/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Space Mom Cutest Mom Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Star Wars: Rebels S4E1/S4E2 Heroes of Mandalore Part 1 and 2 (Oct 16)
Captain Phasma #4 (October 18)
Poe Dameron #20 (October 18)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Rebels Recon: Heroes of Mandalore, Parts 1 and 2
youtube.com/watch?v=6JoAwwYtsHc

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is she, /swco/?

Ruined.
You've ruined her. Can't even watch those scenes again without it being ruined by this forced memery

How were reactions to the Rebels premiere?

Reminder that the big BF2 Single-Player Trailer is today!

Anybody wanna take some bets and predictions about what we might see?

It's baby shit for babies

Master jedi

Lootboxes

From /swco/...?

Mostly positive although we did get an onslaught of blatantly samefagged posts saying shit like "baby shit for babies, sabine's mom should have died, and she should have kept the superweapon!" and "wow that sucked, am I the only one who doesn't care about Mandalorians?" (I have seen this one so many fucking time, nearly word-for-word)

I really enjoyed it though. First part more than the second, but a great start to the season and possibly the strongest premier to date. I also noticed the visuals seems to have been stepped up, acting and camerawork too, and it makes me excited for the rest of the season.

Thanks for the summary, nice to know. Your thoughts pretty much mirror mine.

i will add we see some Wren Die even that Lieutnan with Saxon have a character better then Half the rebellion
and i love the show i enjoye Ezra Comic relief

I usually don't mind Ezra comic relief, but we're supposed to be at the end of his own arc. I mean, Ahsoka wasn't snippy or "funny" in Season 4/5 like she was at the start of TCW.

Not hating, I love Rebels, but I do hope they'll neuter the comedy side to Ezra for the rest of the season, because it otherwise looks like they're making the show much more mature in its final episodes.

i love Ezra best in the crew But if there is no Zeb Ezra will be the comic relief
i mean they will never Use Sabine so we just accept it and deal with it we deal with it for 3 season

You're looking at an imposter site. The real deal is now Kimcartoon, not *kiss*cartoon.

thanks bro

It left a bad taste in my mouth due to the fact that less than 2 minutes into a new season, Ezra was pissing around with that jetpack during an important action sequence.
That opening scene really is there to set the stage for the whole 2-parter and it's too goofy. There's a tonal imbalance between the comedy and the serious stuff.

mandalorian jetpack meme is autism

Ciena Ree is for ginger cock only.

What? You expect him to know Ezra's only a padawan and not a Jedi Knight?

master race

How did this meme start? I wasn’t here for a few months.

Also how did the dickgirl meme start in the general.

I just want to never see mandos again

the master race meme started 2-3 months age, don't know about the dickgirl one

rey

Togruta are the superior head tails

Anyone who likes porgs should be executed.

For Chuchi, some user posted something along the lines of 'daily reminder that your waifu has a dick' and one user replied 'I know, I've always known' with a Chuchi pic.

For Seventh Sister an user posted a fake tweet from Pablo saying she has a dick, presumably to rile up the SSfags. Ironically I had a reversed effect with many SSfags posting replies like 'even better'.

Both probably caused the meme that Mirialan and Pantoran females have dicks.

[Spoiler]Fuck, I spend too much time in these threads[/Spoiler]

cute

Actually human chicks are master race

>Tfw the only game that lets you play as a Togruta (TOR) doesn't even have full body tats
Ball, meet floor

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

today this rebellion dies

fucking ea fucked up the flags, where is hondos god damn it

>All the lootbox shit has lowered my excitement
>But the hype for the single player has risen above recorded levels
Can't wait to turn some Rebels into mince

fucking HYPE

>The Battle of Naboo from Shattered Empire
I'm cumming, im fuckign CUMGMGIN

freedom is fear, rape is lovemaking, the rebel are the true bad guys

>Playable Battle of Endor
>Playable OT-Era Battle of Naboo
>Playable Battle of Jakku
>All from the Empire's POV

Explain :o

In the Shattered Empire comic, the Empire attacks Naboo as part of Operation: Cinder. Those laserbeams you can see in the trailers firing down onto the planet were done to Naboo.

Leia personally flies an N-1 Starfighter to defend the planet.

get out

with the queen of Naboo

>0.7 cheese has been added to your refrigerator

yes! more (you) GIVE ME MORE (YOU)

>the first big Star Wars vidya story
>its adapting one battle from the movies, one from the comics, and one from the books
This unified canon thing is really starting to tickle my nipples

>0.7 cheese
>cheese
We dont use the metric system in america you dumb euronigger

I have zero hype for the multiplayer but I'm megahype for single player

What if this guy is my waifu

So guys, I finished Lost Stars last night, and Thrawn a few weeks ago.

