Detentionaire

Any opinions on this series?

Other urls found in this thread:

sarah-borrows.tumblr.com/tagged/biffy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cam was a fucking punk. Lee deserved better than him.

Also, great series, really underrated. Did it only air in Canada or something? How come no one ever talks about it?

>Cam was a fucking punk. Lee deserved better than him.
I also recall Tina being a bitch towards Lee at certain/several points of the series.

Season 4 was fucking gold. Before that, though, you have to sit through 3 seasons of stereotypes.
Fuck you, Cam is awesome.

Also if you're not watching all 4 seasons in full 1080p, you're not really watching it at all.
Tina was the only decent girl in the show, user!
Her brief moments of "bitchiness" were half-hearted at most, and entirely justified to boot.

Now Brandy, on the other hand...

Nobody talks about it because it didn't air in the US, only getting some digital releases that aren't Netflix. Other countries don't matter, other platforms don't matter. Welcome to the "free market".

did this ever have a conclusion?
biffy best boy

I agree, season 4 was a super high point of the show and it only got better from there.

I did think the first 3 seasons did have a point though. Obviously to set the stage on the cliques and the events that lead up to why cliques are important.
Tina and Jenny are the best girls though.

And to answer OP, the show is criminally underrated and was never finished and never will be finished so I've lost all hope of ever getting anything more out of the series. This is sad, but at least I have my imagination.

Yeah, correction: Jenny was quite decent too, though she put up a jerkish façade at times.

But Brandy, Kimmie, the various stereotypical minor characters... the girls in this show are mostly terrible people. (Even compared to the often equally stereotypical guys.)
>did this ever have a conclusion?
Did you watch all 53 episodes?

Other user is not correct, the show finished with a minor hook for a potential season 5.

Was Lee shirtless at any point? He looks hot.

Yeah let's call it a "minor hook." But honestly, the ending didn't feel like an ending to a series, it felt like an ending to a season.

So in my books, the show wasn't finished since they had a shit ton of questions that weren't answered. And this isn't even the case of "leaving it to the viewer's imagination," they straight up didn't finish the show and it got canned. I remember a while back one of the writers/creators wrote on the show's facebook page that they planned another season but it wasn't picked up.

You might have to fact check that one, but I'm pretty sure if you're really curious you'll find something along those lines.

>biffy best boy
I find it humorous on how Lee had on-screen interactions/teamwork with Biffy than both Cam and Holger

user, I'm very familiar with both the show and the behind-the-scenes stuff. But you have to keep in mind, the creators were extremely unrealistic in that sense. They literally talked about having like 10 seasons or something.
So basically no matter when it would have ended, there would be "unanswered questions".

Do tell me which ones you're thinking of, though, I've come across answers to several.

Fuck man, it's been so long since I've watched the show I can't really remember anything I wanted to know when I finished it. I was always really interested in Lee's family though and his ancestor(?) and their friends. I've honestly forgotten most of the lore to the show so I hope you'll forgive my jumbled brained description.

I think I might to a rewatch sometime soon, but it kinda hurts to know that it just kind of ended like that.

They explained a ridiculous amount of stuff in the very last few episodes, you do have to really pay attention but most of the major stuff is explained.

(Actually the very last episode in particular, as I've NEVER seen so much crammed into a regular 22-minute episode, finale or not.)

christ if you want Sup Forums to care about this you should at least post some MILFs

Yeah I remember the massive cramming too. And also that Kimmie's mom had a powersuit and that Holger came in with the powersuit and saved the day. Man, why did I only remember that
Oh yeah here you go

their personalities worked better together

I had such a huge crush on Biffy. He was unlike the usual cartoon bully stereotype.

What the fuck was his problem

gaaaaay do you have more

I've always liked the style of the show. Every character design was so cool and interesting, and I know that if given the budget to animate the show like how Lee was animated for the last few seconds of the opening, it could have been great.

Even then, the show looks pretty damn good for flash tweens. I really appreciate the hand drawn still images though.

Whoops, image for ants

Old man in a teenage body. Just like my chinese cartoons.

