Stay Silent.

Good shit.
Best girl still alive.

Good shit

No, best girl is in the very opposite state

I've never looked at the actual comic, but I've seen that map posted around here and I like how it relays the message that the world is fucked.

racist

Good series. The artist already finished one webcomic and so can be relied upon to keep a conistent schedule.

The world concept is interesting and it's a post apocalypse where people did not get technology amnesia and its set in europe instead of america.

Bad stuff is that, the beginning is very boring and light. I guess that's the point to compare the quiet life to the adventure, but it's a drag to get through.

It's a great comic. The writing is meeeh. But I'd recomend.

Finish catbois

Huh. You know, Iceland and Greenland are probably among the safest areas a post-nuclear scenario. Europe and Asia are glowing hot, half of the ME is-the other half is getting torn apart by sectarian violence that makes ISIS look like boy scouts, Africa has descended into barbarism due to their non-existent economies crashing overnight, the habitable parts of America are in a shitty desert or the far north... Yeah. Freezing my ass off with sled dogs beats Mad Max any day.

It's a treatise of the atypical scandinavian uplifting spirit. Happiness and joy throughout.

>no mention of the Faeroes, Shetland or Orkney even though they're right on the path to Iceland
>Apocalypse managed to reach the Faeroes even though Bornholm is safe
I haven't read this comic but that sounds like bullshit.

australia and japan would come at a second - australia's probably difficult to inhabit without the globalized economy, and japan without it would be nowhere near as prosperous, but still quite nice, minus the nukes that turned 92% of their population into blobs

Trolls, magic, ghosts, cats, stalker vibes - pure post apocalyptic Nordic greatness. Her other shit is pretty good too.

I wouldn't call Bornholm safe, read the comic. There are probably other survivors in the world, this series is about one network of people who don't know much about outside world

I cant get past the first batch of pages, its so boring

You think you're fine and will continue to be fine, but then you're not fine.

Never seen a more accurate representation of the Finnish race.

It's good, but considering the setting I'm not entirely sure where else the story can go but scavenging more books, fighting The Thing and talking to spirit animals. I mean, I imagine Denmark looks about the same as Turkey ATM, so we're pretty much just reading it for the characters. Kind of like M*A*S*H.

It almost seems more fitting of a roguelike video game, which I do believe is in the making.

It's good. Real good.
World building, characters, and the establishment of the tone are all handled excellently.
The art is also fantastic, though just by the nature of the style the author uses, sometimes you'll run across a panel that you have to look at for a second or two in order to know what you're looking at. There is tons of detail crammed into the panels however, so it's worth looking at for a bit anyway, instead of skimming through.

One of the best ones out there, you just need to remember the golden rule of good webcomics: Be patient and support the artist.

On a side tangent, I sort of wonder whether or not deserts like the Sahara or Death Valley, or the Outback are equitable to oceans/seas in terms of barriers against the spread of the disease. Or what some island nations like Japan or Madagascar look like now. I typically assume the US lost almost everything except for the coasts/Hawaii/maybe Alaska, and may even be reduced to a flotilla of aircraft Carriers acting as a floating city.

>australia's probably difficult to inhabit without the globalized economy
Eh, as long as you stuck to the coasts and kept your population in check it wouldn't be that hard

It's great. Sjws throw bitch fits because of the lack of a token minority person in the cast, which makes me like it even more

I love it and can't wait for the day I can just binge read the whole thing. Trying to keep up to date with it is just frustrating to me though. I feel like the plot moves at a pace that definitely fits the title of the series.

>what some island nations like Japan or Madagascar look like now.

President Madagascar would have saved them.

Well it's set in Northern Europe in a situation which virtually forbids migration, right? Sorry if I seem uninformed, haven't gotten into it yet, just heard about it on Sup Forums before.

You can't have white people in a story set in ancient China, or Japanese people showing up in a story about pre-Columbus Mesoamerica. It destroys the weight of the setting. It's like having space aliens show up randomly in Jaws.

This. Unlike the real Scandinavia, there are virtually no people of colour in the comic. It's a real shame that the author didn't reproduce the enormous racial variety of this region for her work.

>yeah iceland we r numba #1!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Finns are all bumbling idiots
fuck this bitch and her comic

But finns ARE bumbling idiots

would appreciate if someone could post a few pages, sounding promising so far
you see, user, the fact that she would ever even choose a setting which does not present a majority share of pee oh cees reveals her as the nazi she is
finngol pls you had your day in the sun some 800 years ago

The author lives in Finland. She should know.

>just started reading
>crazy talking head on the tv says the first people with the rash illness are dead or in comas
>she was right
How did she know? Was she in on it?