Why are the Imperial Navy ranks so radically different in them? Did they change during the War?

>people are so mad about lootboxes that they're forgetting this is the only thing that matters
this looks rad as fuck

Keep him safe from Saw.

I was thinking last season that Ezra might go edgy, and join Saw's partisans, but now I have no such expectation. Bridger and Kanan will probably leave the Rebel Alliance entirely to on a spirit quest.

For what purpose? Did Naboo have some strategic value or was it just out of spite for loosing the Emperor?

>ranks and insignia
>in Star Wars
If you try to make sense of it, you'll just hurt yourself. It's never made sense, and it never will.

Right after the Battle of Endor her father says her next orders are 'unusual'. In Shattered Empire the Empire immediately tried to destroy Naboo after Endor. In the comic Leia immediately takes a starfighter into the space above Naboo but the game looks like it will show Iden on the ground trying to get into the palace as this is happening.

Is this the moment where nuCanon goes from good to based?

Spite by Palpatine

>Being on the ground while Naboo starts getting torched to all hell and back
This is probably going to be the mission that gives Iden some more PTSD

Was Naboo in open support of the Rebellion? Seems a waste of suddenly very valuable resources to launch an attack on a planet for no other reason than working though a political bitch fit

Took some screenshots I found interesting. Starting with this. The Battle of Endor appears to be playable and not just a cinematic introduction. It will likely be the first mission of the game.

Sheev's homeworld, most of Operation: Cinder was done out of spite and revenge, rather than for strategic gain. Sheev wanted to burn everything to the ground.

I was actually wondering if the ground battle might start before the Cinder stuff happens because the trailer seems to imply Iden leaves once that starts, letting the comic explain how it ends.

But you're probably right and its the other way around, just trailer trickery.

Those of you that stuck with the first game will recognise these guys. Sadly it doesn't look like Dice have added any new aliens, because these are the exact same guys you could play as in the first game. Hopefully they'll have different colours of Twi'lek in customisation options this time at least.

The scene itself is interesting, it's played out to look like Iden is surrendering or offering her help, possibly disillusioned by Operation: Cinder. The leaked audio files pretty much allude to the same thing, but we don't know for sure the context, or if there is lying/misleading happening.

We'll probably find out in the game. There must be an important reason if the Empire's most Elite Team was also sent there. Possibly some artifact to retrieve, or a political figurehead worth capturing. I mean, Leia was on the ground when Cinder started, so maybe Iden is after her.

>duros
oh god yes pls

This appears to be the very same scene, from Iden's perspective. The dialogue in the trailer seems to suggest that she is done with the Empire.

However this could again be misinfo/lying, or a misdirection. For all we know she could be declaring the Empire is dead because something stronger is going to rise. This is followed by a tease of Kylo after all.

I wanted to show this because interestingly, the AT-AT is shooting at an AT-ST.

Are the Rebels hi-jacking Imperial vehicles? Or is this in fact Iden turning on the Empire?

Fuck yes, Duros
>Betraying the Empire
Please no. All I wanted out of this game was for Iden to remain loyal to her death

I'm not one of the posts you referenced but I don't like the Mandalorian shit at all. They're fucking idiots and they're boring. Also Sabine is a cunt

I remember a developer said youd get to play as other characters besides Iden during the campaign

No idea if this is Naboo or Vardos, but I am putting money on Vardos based on the Shattered Empire comic showing that Leia manages to stop Cinder on Naboo. Unless the game continues from after the comic of course.

Could this be what causes Iden to turn?

Duros are indeed top-tier aliens.

Leaks suggest that Mirialans are playable too.

After reading Inferno Squadron, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if Iden turns.

However all of the blatant "will she turn!?!?!" in the trailer makes it too obvious, I actually suspect Iden will remain loyal to the Empire. They need her to transition the story from Jakku to the end of the campaign, which is obviously a timeskip to the Kylo mission.

fuck yes

>Story said to be canon
>Latest story trailer shows Kylo Ren or someone wearing his gear for a brief moment at the end

I wonder if we actually find out how the Knights of Ren come to be or Iden lives long enough to meet Kylo

>said to be canon
Why phrase it like that? Are you doubting that it's canon?

Iden removes her helmet on Vardos. Could be symbolic.

