>ugly ass recoloring
>censorship
>no omnibus
>Gaiman run never
Shameful display

>>censorship
Details on this?

they censored the word Nigger in the London fight

In perfect Marvel fashion, they censored some swear words, but kept all the gore and stuff on the same page.

NIGGER was replaced with N-----

It's annoying and nonsensical no doubt, but its not really as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be. You can still very clearly tell that KM was saying nigger. It's not like they replaced the word with something less offensive. If KM said something like "Didn't I see an African American around here?" then it would be really bad. As it is it just seems silly.

It's just disappointing. You hear it's going to be reprinted you're thinking there's gonna be a nice big omnibus collecting it, instead we get this fucking botched retelling.

The " Original Writer" thing is because of the tangled legal issues of Miracleman. The weird story is that for years the rights were a forgery. When Warrior first started publishing Moore's story they never got the rights from the original creator, they just started publishing it. So they sold the rights to Eclipse, then the rights were purchased by McFarlane ( the real source of the Gaiman-Marvel /Angela legal issues). It was during this legal dispute that the truth came out, none of the previous three owners of Miracleman ever legally owned him.

Moore was so disgusted to learn he had done work on a stolen property he wanted his name removed and had all the royalties from the reprints given to the original creator's family.

They also censored the nudity.

GODDAMMIT MARVEL GIVE US GAIMAN'S RUN

I 100% agree with this. The hardcovers we got are not great quality, they are padded with a shitton of bonus material that is alright but not incredible, and they are extremely overpriced.
And I'm still convinced we will get an omnibus in a couple years just so that Marvel can wring every last drop of cash out of this property.

Did they? I read the reprinted hardcovers and the childbirth scene is still intact.

No, they didn't. They released "Parental Advisory" and non-PA issues. The PA issues didn't censor the nudity. Hell, I've never even SEEN the censored versions in the wild so I have no idea where they were even being sold. Maybe they were the digital versions, which resulted in the rips being censored which meant that people that pirated the comic instead of buying it got the censored versions?

That's really the only thing I can think of that would explain it, because I've never seen a physical copy that was censored, but I don't buy digital.

when are silver and dark age coming out?

i dont want to ready any miracleman until it's all complete

>when are silver and dark age coming out?
Never

I just picked up the first issue of the Moore reprints. Did I make a mistake? I don't mind the new coloring

It ended with Moore, everything else is a cashgrab, his ending is perfect.

Really? Based Moore.

Welp, deleting the folder right now. Lucky that I have the MiracleScans edition.

It's a big deal because the work should be published mostly as-is. The coloring I would have less of a problem with if most modern colorists weren't ass but the coloring in the original Miracle Man is shit too so it's a wash though I'd prefer it as unaltered as possible.

That extends to the rest of the art and the writing. Don't censor that shit.

>missing out on Gaiman's Golden Age
wew

Silver Age is a mixed bag as a result of it being, y'know, unfinished, but Golden Age's 6 one-shots are all brilliant.

To be honest, the Marvel coloring is better than the Eclipse coloring for the first few issues, because the early Eclipse coloring was fucking garbage. Also, it's not like you can get physical copies of Miracleman any other way barring spending a fortune on the original floppies.

Yeah, it ain't perfect and there was no reason to recolor the latter half of the issues since those were fine as is, plus some people prefer the more "psychedelic" coloring of the eclipse versions (though, again, color palette aside, the original coloring was just genuinely bad on a technical level for the first handful of issues).

So yeah, you did good. They're a bit overpriced and the recoloring is questionable at points, but hopefully them selling will get the message across to Marvel and/or Gaiman that they need to fucking release Silver/Dark Age already.

That clearly says gaiman on the cover.

So is this fucking comic never getting finished anyway?

They've published Gaiman's run up until the end of The Golden Age, then it suddenly stopped because Gaiman and Buckingham don't really give much of a shit about Miracleman anymore and put the project on the backburner for a good year and a half. They've both insisted they're back on it now and are working on it, but I doubt we'll see anything any time soon.

>Moore was so disgusted to learn he had done work on a stolen property he wanted his name removed and had all the royalties from the reprints given to the original creator's family.

So, CC Beck?

Marvel should get those Gaiman stories out to earn back some goodwill with fans and critics

Neil Gaiman is an old white man, he is now problematic

So is Bendis but he's their poster boy

I bought a run of the original comics for $150 and Marvel announced they were bringing back Miracleman two months after. Almost sold my set, but man, glad I didn't. I only downloaded the first two issues, but none of it inspired me to actually put down real money for the actual product.

I don't get whats going on, Has Gaiman ever said himself that he's actually going to continue his run on Marvel?

That bland generic coloring on the new editions
Fuck my life.

Yes.

Why are capefags so anti-black and white? If weeaboos can handle it, the most retarded cape fan can do it too.

Where can i get the black and white versions on proper quality? i've only found shitty ones.

No idea, I meant it as in why isn't old stuff re-released in black and white more often, moreso in this case where it was fucking black and white to begin with.

So many silver/bronze age stuff would look so much better in black and white than with the shitty recolors that completely flatten the art. See the Neal Adams stuff, for instance. His art looks awful recolored.

Triple digits.

I got you covered

Fucking gorgeous.

Replaced Faggot with Fairy

>that kino Andy Warhol issue

>Somebody thought this needed color

And I'm done again.

I posted Yesterday Gambit and 5 pages of Gainman's unpublished Miracleman 25 here though:

Yeah, but those covers are awesome famalam. Also, I don't like reading comics online

Not that user, but I'm a thoroughgoing capefag and I fucking love black and white comics.

Although black and white seems contraindicated for most cape bookc.

Early issues had nudity censored on the digital issues (physical issues still had the nudity).

That said, the only major fuck up production-wise is that issue #14's final pages had several panels of Kid Miracleman dialogue (where he spares the nurse who was nice to him, then comes back and bashes his fist into her head) blurred and smudged to the point that you can't read it. Ironically the issue in question reprints the ENTIRE story in B&W inked form in the back of it, where the dialogue is intact and readable, which was Marvel's overall excuse for NOT rushing out a corrected version of the single issue version of the issue (they fixed it for the HC though).

Sure, you could say I'm a capefag too, but I'm talking about the average one.