BLACK PANTHER Plot Details

>After the events of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returns to Wakanda to prove himself as warrior and king to the Wakandan tribe leaders by defeating their champions at a tournament at Warrior Falls. Erik Kilmonger (Michael B. Jordan) challenges T'Challa's claim, opposing his plan to integrate Wakanda to the outside world, but is defeated and goes into exile, vowing revenge.

>One year later, T'Challa prevents a group of mercenaries working for weapons dealer Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis) from stealing Vibranium. T'Challa's best friend W'Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya) is the commander of the border tribe tasked with keeping Wakanda's true nature a secret from the outside world.

>T'Challa is advised by Zuri (Forest Whitaker), Wakanda's spiritual leader and the guardian of the Heart-Shaped Herb, a rare herb laced with Vibranium particles that affords the kings of Wakanda superhuman abilities, including enhanced strength, speed, agility and stamina and heightned senses.

>T'Challa's childhood love Nakia (Lupita Nyong'o), an undercover operative traveling the world to protect Wakanda's interests and hunt its enemies, locates Klaue in South Korea and T'challa heads there with his sister Shuri (Letitia Wright), a technological genius on par with Tony Stark who has dedicated her life to studying Vibranium and it's scientific applications, and has designed the Black Panther's weaponry; and Okoye (Danai Gurira), leader of the Dora Milaje, Wakanda's secret service. They aprehend Klaue after a car chase, crossing paths with CIA agent Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) in the process.

>Klaue is later sprung from prison by Kilmonger and his followers and they join forces to overthrow T'Challa, so Klaue can profit off of the Vibranium and Kilmonger can usurp the throne. They steal Wakandan technology and manage to reproduce the Black Panther technology.

WE

>Kilmonger surrenders to Wakanda in order to be granted an audience with T'Challa and the tribal leaders, where he denounces T'Challa's leadership and gathers support for himself. While T'Challa is away on a diplomatic mission, Kilmonger is freed by his supporters, including W'Kabi, and allows his followers into Wakanda.

>When T'Challa returns, his jet is shot down and he is confronted and defeated by Kilmonger. The tribal leaders overthrow T'Challa and name Kilmonger as his replacement, and Okoye and the Dora Milaje are forced to support them. Nakia, Shuri, Ross and T'Challa's mother Ramanda (Angela Basset) remain loyal to T'Challa and go on the run as Kilmonger prepares for war against the outside world, while Klaue benefits from the resulting arms race.

>Both T'Challa and Kilmonger seek the support of M'Baku (Winston Duke), the ruthless leader of the mountain tribe of Wakanda, who ultimately chooses to side with T'Challa not out of respect, but because his own plans for Wakanda don't account for it to be ravaged by war in Kilmonger's crusade against the outside world.

>After consulting with the spirits of past kings through the mystical properties of the Heart-Shaped Herb, T'Challa rallies those loyal to him to challenge Kilmonger and his followers in a vicious battle that'll decide not only the fate of Wakanda, but of the entire world.

How much do you guys think this film will draw from the Christopher Priest run, if at all?

The bad guys steal the hero's tech to get rich and become powerful in the process?
What an exciting new direction from the studio that brought us Iron Man 1 through 3, Ant-Man, Spider-man Homecoming, as well as Dr Strange!

Tons, but I don't think it'll matter.

WUZ

WE

BLACK PANTHER AND SHIT

'SHIT' BEING KANGZZZZZ

>Heart-Shaped Herb

I don't know shit about black panther, so I have no idea if it's in the comics, but that sounds dumb as fuck either way

I really hope this is't accurate. W'Kabi betraying T'Challa? Fuck outa here. Plus, this storyline is really really really basic.

Don't forget who runs "thangs" around here.

All I want is for M'Baku to kill his god, eat its flesh to get superpowers, and dress like a gorilla. Is that too much to ask?

Maybe you should leave and come back after you read comics. Until then feel free to head over to Sup Forums and spew your ignorant diarrhea all over that shitting ground.

He is wealthier and more powerful than all of you combined. Be humble. Sit down.

you sound dumb as fuck too

I'm already interested just based on the fact that this actually sounds like it has a pulpy jungle vibe with warring tribes and political intrigue and shit isn't the same old MCU origin story.

he's wearing the typical "evil clone of the good guy" black panther costume. fucking dormmamu will turn out to have been more unique than this fuck.

plus not-that-michael-jordan with burnt worms on his head as a hair-do isn' intimidating. Especially with ASAP Ferg sunglasses.

