I'm reading this right now

I'm reading this right now.

Tell me what you think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkd-P2vaIc4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Vladek only survived by being a jewish stereotype.

real talk though, which would you sooner let in your house. A cat or a mouse?

propaganda

There seems to be a lot more to the Spielmans’ lives after the war than what Art lets on, and some of it appears in his other works.

Really sad.

Only famous because its animals but also the holocaust

youtube.com/watch?v=dkd-P2vaIc4

I still need to read the 2nd vol (which most people say isn't as good as the first vol).
Still love the first volume and recommend any day of the week.

That a good thing or a bad thing?

Its okay if you ignore the extreme racism against polish people.

I like dogs more personally. But you do understand it's a metaphor for being preys right? You can't be that stupid user. I believe in you

Honestly? Vladek's story was entertaining, but Art's segments while he's writing the story were fucking boring. I get it, he had issues with his dad, I want to get back to the camps, I don't care that his dad is a racist or that he plays fucking bingo at a country club.

It was good, the drama, the stories, it played well with the rhythm of the comic.

Art really has some imagination : ^)

I thought one of the most important parts of the story was how Vladek, who lived through the Holocaust and had to endure antisemitism throughout his entire life, is still a piece of shit racist who accuses a black hitchhiker of stealing his groceries. I like that Spiegalman doesn't sugar coat things, his dad was a legitimately resourceful, brilliant survivor but at his core he's just as hateful and prejudiced as the nazis. And Art, who grew up with wealthy parents and never had to endure anything like Vladek did, can't stop bitching about how hard his own unimportant life is. The greatest lesson we can take from this book is that people are all selfish garbage.

personally I always take a moment each day to remember the 6 million.

I wonder why they would think that. I thought it was as good.
It's mainly about Vladek in Auschwitz.

I really enjoyed it. I remember the panels with the hanging mice, and the one where they're alone at the crossroads which stretch into a Swastika, having a real impact on me. I think the book has a lot to teach about comics even independent of its history.

every goi should read it! cus i was there at the holocaust and i myself was gassed over 6000000 and got a most TERRIBLE case of Fibromyalgia!

It’s an engaging story, just don’t go thinking it’s strongly rooted in reality.

OP here, I'm fairly new to comics. Anything similar to this style? Doesn't have to be holocaust related of course.

Very nice. I've always had a soft spot for old fiction though, so it may not appeal to everyone.

Hm... Usagi Yojimbo? Moomin?

If you mean a biography of historical events/tragedies
Look for books like this. Read like a college report on the events with visuals.

There are also biographies of famous people like Gary Gygax or the two for Andre the Giant.

By style, you mean the art or the story?

Persepolis

The book is the ultimate red pill

Imo you really need to read volume 2 to get anything close to closure. I like Vol 2 a lot more than 1, but it gets a bad rep because its more meta, less hand holding to the reader, and just generally not as pleb friendly.

>being this pleb

Art's midlife crisis+being a shit son is the best part of the story.

Read Maus vol 2.

Then read A Contract With God. Its amazing.

Contract with God is overrated garbage, though
Steranko did graphic novels better, but they are more noir

Pyongyang by Guy delisle might be up your alley.

Steranko is trash.

Lel, now that's a very rare salt
You can very well say that Kirby and Ditko are trash as well

A Contract with God

Japan did something about the Vietnam war with. Bunnies...

Beautiful work that isnt just about the holocaust but about his own personal life and relationship with his father and his own identity. Its more about Spiegelman than the Holocaust and its that personal touch that makes this a nice and touching story.

ironically the camps encouraged being a jewish stereotype

the generous and altruistic were rooted out, survivors only got by if they sold out their fellow man