Tropes You Hate

>character is entirely devoted to accomplishing one task
>they finally get to accomplish task
>character doesn't follow through because of muh life will be meaningless bullshit

>antagonist gets an episode where he/she blends in to society for whatever reason
>most of the episode revolves around the antagonist "befriending" another MC only to backstab them at the end

>character A fucks over character B
>character B never gets revenge

>IN ENGLISH, PLEASE!!!!

>character that is hyped up to be incredibly powerful for most of the series never gets a proper, full-length fight

>two friends have their relationship strained near the end of the second act/at the start of the final act for stupid shit and inevitably get back together at the end

>punching bag of the show very rarely, if ever, succeeds

>character refers to themselves as a god

>Character slaughters tons of minions
>Defeats the bad guy
>"It wouldn't be worth it to kill you"

>most of the episode revolves around the antagonist "befriending" another MC only to backstab them at the end
God dammit. Why did the kung fu panda show have to be such a slave to dtatus quo. I wanted the duck to get with the scorpion.

>2 male best friends as main characters in school
>they're both losers
>the deuteragonist is always uglier and more annoying
>only exists to make the MC look better by comparison

Name ONE movie that does this

Spider-Man Homecoming

To be fair one of the like two decent episodes in the TMNT 2003 shitty "Tast Forward" season had this exact premise and it was pretty rad.

>I ALREADY KNOW WHAT I AM, I AM A SCORPION!

>villain is about to fall to a certain death
>main good character catches their hand at the last second
>"After all i did to you... why are you saving me?"

Monster House.
ParaNorman is another one.

Just the ones that immediately came to mind because of the season. They're more common in cartoons as animated films usually stray from regular cartoon patterns.

Typically the male deuteragonist has these qualities
-fatter
-red hair
-shorter
-black skin
-glasses

Or some kind of mixture.

It's mostly tv series that do this.

>bully gets a free pass to make everyone's life around him miserable just because he has a shitty personal life

Yeah but I wanna watch how the antagonist acts on an average day on the town. Do they go to the bar and get buzzed while lamenting on the current happenings of the show? Do they pickpocket people? Do they cause a riot in the town square? The possibilities are endless, which makes it lame as hell when the plot of the episode then revolves around them being buddy-buddy with another character before inevitably turning against them.

>Jocks are assholes but geeks are bros

Sup Forums thought me that geeks can be even bigger assholes

>you missed

>I wasn't aiming for you

>character is entirely devoted to accomplishing one task
>they finally get to accomplish task
>character doesn't follow through because of muh life will be meaningless bullshit

Fun fact: This happens in He-Man, but an old storyboard shows that it wasn't supposed to. Originally, the villain does fall to his death and both He-Man and Battle Cat couldn't care less.
Presumably this was considered too dark and/or out of character.

>>character is entirely devoted to accomplishing one task
>>they finally get to accomplish task
>>character doesn't follow through because of muh life will be meaningless bullshit

This is more Sup Forums but in the latest Tales game, I really like how Velvet went through with her revenge even after the whole villain tragic backstory reveal

>vegan bitch is the voice of reason

>Main heroes are young 2kewl freedom fighters
>Villain is an evil businessman/politician

Motor City and Batman Beyond are the only ones I can think of that survive this trope's shiftiness.

>boys vs girls episode

Real life taught me that geeks were the biggest assholes.

>a girl that is suppose to be ugly actually is the most attractive female in the show

creepy susie is the same thing

They’re both faggots.

yeah but one is fat, what makes him less good-looking than the MC

>Male lead and female lead start out as just friends.
>Later in the series they develop feelings for each other out of no where.

Also...
>It adds nothing of value to the series or either character.

Sometimes pairing the mains works for me Star and Marco and sometimes it really doesn't Coulson and May.

I want to say that it comes down to how valid the "out of nowhere" objection is, but that might be a little disingenuous.

It works for Star and Marco because Star Vs the Forces of Evil is practically a romance genre series. Star and Marco's relationship is very important to the show.

