Watchmen fans, I need your help

Watchmen fans, I need your help.

What's the best way to read it (if you weren't just going to pirate it)?

Absolute, Artifact, Deluxe, Annotated or Collectors Edition with HC single-issues.

Other urls found in this thread:

capnwacky.com/rj/watchmen/chapter1.html
watchmex.wikia.com/wiki/WatchmeX_Time_Line
ebay.co.uk/itm/WATCHMEN-DC-Comics-Graphitti-Alan-Moore-Dave-Gibbon-1987-3rd-Printing-Hardback-/263233411488?hash=item3d49ef19a0:g:88kAAOSw3v5YtMJl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just pick one, bitch.

Absolute or just the hc tpb.

Buy doomsday clock.

>Buy doomsday clock.
No

>not supporting the industry
How dare you?

It's gonna be better.

Read the trade, and here:
>capnwacky.com/rj/watchmen/chapter1.html
Annotated shit for read-along.

Slow your horses, user. I have faith it'll be good, but better? You're pushing it there.

Sure thing user.

Pirated.

What the fuck is wrong with buying it as the original edition as it was intended to be read? If babby needs anotations and special edition stuff to get thru a read then you're not the intended audience of the book. If you read it and either really like it and/or have questions then buy whatever supplementary material you think will satisfy you.

Absolute, but since that's nigh impossible now, I'm quite content with my hardcover, even if it's a shame that it doesn't have the iconic cover on the dust jacket.

Go to the library and read whatever they have.

Annotated, I want to read the author's thoughts behind something.
HC singles seems stupid to me.

You mean single issue floppies? :^)

>Absolute, Artifact, Deluxe, Annotated or Collectors Edition with HC single-issues.

What's the fucking difference?

Read through it.
Read through it again.
Read through it again, with annotations.
Read through it again.
Repeat as necessary.

Absolute is larger and in colour.
Artifact is larger than that but in black and white.
Annotated is annotated regular edition? I don't think it's out yet.
Collectors Edition is the single floppies, but each one is in hard-back, etc.

Man DC did everything to keep this in print, huh? OP should just read absolute I guess

Kek

Go for Absolute. If you can't find it or it's too expensive, just get the trade or the og issues. As long as you read the original comic you dont really need anything else

The correct answer is the out-of-print Graffiti Designs editions that can be had for around $30 on eBay. It's a beautiful hardcover, normal comic-sized, with all the same extras as the (original print) Absolute edition, including Moore's notes that have since been censored because they talk about how the whole point of the book is Watchmen's universe should only have one writer. I've owned 5 different editions of WM and it's by far the best.

Or just hold out for the edition that includes all the issues of WatchmeX.

>hc tpb
Doomsday Clock fans, everybody

what is this

>Supporting a shit product
How dare you?

a meme

I just got the paperback is that ok?

Also the artifact isn't the whole story, just random pages of original art that Gibbons could still access.

I mean, I GUESS

A previously funny meme based on the absurd notion of making a sequel to Watchmen.

watchmex.wikia.com/wiki/WatchmeX_Time_Line

>>Good joke.
>>Everybody laugh.

This has to be one of the most uncomfortable comic panels ever.

Uncomfortable in what way?

Hahaha, how silly. A sequel to Watchmen done by shallow grimdark shitheads? Hilarious!

I... I mean I’m on a budget and it’s a solid paperback and I’m already saving for other books

>Graffiti Designs

Is that what they are actually listed as, because Ebay is coming up with nothing. They sound good and not over-priced. I like the Absolute editions and all but they are just too fucking big.

>$30

Holy fuck. If 'Graphitti Watchmen HC' is the right term, I think the price might have risen just a little. £190-280 before shipping.

Thanks user. I've been wondering the same as the OP, and just managed to snap the only one on Ebay for under $50. No dust cover and a bit of wear on the outer spine, but the fact the price doubled up to the next nearly-new version and then into the hundreds of dollars mean I can overlook that.

I am so sorry user. I just bought the cheapest one because I was also wondering.

I will user! I want to see Superman and Manhattan debate.

>ebay.co.uk/itm/WATCHMEN-DC-Comics-Graphitti-Alan-Moore-Dave-Gibbon-1987-3rd-Printing-Hardback-/263233411488?hash=item3d49ef19a0:g:88kAAOSw3v5YtMJl

This the right one? It says Graffii Designs on the title, but it looks different to the more expensive versions. Think it will have the extras?

>Nigh-impossible

Seems to still be available for retail on Ebay.

Yes. Every collection you can buy has all the issues collected. You get the full story with all of them.

But I assume not 'Before Watchmen'? That seems more modern and the art more film-based. How much Watchmen material is there, anyway? Just the original and Before? Trying to catch up before Doomsday Clock.

>Trying to catch up before Doomsday Clock.
Then don't read anything besides The Button. Watchmen is a waste of time.

>Before Watchmen

You don't need to read those, some would argue the Azzarello ones aren't even canon. You need Watchmen #1-12 which is collected in every edition of Watchmen you can buy. Johns said Doomsday Clock will have no connection to Before Watchmen.

International

Already bought this Will that version have all the extras? I mean I guess I'll find out, I just don't want to be too disappointed. It seems to be an earlier printing/different version, even if still Graphitti.

>Buy doomsday clock.
God no

What's special about International?

I'll buy the trades. One day. Once I've finished my post-crisis collection, which could take years. and cherry picked N52 and Rebirth books.

Fuck floppies though.

Go on eBay and purchase the original comics. You can find them all in good condition for under 50$.