However I still think there could be misdirection; the trailer also seems to imply that Vardos is getting attacked by the Rebels, so why would Iden turn so early in the story?

Correct. We know of Luke and Kylo, and there are hints/theories that Lando and Leia may also be playable.

Will be interesting to be playing as a villain, only to have small segments where you're suddenly fighting against the character you're usually playing as.

Just a cool shot I liked.

That's a big knife

I'm actually suspecting the entire story to span from Endor to Jakku, with a single bonus mission at the end with Kylo killing some New Republic weenies. It will just be a bonus mission like Mile High Club in Modern Warefare, I (sadly) don't think we will be seeing the Knights of Ren or Luke's Jedi.

I do agree that I think this means Iden will survive however. I think her survival will be used to connect to Kylo somehow. Perhaps he is talking to her, or is she turned sides, interrogating her. The entire campaign is her telling her side of the story to Kylo before his own little mission at the end of the game.

That is my bet anyways.

for you

This shot is cool. Some of you may already know this, but Leia is actually in one of her recent comic outfits here.

Thankfully they didn't just stick her in one of her movie outfits. Having her in her Hoth gear (like the first game) would have been ridiculous.

Also that is indeed a Rebels-style Imperial Gozanti Cruiser

>Iden lives long enough to see the transition into the First Order and is higher up in the ranks.
>Kylo is having a fit over something random and she dies unceremoniously and he merely walks out the room and with a wave of his hand troopers drag away and discard her body...her body shudders as she stares up, her vision going and her death gaze settling...realizing at last everything... her father, what she fought for, the Empire and herself were utterly worthless things without any meaning

It's happening.

The low-point of the trailer for me.

Looks like Iden is going to have a heart-to-hear with everybody's favourite orange Yoda.

Worst case scenario is that this causes Iden to reevaluate her moral compass and switch sides. I'm already unfavourable to the idea of Rebel Iden, but I am COMPLETELY opposed to Maz Kanata being the reason why.

edgy af
kys

Will we see Evaan too?

I was right in my prediction though, she appears to be here chasing Solo.

My theory is that she is hunting for Luke, and doesn't know that he is not currently with Han on the Falcon anymore.

There is LITERALLY nothing wrong with Iden defecting (assuming she does at all).

Here we have the climax of the game, and the Galactic Civil War. The game is easily worth the asking price to experience the Battle of Jakku alone, if you ask me. The Jakku battle was the highlight of Lost Stars and Empire's End for me, and everybody should get to experience the true final battle of the Empire.

I hope so!

I'm going to keep an eye (and ear) out for Rae Sloane and Ciena Ree too. Both seem very likely, given how much is being pulled from the comics and books for this game.

>30 years between ROTJ and TFA
Not likely

It's uninteresting and predictable

Orange Yoda is based. I can't wait to see her lightsaber fight with Snoke (Plagieus) in the next movie

Not really, it's cliche and fitting if anything.

By that logic Star Wars is bad in general because everything about it is predictable.

I would say Sloane is nearly a certainty to be in it.

We will definitely see ships that Ciena and Evaan will be on, but I am a little less certain we will see them in the flesh.

...lol
>"I've waited thirty years for this. I still remember my last orders. The day the real war began."
―Iden Versio

It's only predictable because it set the standard for storytelling and also you've seen it a billion times before

One last shot I find very interesting. It appears to be that Inferno Squad are LEAVING Naboo AFTER Operation: Cinder has started lasering the planet. This shot is followed by a shot of Hyperspace.

This makes me suspect that the ground battle comes first, and then Iden leaves for the comic to pick up with the space battle and Leia saving the day.

I'm not convinced though, as flicking through the comic, Leia doesn't SEEM to be acting as though a ground assault had just happened, they were mostly just focused on the storms being caused by Cinder. The previous shots of Naboo in the trailer also appear to show the city under siege and no heavy storms, which I would have guessed happens after the comic, but we will have to wait and see I guess.

>inb4 sawfags

who the fuck even is this bitch? why should anyone give a damn what she thinks? she's not a jedi, or a war hero, just some old fuck. i don't even know why she had a role in the force awakens

she is 1000 years old and friends with hondo and vizago

Or it's predictable because it's the standard Hero's Journey used a billion times throughout human literary history

>characters can only be interesting if they're jedi or war heros
kys yourself user

>friends with criminals

damn she sure is qualified to give advice on the force to jedi and moral ones to imperial officers

>star wars
>set the standard for storytelling
be honest user, how young are you?