How many cartoons actually let the hero kill mooks though? When I think of a franchise where people ignore the deaths of extras and only care when a named character is in peril the first thing that comes to mind is Pirates of the Caribbean

I haven't followed the show since around halfway through season 1 but Marco's school friends in Star Vs seem like a pretty extreme example

It's funny how most shows that do it either pair up the MC with a dark skinned guy with glasses or a shorter fatter redhead, but this show did both at the same time.

>character is a "cool" animal like a lion, tiger, eagle, wolf, etc.
>always turns out to be a wuss or asshole

>Villain made super powerful weapon, strong enough to destroy the hero
>uses it
>suspense arises since the villain can legitimately win
>just joking, some overblown deus ex mahina happens, and villain loses
>never uses this weapon again

>MC has a pretty looking chick that likes him and is ready to do everything for his acknowledgement
>He still passes on her for arrogant school beauty.

Aang sunk a lot of fire nation ships during the north water tribe invasion, even before he merged with the ocean spirit

>implying those animals aren't assholes in nature

>misterious masked person is actually a chick

>villain crafts near-perfect plan that would absolutely wreck heroes
>some completely unforseen even like a new guest character or an unlikely coincidence manages to foil the plan
>villain doesn't just try the exact same thing again a week later even though the heroes have no consistent defense against it

Ducks are sex predators in nature, but that didn't stop Donald Duck.

Besides, I'm sick of dorky/whiny protagonists.

unfortunally, dorky/whiny protagonists will always be more proeminent in any kind of media because they're more relatable, even when they are forgettable or annoying

>final confrontation between villain and main cast
>villain details their motivations and the logic behind their plan, now that it has been discovered
>it's actually a reasonable argument and the villain has made a strong case for themselves
>main cast does not address any of this and instead launches into a haughty lecture about friendship/love/justice
However, I take it back if the villain actually succeeds because the main cast's hasty, intuitive "logic" demonstrated here is the same that has lead to them making a massive oversight which the villain has quietly exploited for this final plan. And the villain actually succeds because of it.

Why is this bad?

Ever notice that Male Leads usually have Brown or Black Hair?

Very rarely do you actually see a Blonde Male Protagonist

To be fair, she's supposed to be ugly to 12 year old boys. Wait until they hit puberty.

Not OP I think it's overused sometimes. Maybe it was intuitive when Samus was revealed to be a chick, but now there's no real reason for an audience to be surprised to find a girl on a suit of power armor. Now it seems like a cheap way of generating interest in the story.

she was hot to me when I was 12

Even worse when they get an unnecessary make over and become "Beautiful All Along" even though there was never anything wrong with her appearance in the first place

Nefcy was probably pissed at Disney for making her make those two so she made them as annoying as possible so that she could remove then without anyone making a fuss over it.

Every single episode of Phineas and Ferb minus the suspense part.

yeah, the only kind of media where blonde MC's are proeminent are JRPG's thanks to FFVII

>the smartest kid is black

Huh...

Never thought about this but it's actually true. Hey Arnold, Naruto (and his son Boruto) and Edward Alric are the only recent Male Protags with Blonde Hair that I can think of right now.

Also He-Man but he hasn't done anything since the 80's.

>The smartest kid is Asian

FTFY

>the smartest kid is indian

he had a reboot in 2003 that no one remembers

>the smartest kid is a GIRL

>best/worst. [thing]. ever.

Every fucking time, it's nearly the same dialogue. They can't even fucking mask it. They don't even do a reverse where the villain says "you should've let me fall" and the hero says why he didn't, they just jump to the direct "why? i was mean!"
like nigger just fucking quit writing that, I'd sooner not write the episode than write such a fucking line

>guy treats a girl rudely
>somehow the writers mix in how rude women are usually treated by a guy, or that a girl usually suffers by men's hand

>villain's powers have psychological horror potential
>amount to nothing but the most uncreative uses possible and cheap shock value
Looking at you, Jessica Jones

muh big twist, the masked deep voiced character can be a cute quirky glasses wearing nerd girl!

i fucking hate it more than anything, it's just "females can be X too!"

>granny can fight!
truly a shitty humor path to take

I thought this might be a Japanese media phenomenon, given their phenotype, but it's true for a lot of Western media, as well.