Come on man, post 1080p screenshots without the disgusting logo.

SPOILER THAT SHIT YOU FAGGOT

That's like the biggest plot twist of the entire series...

I wish I could get HQ screenshots, but google only gives me low quality screenshots from streamed videos.
Yeah and Lee's mom isn't actually his real mom, haha there's a total of 15 fans in this series and this joke is already getting old

>I wish I could get HQ screenshots, but google only gives me low quality screenshots from streamed videos.
That's why you take them yourself, from the 1080p rips. Like for almost every HD cartoon.

Last time I checked, Detentionare is one of those shows that doesn't have easy to find 1080p rips. I remember I watched the show in some pretty abysmal quality, so if you know some good download links, post them.

The logoless 1080p rips have been up on Kametsu for a very long time now.

I'm not posting the MEGA links here as I doubt anyone will bother to reupload the files if they're taken down, though. Just get them there

One of the oddball things I liked the most about Detentionaire was the animation.
Despite being flash animated it was surprisingly dynamic.
Well, as dynamic as flash can be, I guess.

That's fucking insane. Why didn't they air it in the US? Total Drama and Johnny Test (aka: Whip Crack, the Show) got to air there and they did great. I'm willing to bet that it'd be just as popular as Total Drama was, and would be remembered as a great cartoon of the early 2010s.

>Why didn't they air it in the US?
They said it was because it was serialized, but the real reason was because it wasn't lolsorandom. Well, not nearly enough.

they were cute together

Which girl did he end up with? The teacher, the bitch or the generic love interest?

You're a moron, but you did remind me: this show did the SVTFOE long-suffering female protagonist thing a million times better, and several years before it too.

Of course, nobody cares because the number one country (cough) chose to reject it from TV.

Don't be mean. I've only seen like 4 episodes and he was with a different girl in each of them. I was honestly asking.

sarah-borrows.tumblr.com/tagged/biffy

Different artist but she's the only other one I know who draws Biffy. Also all hypermuscle bara so not for everyone. NSFW obviously.

Woops quoted wrong.

I remember the Holger and Greta subplot going around in circles

jesus christ dude, i cant thank you enough for showing me this quality blog

I tried watching this show because of the gushing praise I had seen it garner on Sup Forums in the past and I quit after about 15 episodes. Besides the 'effortlessly cool' MC and his damsel, every character was either a one-dimensional stereotype or just as uncreative a whimsical subversion of the expected stereotype. It reminded me of an old webcomic, almost like LICD, where the setting and the side-characters only exist as spotlights to make the MC shine. There are obnoxious similarities to Rayne and the MC as the undeniable center of the universe while everyone else exists as mere targets for his wit, opportunities for him to demonstrate his generosity and grace or obstacles to be glibly overcome and duly embarrassed. It's impossible to root for someone so obnoxiously charmed by fate.

I watched and loved what I'd seen, but haven't watched the last season because I heard the ending leaves shit unanswered.

generic love interest, the girl with freckles

>this show did the SVTFOE long-suffering female protagonist thing a million times better
no it didn't, it was pretty straightforward with the romantic love interests and each of them ended up with the one they were supposed to except holger who ended up alone

Never aired in America

it stays that way through the course of most of the series, if you didn't enjoy them then the rest of the series wont be for you

Don't mind me, just casually posting best girl.

she, tina, lee and biffy where the only good characters, prove me right because i can't remember most of the series
i also remember brandy being one of the few characters that got actual development but i could be wrong

user - go rewatch "Big Chicken". It's like the SVTFOE season 2 finale, but y'know... done right.

>she, tina, lee and biffy where the only good characters, prove me right because i can't remember most of the series
>i also remember brandy being one of the few characters that got actual development but i could be wrong
Basically correct on all counts, sounds like you're one of the few who actually remember the show accurately.

wasn't there a fuckable vice principal or something in this show?

Fuck, Marry, Kill.

What the fuck did you just post?

In that order.

It aired here on free tv in australia.

Here's another upgrade.

Before Canada, I might add. (Except for the first season.)