Hopeless may do some horrible retcon to Morrison's New X-Men next week

preview of Jean Grey 8

NO! DAMMIT HOPELESS YOU LEAVE THE BEST ERA OF X-MEN ALONE

>Hopeless may do some horrible retcon to Morrison's New X-Men
It happens in her head. You can't retcon shit in your head

Good. Morrison sucked.

you can "uncover" something Emma "did" in Morrison's run that she kept secret and unpublished in comics. That thing she did would be the retcon.

Betting it's gonna be that she brainwashed Scott into loving her and then brainwashed Jean, too.

she couldnt brainwash Jean, Jean is stronger than her, especially with the Phoenix, and Jean abused Emma very easily in that run.

The brainwash Scott part could be true.

I some am glad we're ripping off plot points from Inception. Original thoughts are actually illegal.

to be honest, The Brood were Aliens, Inferno was Ghostbusters, and many more examples. With Claremont you could guess what he was watching on tv from his comics.

I don't really mind. It's a more interesting form of psychic combat than staring at each other hard

It's subterfuge and infiltration

So basically just do what they did to Xavier when they needed to make Emma look good

That's not the Outback era.

I don't understand what the big deal is. Nothing here looks suspicious.

that was done for Vulcan, because for some reason they must have thought he was a great idea and we would love the third Summers brother. Uncanny X-Men became a space adventures book after that, and iirc, Havok, Polaris and Rachel were in space for years.

What they did for Emma was to depower Charles in M Day.

good
Morrison was horrible for the X-Men

>caring about the sanctity of the Morrison era

Oh no, he might make some of the shifty background characters less awful! Or make it so that prejudice isn't just a fucking headcold!

Fuck morrison

Good

daily reminder that Anti-Morrison fags would have prefered the utter shit late 90s comics to continue, and would have bought them.
pic related

Morrison is the best thing to have happened to the X-Men since Claremont.

Yes, but if you just keep pretending that Fantomex and Quentin Quire are better characters than anything Lee & Kirby or Claremont or anyone else created for the X-Men, if you keep pretending that Beak, the Cuckoos and the Omega Gang are great characters, one day Morrison might go to prom with you.

>shit 90s comics
>Claremont

But he was the source of the worst of 90s X-Men.

Nothing. I guess Jean still was in the Morrison Xmen and maybe 90s Xmen.

fantomex is better than Angel and Iceman. he is used because people want to use him, not out of a sense of moral obligation and respect for the run that was cancelled before Claremont.

What does Morrison's penis taste like, user?

Claremont left the X-Men in 1991. Scott Lobdell was the one running both main titles for most of the 90's

>Lee & Kirby

Silver Age X-Men was shit and we all know it. The Sentinel issue is the only thing redeemable, it's the weakest of all the Lee/Kirby books tied with Avengers.

I swear to god if they literally wipe away the Emma/Scott relationship I will genuinely never pick up an X-Men book again. I mean, I haven't read any of this shit since AvX, but I at least entertained the idea of returning once Marvel got back into shape.

Not mentioning Cockrum or Len Wein

sigh

Silver Age X-Men is fun, something Morrison's X-Men never even attempts to be, and the core characters weren't bad, and they developed and improved over time, while writers keep using Morrison's characters but they remain one-note assholes for life.

>With Claremont you could guess what he was watching on tv from his comics
and what on TV was he watching for Jean in the Hellfire Club because I don't remember a show about bondage clubs on network television at that time

can I reheat my lunch next to this burn

>once Marvel got back into shape.
I am fine with the events currently unfolding

He's british, so he got to see episodes of the Peel & Steed Avengers that Americans didn't, which DID feature the Hellfire club.

It threatens to be something, though. And with Hopeless, that's enough. It's not like the man has written good series before.

good issues, maybe, but not good series.

Cable and X-Force was good

It was more "Average and Innofensive" to me.

Which probably makes it his overall best.

This.

lol

>especially with the Phoenix
Jean IS the Phoenix at this point. Jean and the Phoenix Force are essentially one in the same.

That was a good run you fag. If you want bad X-Force read the run that comes after it (not the Milligan/Allred stuff).

