If civil war did break out again. What is to stop major corporations from taking power?

If civil war did break out again. What is to stop major corporations from taking power?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_barges
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/inside-googles-secret-lab
eweek.com/cloud/slideshows/10-bold-google-x-projects-aiming-for-tech-breakthroughs.html
zdnet.com/article/google-x-lab-were-making-something-that-defies-gravity/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphabet_Inc.#Structure
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academi
securitydegreehub.com/30-most-powerful-private-security-companies-in-the-world/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The only thing Google has after the internet goes out is lots of money, with no other source of income. Probably the same with other internet based companies.

My guess is that we'd have to worry more about foreign powers fighting over distribution of our nuclear weapons.

Being shot

capital markets are the check to everything. if google does anything shady, investors, suppliers, and anybody else doing business with google can stop doing business with google.

>google
>an internet based company
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAH
They're into more secret research than you could possibly know. Also immense numbers of other shit including venture capital.

But becoming a dominate player and owning part a country is good for investors. Also it's kinda what all conservative wants to go back to the good old days. Where corporations owned whole cities.

>This

Also what power does google have over the standing armies and militias (or national guard). Their money alone can't stop real power

>being this naive
>implying they would do anything
Thats not how it works buddy. It's the reason 2008 happened.

You know google has armed drones right. They are used to hunt down porches in Africa. Also there are plenty of groups like Black Water that exist.

that requires people to look at the long-term effects of their actions. MBAs maximizing this quarter's profit, on the other hand, leads to Shadowrun and maximum evil.

People who go home work for them. People can be bought for a while. Its effective. However when them and their family's safety is questioned due to them being bought they think twice. Its a wonder, how all this shit goes down yet they make it to where its not quite bad enough to get people out into the streets.

What are they into anyway? Genetics and what else? Is Google IRL Umbrella?

they already have all the power

Sounds like the plot from Jericho.

Don't worry, I'll beat up the computer nerds for you, user.

>t.Walt

>implying they are not already in power

Corporations already have an army of lobbyists controlling Washington.

Google is kike cancer.

>Is Google IRL Umbrella
Basically yes
>secret research barges in international waters to whom any research ethics laws do not apply
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_barges
>Google X labs and myriads of super secret research initiatives
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/inside-googles-secret-lab
eweek.com/cloud/slideshows/10-bold-google-x-projects-aiming-for-tech-breakthroughs.html
zdnet.com/article/google-x-lab-were-making-something-that-defies-gravity/
>corporate structure of Alphabet Inc

I remember this, I started watching it and then stopped watching after the first season.

What was it like?

sounds like an ancap paradise

This is because 50% of "African American" is "American"

No they're not, Jewgoogle just wants you to think they are.

I want to watch the world end for the sole reason as I want to watch numales die like they cancer they are.

Their lack of an army.

Yeah those ex-cia they hire as security guards don't count at all.

>implying
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academi

Spoilers:

The corporations were really behind the nuclear attacks. (((They))) wanted to form a new US government without the 2nd amendment rights among other rights, and revising the history books.
The second season somewhat focused on finding evidence the corporations were behind the attacks.
The country was torn between following the old government and the new government by the corporations. Eventually, the evidence was found. A nuclear warhead, and the show ended with the start of the next American Civil War.

The show was ahead of its time.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of the barges and the "gravity defying" material.

If the U.S. goes into Civil War all the companies will try to end it as soon as possible as our currency will explode from inflation.

All that money is nice until you try to move it out of a war torn country.

>If civil war did break out again. What is to stop major corporations from taking power?

The 2nd amendment

By the way:
>google "google is umbrella"
>alphabet (abc.xyz) is one of the first hits
Really made me think. No, seriously.

They don't have military equipment and PMCs are all ex military and they're to few of them for the general population of gun owners not to take out with in hours.

It's not metal gear dude.

That's because Alphabet is an umbrella company.
Meaning they control a wide array of different companies. It's an actual term. It's where the fictional Umbrella Inc, got its name.

Google, or Alphabet (what a gay ass fucking name) is highly diversified, but does anything else they do outside of Google and Android actually make them any money?

To me it seems like Alpahbet is mostly an R&D company for which Goolge essentially funds, among other (((investors))) I'm sure.

your mom

Pretty hard to administer your rule on the counter when you're hanging from a tree and being used as bayonet practice for the new recruits.

We bomb their stuff.

Unless they hired James Bond, then yes, they don't count at all.