That's sort of the point of Kilgrave, at least in the Netflix show. And also, I love that trope.

>A man gifted with extraordinary powers that scale exponentially based on the user's creativity and intelligence — too dumb to use it to its maximum potential. It's poetic.

Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja does it (although it's not a movie)

When does this ever happen?

I've seen it used to make them more sympathetic but I've never seen a movie, show or comic where they outright use the tragic backstory to excuse bullying.

Usually it builds up to a point where the main character utterly ruins the bully, they run off crying, and the MC feels bad while everyone else pats them on the bacm.

>Usually it builds up to a point where the main character utterly ruins the bully, they run off crying, and the MC feels bad while everyone else pats them on the bacm.
More often is everyone fucks up the MC but he didn't know, and he never explains that he didn't know, and from the characters' views he just apologized rather than learned then apologized, forever never resolving the misunerstanding

>Adults in charge with decades of experience are incredibly incompetent and need the ragtag group of kids to tell them what to do

And also (from the same episode)...

>elite battle hardened adult soldiers get their asses horribly kicked by a teenage girl

American Dad. Steve's friends.

>The smartest kid falls into any demographic

>character gets dogpiled
>simply flexing his arms sends everyone on him 10 feet into the air

And it's extremely boring,

Unironically Harry Potter.

Daedalic always seem to try hard but almost all their games fall apart by the end.

Marie is supposed to be the only Kanker sister who isn't ugly...and then she has the stained teeth as a double-reversal.

And every harem anime in existence .

>>character is entirely devoted to accomplishing one task
I am going to become the best hero.
>>they finally get to accomplish task
I became the best hero
>>character doesn't follow through because of muh life will be meaningless bullshit
Oh, life is suddenly so boring.

>woman betrays guy
>guy gets mad
>I ONLY DID IT FOR A TRAGIC REASON
>guy starts sucking her cunt feeling bad and says he's sorry he got mad
made 10x worse when the girl stays mad at him even though he didn't know

>character befriends MC
>they're still friends at the end of the episode

sc2 is this taken to it's absolute extreme.

>antagonist seems just as or even more reasonable than the hero
>better make him do some edgy shit for no reason even if it doesn't make sense with the way he or she was written

>character is an animal/has animal traits
>never does anything that a human couldn't do

>"i made a funny"

So, basically Sing for the majority of its running time. Got it.

Basically any show with antrho animals does this, I don't see why you had to bring up Sing specifically.

First that came to mind, really.

>Show wants to make an empowered female character
>all the guys are made rude and incompetent so she looks good in comparison
>bonus points if she's a snide cunt

>"What's the matter user? Can't handle a strong woman saving the day?"

This shit burns me up to much to even talk about. Anyone who writes a female character bringing to the fact their gender is important in that way need to die, there's no way around it. It's dumbing the society down by extent.

>people are acting as a unit, aka, a hivemind.
>those people hate something, praise something, and worshiping together, and there is no senses of taking criticisms or evaluating things objectively.
which applies to fanbase in general, and that is why large and pretentious fanbases don't deserve anything good.

I guess they're good at middles but bad at endings

>character is a scientist
>does nothing but talk about SCIENXZCE
>is a Reddit-Tier atheist
They're all carbon copies of themselves. You've read one, you've read them all. The only difference is that back then they were designed as nerds, but now they're designed as ultra-cool "sirs" to appease the Redditards.

>start as friends
>get along for long time
>they fall for each other
HUUUURRR whY Is Thes Habbening????

this reminds me of (pic related).

this boy looks cool tho

this is rare

>Theres a "smartest one in group" ignoring the diverse kind of intelligences

Transformers Prime. Autobots often maul dozens of Vehicons (and it was established that they are sentient Cybertronians like others, not just lifeless drones), but whenever they get a chance to kill one of the big shots ala Megatron or Starscream, they let them get away.

Optimus does state he intends to kill Megatron in season 1 finale, but abandons it come season 2.

Which saddens me because it was actually quite good.

The worst is when she goes back into bitch of the group/damsel in distress mode after the reveal.
Zootopia and Rimba Racer did this in two opposite ways, one neglected stereotypes, other embraced them.