I hate bojack horseman so much without even seeing it...

I hate bojack horseman so much without even seeing it, i was arguing with my friend about the message of "pickle rick" nad how important it is, and he said bojack is better, "because it's about about depression and how sad and useless life is", and rick and morty "is just about being funny and clever with no substance", I want to shoot him in the face... is this fucking anthropomorphic horse show actually worth watching?i watched the pilot and was super bored

As a character, I care about Bojack more than I care about Rick or Morty.

Try to be less obvious with you bait next time. This is now a dapper cat thread

you have to have a high IQ to appreciate it. higher than even Rick and Morty require. you sure you qualify OP? are you a true intellectual?

Bojack is Rick if he wasn’t a scientist. Basically the same character.

But Bojack actually wants to be a better person, while Rick is a slave of his own ego.

>But Bojack actually wants to be a better person
If that were true, he would have accomplished his goal by now.

Have you accomplished all of your goals user?
Plus, it would end up being a boring story if he did become a good person.

Not really. Change is hard and people usually pick the status quo over it. Why do you think so many New Years Resolutions go unresolved? That doesn't mean people don't try.

>Have you accomplished all of your goals user?
I’m already a decent person. Being a good person isn’t hard. Just stop being selfish. That’s something you learn naturally as an adult.

Bojack is one of those shows you got to get into, somewhat a bit too real with darker emotions, say it's starts hitting off after episode 7. I'm not too fond of Rick and Morty because while some moments shine it relies too heavily on shock humour that kids enjoy, even though it's supposed to be catering towards the adult demographic, which is probably the opposite of funny clever but meh. I wouldn't say Bojack horseman is about how sad and useless life is, more to do with how the characters see it that way because it's going the route of the stupid shit you do will have consequences.

He is a horrible person and he will never change because the horseman line is rotten to the core, but he does get occasional pangs of guilt and realizations of aforementioned shittiness. Those can just as well be explained away with bipolarity, which means doesn't want to be a good person, just for people to like him.

You don't get out much, do you? Just think about how many people you know, either personally or not, that you would not consider as a decent person. While it might be easy to be a good person, sometimes it feels like it's easier to be a shitty person, and a lot of people seem to take the easier option.

What is up with people despising or liking shows based on how it compares to Rick and Morty?

Even if this post is bait, this is actually happening. Bojack has recently spiked because people think it is comparable to Rick and Morty and the same thing happened with Xavier: Renegade Angel

Just cause something is happening doesn't mean you should give it attention.

because people like to spite shit they don't like and it's easy to use other series as ammunition

You're right but thankfully posting it on a Sup Forums thread is about as minimal as my attention towards it gets.

First 2 seasons are okay but season 3 is too depressing. After that it's hard to enjoy other seasons.

hmm

It is a preachy adult version of Regular show, but I musty admit, it had made me laugh from time to time.

Season 4 is super depressing but it has a happy ending that makes it all worth it.

I fucking hate Ruby Gloom and I spam every time i remember it, I have been busy lately though, following seismic patterns.

The big one is coming mate, and NONE shall escape!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Would Duckman be more popular if it aired today? Was it too much before it's time?

Too preachy.

>duckman is too preachy
>while Rick "BUUUURP GOD IS DEAD" and Morty isn't

>"GOD IS DEAD LIFE IS POINTLESS WUBALUBADUBDUB"