I like the New X-Men era of the X-Men a lot but I don't like Morrison's actual run due to it being one giant meta commentary on how droll he finds the X-Men.

and Teen Jean didn't gaywash Bobby

>Roy Thomas & Neal Adams' X-Men
>Shit

kys

>if they literally wipe away the Emma/Scott relationship
their relationship was already dead, after AvX Scott finds Emma repulsive and wouldn't touch her

>using John Moore's X-Force as an example of shitty 90s X-Men
Shame on you.

>fantomex is better than Angel and Iceman.
We get m8, whatever Morrison regurgitates is delicious to you.

I agree. I liked that series.

Not that poster, but I used to be a big X-Men reader (mainly Claremont's stuff and a reasonable amount of 90s stuff) and Iceman is a lame as fuck character, I'm not saying Fantomex is better, but Iceman sucks.

Anyone trying to say Angel sucks is a douche! Warren is best boy! And probably the only member of the O5 I actually give half a fuck about.

It's funny because it's not even that difficult to find an example of a terrible late-1990s X-book that even the most die-hard fans would struggle to defend.

>Posts page from a run people actually liked instead.

Was this page somehow the first result for "X-Men 1990s" on some search engine?

A part of Cyclops' psyche has been trapped inside Emma's head all this time!
The part that has the capacity to be wrong

And Northstar is a fairy who comes from the land of the elves.

>X-roadtrip not fun
REEEEEEEEEEEee I will fight you

To be honest, I liked Quire in Morrison's run. He was a cocky bastard but his character had potential and all of it was ruined when they brought him back as if he had never disappeared. All the plot points he offered went out in a puff of smoke.

My bad, it looks like shit Claremont actually didn't start until 2000 and I misremembered.

Claremont after he came back was fucking awful, and continued to be awful, for like a decade.

His Jean Grey book has been pretty good so far

The blithering incompetence of jean in the first issue and the fact that it's YET ANOTHER Phoenix story turned me off.

goddamnit, Jean needs something else. This is getting "Let's rehash Raven and Trigon!" tier dull.

There's a reason Marvel are paying him to not write anything, user.

Yeah, the main X-Men books post-O:ZT are pretty bad. Kelly and Seagle leaving because editorial was actually writing the books, Alan Davis with bullshit like evil Cerebro and The Twelve (probably more editorial stuff) plus Claremont ghost writing things until his second, awful run. That late '90s pre-revamp era is pretty wretched for the main books but X-Force was fine, Generation X was... well not fine for a bit since Hama came after O:ZT but got better under Faerber though too little too late.

Impossible.
They killed Trigon. He was dead back in the 80's. They brought him back in the 00's without even trying to explain how it happened.
There was a massive plot-point about how Raven was the only child he had, because the work they had to do to have her was insane. She was one of a kind. Now she has a dozen siblings.
They've gone back to that well in Johns' Titans, Winick's Titans, and Lobdell's Titans. Jean and the Phoenix has never been that awful.

Yeah well... uh... I actually lot track of what we mean right now. Was Northstar's fairyness retconned out? What about Aurora? Should we still consider him a legit fairy even if Marvel retconned it?

I thought people liked his Nightcrawler run enough?

If you think Quire is bad during the Aaron era then I urge you stay away from Generation X because Strain's basically all but outright made Quire gay for Benjamin Deeds. In fact of the five male characters in the book three of them are involved in what's obviously intended to be a love triangle (Morph likes Hindsight, Quire has the hots for Morph, Hindsight may or may not like Morph), she's started shipping Chamber with Jubilee (meh) and I think is setting up Eye-Boy and Nature Girl (who cares about Aaron trash). So yes the guy who started an anti-human riot at the school to try and impress a girl he had a crush on a girl is actually gay now for a Bendis OC.

Generation X is an awful book. I can't remember if the Fenris Twins were incestual or not or if it was all just implied subtext but she also makes them fairly openly incestual now too.

>bullshit like evil Cerebro

Thank god they never brought THAT back.

>I thought people liked his Nightcrawler run enough?

I did. Other than the sister being brought back again.

Danger is just a badly designed character in comparison, yet she's the one who stuck.

We're gettin' there. Give it time.

They were incestuous in thunderbolts (or at least implicitly)

Claremont hardly used Iceman at all, but Lobdell was probably Iceman's best writer. If you didn't like that, looks like you just don't like Bobby and never will.