It's a thing in the comics.
You can spot the people that don't read or know a thing about Black Panther because they compare him to Iron Man when in reality he's more of a mirror to Doctor Doom; a king of an isolated nation that mixes magic and science. The root is part of his magical stuff.

Id settle for a stupid gorilla power suit. Why? Because I want my Man Ape

>super genius little girl like Tony Stark!
I dread THAT scene in the movie. The ‘YAAAS QUEEN SLAY HIDDEN FIGURES!” scene. Everything else looks solid. They got T’challa done very well.

Dude, Mr. T

I guarantee that a lot of people will be too stupid to understand the plot about running a country. Remember the guy who didn't get Civil War and wished it was about a subject people would understand, like Iron Man and Cap fighting over the love of Black Widow.

Does OP know about Easter egg in flyer or no?

>a technological genius on par with Tony Stark

>true nature a secret from the outside world.
WE

Black Panther is gonna be impossible to discuss on Sup Forums

Black Panther is gonna be impossible to discuss on Sup Forums.

Implying this isn’t already the case. Try starting a BP thread without it getting We Wuz’d

fuck off redditurd

maybe head over to tumblr where you're safe, bitch

This sounds so fucking boring.

Why does the figure on the tablet look more like Zemo than Kang? He even has the headband

Wakanda always feels like it's a gnat's wing from another coup.

See this is why we need the fantastic 4 or the xmen. Folks are akways being compared to Tony when there are plenty of smarter folks in the marvel universe.

Sounds tight.

I don't really see how having the X-men involved would effect that.

There are Xmen or characters related to them, who are smarter than Tony like Forge or Hank

You couldn't prove to me that that isn't Zemo.

Hank is smart, but not smarter than Tony. Likewise, I highly doubt they'd be comparing Black Panther to "The Beast." Forge isn't actually smarter than Tony either. His power let's him make more impressive things than Tony, but he barely even understands how the things work half the time.

Aw, iz the mean black superhewwo movie hurting lil Timmy's feefees?

Lol your the one throwing a bitchfit because a black superhero movie exists you you perma-triggered crybaby.

>sister Shuri (Letitia Wright), a technological genius on par with Tony Stark

Nope

You can spot them when they openly admit "I don't know shit about black panther" as well. user was acting as if he was some authority on the subject.

You can tell you only read capeshit cause you think your capeshit token is the end all be all.

Elaborate

Would you prefer if it was like the comics, where T'Challa is not only a highly trained fighter and statesman but also a technological genius on par with Stark?

That's rich coming from somebody from a reddit infested safe space.

Yes

Why the fuck not?

>T'challa heads there with his sister Shuri (Letitia Wright), a technological genius on par with Tony Stark

Was that needed?

It makes more sense narratively if your protagonist isn't literally perfect at everything. If the main character has an answer for everything tension is harder to build and engagement is harder to generate.

>it's hard, it's hard, it's hard

Then get a better writer

What a horrendous opinion. A character isn't perfect just because they're accomplished. You sound like one of those idiots that hates Superman because you have no imagination.

Not at all

Instead of just showing us her intelligence and abilities they felt the need to tell us "Oh hey she's as smart as Tony guys".

20$ says she doesn't even do anything that warrants said statement either, and we'll watch as she fades into background character #73

>Instead of just showing us her intelligence and abilities they felt the need

When did yo see the movie?

Superman looks white though.

Cry more bitch nigga. I read plenty. Just not Brietbart.

You want T'challa to be a Gary Stu.

Breitbart isn't a comic you stupid nig. Maybe you aren't as good at reading as you thought.

So because he builds his own shit like Tony, he's all of sudden a Gary Stu?

She builds T'Challa's new suit, which can form around like like the Bleeding Edge armor.

That's basically Stark Tech + vibranium (Vision reshapes his body in a similar fashion)

it's building his own shit, while also being a melee fighter, while also being a statesman

>How dare someone be good at more than one thing

Will M'Baku have a cool costume like having a gorilla's mouth opened up for the neckline?