vs

>"And when you think about it, isn't that exactly the point? Parking. And driving. And shopping. And eating. And working. Somewhere, somehow, they're different now, none of 'em are the same, they all got chewed up and spit back out, and they don't taste like living anymore! Don't you see what it's like in this deranged Waring Blender of a world?! Every day is an agonizing ordeal, like balancing a pot of scalding water on your head while people whip your legs and butt! You think I'm "SICK"?! Well the only disease I've got is "Modern Life," a schnutbusting gauntlet of inefficiency and misery that's one long parade of let-downs, put-downs, trickle downs, shutouts, freezeouts, sell-outs, numnuts, nimcompops and nimrods, all making every day as much fun as waxing a flaming Pontiac with your tongue, where even if you do luck into the possibility of some fleeting pleasure, like, say, if some nymphomaniac telephone operators with the muscle control of Rumanian mat-slappers agree to a little Strip Air Hockey, it'll be over before it starts 'cuz some vowel-lacking, feta-reeking cab-jockey slams his Checker up your hatchback and the cab is owned by some pinata spanker from a Santeria cult in Xoacalpa who starts shaking chicken bones at you and gives you a boil on your neck so big all it needs is Michael Jordan's autograph to make it complete, and even with all this with ALL THIS I still drag my sorry butt off the Sealy every morning and stick my face in the reaping machine for one more day, knowing when it's time to flash the cosmic card key at those Pearly Gates, I won't be in the coffin anyway cuz some underhanded undertaker sold my heart, pancreas and other assorted Good N' Plenty to that same Santeria cult! So does anybody really wonder why ANYBODY is hanging onto sanity by the atoms on the tips of their fingernails while life dirty-dances on their digits, and is it really any wonder that I seem DERANGED?!"

Rick revels in being a genocidal demigod, Bojack whines about how much he hates himself when he forgets to buy milk. The only similarities between them are one suicide attempt and not being nice.

Yeah, it is. Rick and Morty didn't start monologing until it's third season.
Duckman has a monologue twice per episode.

Still a great show though. I wouldn't say it's ahead of it's time as much as the 2010's have just become the 90's 2.0: Internet Edition. The general feeling of cynicism was highly prevalent in the early/mid 90's and Duckman capitalized on it.

Mfw I know Steven Universe is the good drama.

Rick is only atheist maybe 1% of an episode, maybe 5% of an entire season, you guys just believe the meme too much. It's funny unless you actually believe the show is actually like that.

this board fucking sucks now.

(Insert copypasta)

OP is bait but lets put it like this: when you watch R&M, you watch it for the wacky sci-fi improv. When you watch BJH, you watch it to see the characters get it right in life for once, and be happy for them.

He's actually been making some progress in season 4.

/thread

Yes, I love it when major plot points that have been forshadowed for entire seasons is put on hold to have 10 straight episode focused on comedy that isn't funny just for it all the drama that has been hyped up to end anti-climatically in three 11 minute episodes.

Also when I watch Bojack I think "Wow, we sure really need more fucking Todd episodes".

This thread would probably be better if it was discussed by people who actually watched the show they dislike so much.

>I’m already a decent person. Being a good person isn’t hard. Just stop being selfish. That’s something you learn naturally as an adult.

The fact that you lack the understanding that this can be a difficult thing for people to grapple with and that their understanding of "selfish" might be tied into any number of apparatuses that are invisible to them kinda implies that you lack the basic empathy to be a "decent person" and instead hold yourself up as a golden standard of living, or at least a person who can be used as a metric for decency -- thus selfish.

It's a deliberate hyperbole used to point out that any answers R&M gives to the viewers about ethical questions it poses are extremely shallow and mostly for humorous or shock effect.

Probably because it was never supposed to be anything more than a back to the future parody that dealt with science fiction and associated popular culture tropes. At that it's a completely competent show, someone might even dare say good. The only reason anyone even bitches about it on Sup Forums is because it got too popular.

>I hate bojack horseman so much without even seeing it
Apart from a few really annoying characters, yes, it's good. Don't focus too much on the depression aspect though, there is more to this show than just "bleh I'm sad".

>being a good person is too hard you just dont understand

>Comparing Bojack to SU

Being a good person is hard when you have mental problems, which you claim not to have, yes.

Bojack is not just ridden with sentimental problems, he is actually clinically depressed. A few of his fuck ups happen because he thinks he can power through it and just stop being sad by wishing it really hard. Most of the characters suffer from mental problems related and exacerbated by their lifestyle and past choices and the show makes a point of showing them being trapped in a cycle in which they are comstantly destroying themselves.

So you're telling me that you genuinely don't think there's anyone out there who's suffered enough abuse or been raised in such a toxic environment that being a "decent person" is genuinely difficult for them, despite their best efforts?