Yeah, it's just a case of sjws thinking that USA = the world and stories set anywhere in the world in any setting should adhere to the contemporary US demographics and include diversity, because boo hoo muh representation.

It's starting to piss me off, frankly. The story is told by a Finn, takes place in Finland + other Nordics, and assumes that the old Finnish gods are real and help the Finnish mages fight the zombie -trolls in a vaguely viking-historical aesthetic world.

Yet foreigners have the nerve to bitch because a person of their preferred ethnicity doesn't feature in the cast, it's ridiculous. Kinda like crying that it's awful that a Japanese magical realism story drawing heavily from Japanese history and folklore doesn't have black people in its cast,wtf.

The author is a Finn, user. It's humor

>Yeah, it's just a case of sjws thinking that USA = the world and stories set anywhere in the world in any setting should adhere to the contemporary US demographics and include diversity, because boo hoo muh representation.

Ironically, this phenomenon is quite racist.

Humor and also reflects the casual racism towards the Finns from the other Nordics. It's a nice touch and frankly it's exactly how Finns would be viewed by the test of the Nordics in a setting like this, even if they'd be too polite to ever put it in official writing

It's full-on cultural imperialism, yes.

I was interested for a moment until I found out it was yet another fucking zombie comic. There ARE themes other than zombie apocalypse, you know.

Well they OWN the meme market

>he thinks it's zombies
Oh, if only it was

President Isla Martin Garcia, reporting in!

Lalli a CUTE! A CUTE! Hopefully he and Emil get together. The current chapter looks pretty promising that that'll happen.

Idiot.

Did you learn nothing from Best Girl?
Stop your shipping or else ugly, sad things will happen!!!

Welp, that’s what unrestricted migration will do.

I like it, gorgeous scenic visuals and creative lore but it's got a case of sameface that can really make it hard to tell who's who.

Great art, characters, and world building.

Comic writer is not a good story teller. Plus her fanbase are cancerous neo pagan/sjw faggots.

T. Been reading since aRTD

Probably fucked, the only reason Iceland survived is because nobody ever goes there. Japan has million of people coming and leaving every day, and Madagascar doesn't have the means to isolate themselves.

It's like they say in the story, various mountain tribes are almost certainly safe. Chechens, Kurds, Afghans, Chechens etc.

Considering how effective a simple knife seems to be I'm surprised they don't just arm themselves with spears and shields.

>I've never looked at the actual comic
cool
now go post in threads about things you have read

> strip is literally about "what if all the yucky brown people just DIED but it wasn't any of our faults honest"
> you're still here to complain about brown people

This isn't Sup Forums you absolute faggot.

>just another author writing fiction focusing on their home region
>be butthurt because the regional population happens to be primarily white

This isn't /somethingawful/ you absolute tool.

>casual racism

Please user, it's called speciesism.

In America, the coasts are certainly dead. The interior, however, would be nothing but Mad Max land. Might see some fun Fallout-ish stuff in Nevada, but I wouldn't count on it.

>mutant whales can crash at your tiny ass island and spread the epidemic, making the seas unsafe
>any mammalian livestock could potentially become a murder machine, unless you take a liking to cat meat
>climate ain't exactly helping the plants grow either
if I was living in one of those islands I'd just move to iceland

bornholm went full "we wuz denmark n shiet" so they got that smidge of stubborness going for them and tring to keep their island

the rpg is more scifi
which conforms better to the earl concept art actually, back during a red tail's dream
desu I like ssss the way it is, a comfy stroll through the remnants of a magic/creepy apocalypse, kinda like romantically apocalyptic before they started placing whole fucking webnovels under each and every panel

This isn't Pre-Columbian America though, it's post-industrial Fennoscandia`(and Iceland). When did this apocalypse happen, exactly?

Iceland survived because they actively said NO to immigration once they heard there's a devastating epidemic going on, patrolled their seas and torpedoed any and all refugee ships trying to enter the country. This tactic resulted in them becoming the dominant culture of that pocket of survivors and the new society they started to build.

Modern day. I'm sure there are some foreigners hanging around but we've only seen like 50 people so far.

Not on Iceland though, those stone-cold bastards just shoot you dead no matter who you are.

Mages means drunkards?

oh goddammit, is everything going to be mutated monsters but the fucking cats?
what's everyone got against based dogs these days

I'm not at all sure there'd be foreigners. Foreigners and immigrants tend to live in the bigger cities, because they're more accepted there whereas in small towns they get stared at. And all of the big cities and towns and larger villages were contaminated and wiped out, the only survivors were from very small islands and isolated pockets that defended themselves, and Iceland which took a brutal stance towards foreigners (kill em on sight before they contaminate us). For comparison Finland now has around 5,5 mil people. Finland in SSSS, 100ish years of repopulation after the disease, still only has 10k people iirc. So the amount who survived the disease apocalypse in Finland may have been less than 1500 persons, hiding in isolated places.