Academi provides training services for the US armed forces more than they offer straight up mercenaries. They couldn't field a mercenary army that would even match the numbers of ISIS. What makes you think they could actually take on even a small fraction of the US armed forces? The largest private military contracts are in the single digit billions, which is a figure that is absolutely dwarfed by even Canada, let alone the staggering budget of the US military.

Corporations can be very wealthy, but states exist because of their ability to monopolize the use of force. Private military companies do not come close to matching that scale.

In all seriousness though, they have could smear in shit most people that could lead after the happening.

>To me it seems like Alpahbet is mostly an R&D company
Google is a subset of Alphabet. Google X is the R&D company. They have a lot of cash flow from the other companies especisally from CapitalG and Fiber

They could hire any private merc company they want, and bribe the shit out of the Govt. I doubt theyd go directly against the military. More likely the military would be on their side.
securitydegreehub.com/30-most-powerful-private-security-companies-in-the-world/

It's a subsidiary, yes I'm well aware. Google is the cash cow. I'm saying that Google funds Alphabet, which is just a holding company for a bunch of subsidiaries, but google is the only one really making any money. The rest is bullshit like that robotics company, self driving cars, and other horseshit.

R&D is extremly important adn with their funding it's sure to find many commercial applications. As I said CapitalG and Fiber also make them a lot of money.

There's a good reason that major multinational companies thrive in stable governments and avoid conflict ridden areas, and that's because they rely on the state's monopoly on force in order to preserve their property rights. The largest multinational companies already do "bribe" the political class in America in the form of lobbying for favorable regulations.

Many shit poor African nations are abundantly wealthy in natural resources, yet no powerful corporation has been able to "take over" whether in name or stealthily, even in cases of civil war.

You can buy muscle to a certain extent, but how do you prevent the muscle from just taking from you? Even when developing countries decide to nationalize their oil industries, against the interests of extremely powerful and wealthy oil companies, they can't do shit. As a means of coercion and concentration of power, force maintains its primacy over wealth.

So in the event of a civil war in the United States, it is not that the military will be on the side of the corporations. More likely, it is the corporations that will seek out pockets of stability within which they can more safely conduct their business and maintain their wealth.

>yet no powerful corporation has been able to "take over"
>what is China?
>what is Shell?

>implying corporations dont already control the US government
You're going about this all wrong friendo

I have guns and ammo and they don't. What are they going to do? Throw money and phone apps at me?

We all know who's going to be arming both sides and giving loans to both sides.

They have money. Money can buy guns, and people to hold the guns.

Getting gunned down by McMercenaries is more likely than you'd think if public order does collapse.

I literally said that multinational companies already exert significant control over the American political class.

China is not a fucking multinational corporation. It is exactly a state actor with a powerful military. Even still, the investments it is making in Africa are not without risk, exactly because many African nations do not have particularly stable governments or are afflicted by chronic conflict. China is specifically trying to make these countries more stable to secure future returns on their investments.

Tell me, what is Shell? If a nigger country decided to kick them out, Shell could not do shit about it. It would just suck for the niggers because they don't have the domestic expertise to extract, refine, and export oil themselves.

The fact is that corporations are most powerful in stable and peaceful nations.

Let's go a bit back in time, ever heard of the East India Company?

>If a nigger country decided to kick them out, Shell could not do shit about it.
Except they cant kick it out because they control the government.
>The fact is that corporations are most powerful in stable and peaceful nations.
What the fuck does that have to do with anything?
The takeover already happened whilst you werent looking. There would be no need fo the companies to take over because they already have.

Nothing, and if there's a power void they will.

>what's to stop major corporations from taking power?

user has US flag
>doesn't realize current gov is a corporation

Yeah, you mean a company that literally had its own standing private armies as well as qualitatively superior military technology than the states they subjugated? That seems like a similar situation to a civil war in modern day America.

Except they have. Tanzania nationalized many of its industries upon independence. Under Mugabe, Zimbabwe has nationalized its food distribution industries among others, Nigeria nationalized its oil companies, as did Libya. Those are just examples I can think of in Africa, but there are other instances of poor countries like Bolivia and Venezuela nationalizing their natural resources.

It has to do with the topic at hand, which is whether or not corporations would take over in the event of civil war in America. My point is that they wouldn't. They have an easier time taking over America if there isn't a civil war.

My point is that private companies managed to have considerable military power in the past and they'll surely find a way to achieve that again in the future given the right circumstances, leaf.

Sure, that's fair enough. Don't think that's likely in the current circumstances.

I'd be more worried about foreign governments funding and arming different segments of the American population. Seems that proxy wars are all the rage post-WWII.

>Implying they aren't already in control

Embrace the revolution comrade.

Amendment #2