Was society really better off ten years ago compared to today?

Was society really better off ten years ago compared to today?

Think about all the shit that didn't exist in 2006 that is a norm today
>Smartphones
>Gender politics
>Shit economy
>Social media (Wasn't a huge frenzy in 06)
>Internet becoming more centralized

>(((Stein)))

>Think about all the shit that didn't exist in 2006 that is a norm today

White identity politics

Yes, internet was still new. PC culture didn't have a strong foothold in society as it was today and trannies werent consider equal.

Being a teen in the great recession was an eye opener. My family was poor before it happened and got their hours cut which made things harder. They told me straight up that they couldn't afford college for both me or my brother and they were going to send my brother to college instead of me. So I had to look for a job, I applied to over 100 places and got rejected. Turned out that was a poor bet, he turned into a numale within a years time. He's a bern out with a major in English. He still lives with us and he has a construction job now. My family will forever be poor, and unable to get out of poor class. We rely on the government so much it would be suicide to get off welfare. Community college is a joke and getting a degree is worthless at this point. Even if I do go to college in a shitty STEM field I'd get outsourced in a heart beat and still be poor but with massive debt.

I understand why poor people vote for gibs me dats because of all this. It's hard to tell millennials to save and be conservative when the world is on fire with no light at the end of the tunnel.

>stein
fug

It was probably very similar you just didn't notice at the time

Based on your post, I would say I was a lot better off in 2006.

Smartphones - Goddamit I have work emails 24/7 and a lot of general faggotry that stresses me out

Gender Politics - Really nigga? That shit is gay.

Shit Economy - Wasn't so hot in 2006 either, but at least I still got a bonus

Social Media - Can be ok, but overrun with fucking low IQ apes with internet connections.

Internet becoming more centralized - nope.jpg

>Less of a push for diversity

>Less "diversity" in movies shows (they weren't remaking everything with a black cast or all female cast).

>Less migrants going into Europe, now there's millions

>Muh feminism, muh patriarchy, muh evil oppressive white males, muh victims muslims etc.

Society is divided these days, thanks to the (((media))) and social media. They've managed to divide people by race and gender. Now i get dirty looks from women with piercings and multi-kolourd hair.

>January 1, 2007 was almost 10 years ago
man, fuck

Also

>A good portion of people in their early 20's have massive ego's due to thinking having a few hundred twitter followers makes them famous.

I was given the option of college or military by my parents. Their sense of humor came into play when they said they weren't paying for either.

By test scores and blind luck I ended up in an Intelligence squadron and had access to information that was more valuable than any college. I got to see the 'real world'.

10 years ago we were still clinging to a combined effort to defeat terrorism and find security in the modern world. Now, the secret is out that our contribution to the state is only monetary and their idea of success is clandestine destruction of our enemies with enough money left in the budget to retire a millionaire.

This, the other day i was playing vidya and this guy said he was born in the year 2000 yet he had a deep voice. Shit is mindblowing

Blame Portal, The Big Bang Theory and Steve Jobs.

>Yes, internet was still new.
To you.

I've seen nothing new since 1994 and there is not much going on on phones that is new either since 1998.

You fucking millennials are deluded.

Social networking my ass. AOL was entirely based on the same marketing conducive 'community' social memes and nothing you use from friends lists, to IM to video chat was not around in the the mid 1990s

What is new is that there is a generation of useless cunts that have utterly failed to innovate.

Even the VR and hololens is old shit from the 90s.

Trannies and queers were always the darlings of the arty and media set just like now.

PC was banning children's toys and censoring kids books two decades ago. The concepts of cultural marxism they exhibit go back to gramsci

You fuckers really think that the world started when you noticed it.

1997 a Windows CE palm with a GSM CF card. Fuck all new on smartphones. Less in some ways.

The notion that 'social media' even is a meme is a fucking joke. All it represents is a generations failure to innovate and ignorance that everything they think is new and shiney was in fact around 20 years ago.

fucking normies on the internet.

>By test scores and blind luck I ended up in an Intelligence squadron and had access to information that was more valuable than any college

>Trannies and queers were always the darlings of the arty and media set just like now.

>PC was banning children's toys and censoring kids books two decades ago. The concepts of cultural marxism they exhibit go back to gramsci

This shit's been going on forever in small increments to make the brainwashing more effective. But it was still much better in 2006 than today. The only saving grace is that there has been a massive rebellion against global progressivism/cultural marxism.

Shut the fuck up grandpa. Angry birds wasn't around in the 90's, nor was any software compatible with Angry birds.

Sorry to burst your bubble but google ain't half hot mum, mash, are you being served etc etc etc

There were crossdressers and queers pracing around in the 1970s and 1920s, it goes in cycles. And being bisexual was the 'in' fashion in the early 70s.

There have always been babbling disconnected morons hanging around in university arts departments squealing about oppression and rebellion and splurging complete shit.

The only think that has happened since 2006 is that the unimaginable happened. A generation was born of technological morons who descended en mass on the internet and brought nothing to the table, no skills, no innovation, nothing and swarmed all over it with their trite meaningless navel gazing narcissist shit.

If I finally destroy the planet when I go full blown doctor evil it will be because I'm willing to see human civilization end rather than allow millennials continue to take a dump all over it.

That was the year Halo 3 came out. Fuuuuuu...

>Angry birds
Worms.

Which was in itself a rip off off a game with two little tanks that was kicking around on 8 bits.

Worms was probably better than angry birds IMO but nothing much original going on there.

I first got paid for programming at age 9. I'm not interested in doxing my age but the world is worse, yes, it has millennials in it. Thais why it is worse and the reason it is worse and this thread illustrates that perfectly. Even Jobs knew millennials were morons and would buy any shit branded to play to the millennial narcissism, the only fucking smart thing jobs ever did. He used his whale like ego and NPD to understand a generation of technological incompetents and intellectual midgets raised to believe they were 'special' and 'creative' could be sold any old shit.

>millennials are one person

Someone really hates millennials.

Wew lad.

Yes and no.
The western economy was just much better during that time so people didn't have the discontent that they do now which is channeled into radical ideologies be it SJWs, nazis, communists, anarcho capitalists, etc.
The world is just extremely radicalized right now.

If they worke up tomoroow with personalities fuck. Maybe the internet and civillisation could be saved.

But they won't.

Their mumbling collectivist sputum and uselessness combine with their whale like 'creative' egos will finally end human civilization.

"These tales of impending doom allowed the Golgafrinchans to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population. The story was that they would build three Ark ships. Into the A ship would go all the leaders, scientists and other high achievers. The C ship would contain all the people who made things and did things, and the B ark would hold everyone else, such as hairdressers and telephone sanitisers. They sent the B ship off first, but of course the other two-thirds of the population stayed on the planet and lived full, rich and happy lives until they were all wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone. "

We need to

a)Convince millennials the planet is doomed.

b)Tell them they are so special and gifted that we are putting them on an ark to continue humanity.

c)Fire millennials at black hole.

d)Enjoy old anarchic internet again.

depends where

Ireland and the UK were way worse in the early 90s and 70s. Like 28 days later way worse

Well I'm considering the US as the center of the western world right now as anything that happens there affects essentially the whole world.
I would say it started in around 2000/2001 or 2007/2008 would be the tipping point depending on your views but the difference is that (in my opinion) the US recovered from the 2000s but never did (and probably never will) from 2007/2008.

The funny thing is, is that you're most-likely a Millennial.

Delicious ironing stemming from your self-hatred.