Same everywhere in that world, Finland + Sweden + Denmark combined with 100 years of repopulation and recovery is still less than 60 k, when contemporary numbers should be over 15 mil iirc. It's no wonder there are no foreigners. They all died in the cities along with 99,7% of the population

There probably are trolls who were foreigners or nonwhites, though.

>Best girl still alive.
Correct, Reynir still lives.

>Freezing my ass off with sled dogs beats Mad Max any day.
Pussy

Why didn't someone else just burn the fuckers like Sweden did?

Places like Greece, Sibiria, Canada may be really interesting. Maybe Southern Italy, some British Islands or some small isolated villages in places like Eastern Germany, Poland or other Post Soviet areas as well.

Love it

Greece and Southern Italy have a history of not handling plagues too well. Though considering what Denmark looks like it would be fun to see what a city of several million inhabitants looks like.

they might be too unweildly. A knife has the advantage of being small, lightweight, and quick, so that if they need to run they can run. I can't imagine these people have the training of the great warriors from antiquity, anyway.

>Iceland
No need
>Norway
all mountains, nothing to burn
>Danes
Likely tried and failed due to recklessness and difficulty establishing an initial foothold on the Jutland peninsula
>Finland
A FUCKING LAKE

doggo might be mutated, but he's still (trying to be) a good boy

Blessed image

>two pretty boys (as in effeminate enough that I thought Lalli was a qt tomboy until his gender was stated) with yaoibait interactions
>fat blob girl
why can't female tumblr authors control themselves
please tell me there's a qt non-bitch female character introduced at some point

At least try to make it sound like you're not a massive faggot next time.

It's not post-nuclear, dummy. Zombie bio horrors happened.

Fujoshit pls, you can have your darling fembois but the lack of a single nice cute girl 175 pages in is concerning me. Tell me whether or not this changes.

It wasn't about your preference for femboys or cute girls, it was about the way you word your whining, you massive faggot. And to answer your question, I don't remember what happens on the page you're on but there will be two women on the team. If you're reading a story centered comic purely for waifus or husbandos then you deserve disappointment.

FUG

I'm reading a story that has so far featured a pair of fujobait boys with typical tumblry ship-bait interactions and a caricature of a "cute" fat female with contemporary dyke hair, with little personality between the three. That's three characters I'm not going to like. Eh, whatever, I'll be dropping it anyway, these fucking tumblr comic memes have already spoiled it.
It really didn't seem to be heading this way in the pre-infection bit, the only remotely tumblr thing about it was in character facial structure. What a shame.

>tumblrtumblrtumblr
You are such a fucking faggot. Get over your obsession. The only thing tumblr about this comic are the faces and even that only partially.

>Likely tried and failed due to recklessness and difficulty establishing an initial foothold on the Jutland peninsula
This is pretty much what happened in the flashback, no? They first succeeded in reclaiming a bit of land, then got greedy, tried to push forward and got fucked.

>faggot faggot faggot
Nice try, fujo, but you're not fitting in. Beyond the intro portion, the faces become entirely a product of tumblr, and the character styles as well. And the pseudo-folksy magic. And the cat obsession (and even the style of drawing cats). And the stag/briard obsession. And the samey quirky characters who suck up 95% of the page content with chatter interaction that barely even develops anything.
I dunno how this comic went from managinga bit of a comfy Norse-y vibe to being one big ugly trope so fast.

You sure know far more than average person about all kinds of tumblr things. Normal people would just call most of what you said artists personal style, but I guess you're the expert. Tumblr.

>fat blob girl
what did you just say about my waifu sigrun

Their last reclamation attempt managed to establish a sizeable beachhead on Sealand, but when they tried to expand outwards they woke.... "something" in the ruins Copenhagen, and the expeditionary force was completely wiped out.

Sleipnope is the *true* Best Grossling. Try and prove me wrrong.

This conversation will seem really pathetic once you get further in.

Was it hiding in a submarine by its own design?

can't be best grossling when you're not actually a grossling
they're best ghost, I guess

>Plump Finnish qt girl
>Not prime fuck material
The shittiest of tastes. You just KNOW she lusts after some big manly dicks and the hunks who wield them

It's actually absorbed several Grosslings before it settled on the general horse shape. So technically, it's the ghost equivalent to a Giant.

>be me
>be white
>sunburns for years

yeah ill take cloudy apocalypse over sunny any day of the week