JSA Storytime: Zenith

Good evening owls,

So last time...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Pico_della_Mirandola
vulture.com/2017/10/american-heart-review-kirkus-editor-on-why-they-changed-it.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aww jeez, Shoggoth nazis.

This is going to be fun!

pretty much

First storytime was not "fully up his own ass Morisson" which I attribute at least partially to his youth and 2000AD formatting being unkind to him going on like a jackass.

OP's a SJW cunt.

i slept all day because the past 2 days at work have been long and hell. whatup

love you too, sugartits

did you know there was a time when 'SJW' was a useful term that meant something specific? now it's useless, lol.

this counts as incipient vore, right?

I do, I do! They ruined scans_daily (Well,
made something that wasn't great to begin with untenable at least) and there are occasionally loudmouths who still fit the description!

Yeah, the old working use was "people who use legitimate social justice topics to advocate for their own personal preferences in a shitty way"

it was such a useful shorthand

You can trace a nice line of the devaluation of the term, I think.

It has a lot to do with the shit meteor that was GamerGate- Anita Sarkeesian was definitely an SJW, but her opponents just started carpet bombing them term on fucking EVERYBODY.

burning bright

it was also definitely an in-group thing; "he's not completely wrong but he's such a fucking SJW about it"

I meant to read comics today and didn't

whoops

Reminder that scans daily run off Gail Simone because they threw a fit when she killed off one of the gay guys in BOP, even after she said to wait until the next issue (which is a give away that he wasn't dead).
The poor place is basically dead now and is just the same 3 people.

>poor
Reap what you sow.

what bugged me the most there is that she was like the most engaging creator, willing to hang out and also very willing to listen to fine nitpicks, but she got told that any attempt to explain herself was wrong.

F

OH SHIIIIIIIII-

never forget

they managed to impose so many absurd rules on that place that it wasn't fun even to lurk on anymore, no wonder it's just the same three people stuck in an endless circlejerk now

Fff He's Welsh, remember.

LOL

east or west berlin?

>UK Election results

Not enough visible novelty candidates!

have to pause to post this one

I don't think this timeline, with it's nuked Europe and N'azhis necessarily has a split Berlin. Or Germany.

I would absolutely vote Lord Buckethead

I'd forgotten about that aspect of it, true

Lord Buckethead legitimately had a better platform than Theresa May did, so far as I could tell from here in Canada...

SO tell me about yesterday's comics because I didn't read anything

This one is so good.

Zub called me out on twitter and I didn't even @ him
too creepy

Lol I know that feel

I’m about to start that new Mojoverse Xcrossover and Cable 150, lotta Longshot down the pike.

Saw a tweet saying “Liefeld is the God and Malin is his Prophet” from Malin and now I like him. Srry

The Wild Storm was very good.

Kid Lobotomy was interesting

What a loser.

I was totally fucking down with the nationalisation of Adele, among other things

Malin's art still sucks although I grudgingly...I guess he knows who and what he is

now I'm going to have to look at his twitter

Longshot is my favorite X-Man so I'm stoked

>Cable 150

616 Blink is so pointless at this point.
I know there was a lot of fan support for bringing her back in the Generation X letters page, but they took too long with it, and Exiles brought back AoA Blink who inspired all those letters to begin with.

there should always be more Longshot

She was cute in DnA's New Mutants.

I dunno if it’s a new costume but she’s wearing some awful shit on one of the upcoming covers.
The O5 should just become the new eXiles

this will end well

oh shit I missed that

I think it's something she wore in Necrosha? But Blink was never stacked so even then it looks absurd.

Things get rolling fast.
Didn't expect Ellis to pull several triggers this early.

I didn’t think Michael Cray 1 was that bad. The straight from DC stuff threw me

Took me a bit longer to recognize the returning Authority character than it shoulda

I explained "Bleez's talking ass" to someone today and they just fucking lost it

I'm giving it the three issues.
It wasn't so bad, but it did drag a bit.

Hope it boosts up.

Same here.
But I like the cut of the new one's jib. Very dynamic.

I am deeply meh to actively hostile about the tweaked DC stuff. I prefer muh WS more unmoored from it.

It's definitely a role more than a single character, so mixing it up there, I agree

>William the Dictator

That too. It feels like some sort of infringement of what they could be doing. I'd rather have a straight Deathblow story.

Gives it a bit of a bland edge, which even Ellis has been able to keep punchy.

It's fucking edgy, and the WS universe should be edgy but never in such a directly mirroring way

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Pico_della_Mirandola

and now I'm reading about the latest YA book controversy

Exactly.
The attention is directly divided at the core here.

But, I'll be rolling with it as long as it gets cool. And fast.

F

:(

Y'know, the horrifying monster kids probably shoulda given the Higher Ups a bit of skepticism about this plan, even before they all became hippies.

He was right.
He got one all to him.

;_;

you'd think, but it never does

I do love the EARTH MONEY joke

Oh Steve

I don't track that so elaborate?

Handsy author man as seems to be the trend in entertainment lately (founder of Just for Laughs just got ousted for Harassment, so did Loud House creator)

Man, those are not the colours I was seeing in my head.

vulture.com/2017/10/american-heart-review-kirkus-editor-on-why-they-changed-it.html

I think there's a lot of stupid shit clearly going on here but at least now if Kirkus is open about how they go about things, it's clear

that's half the fun of 2000AD, innit

these are really not the colors of my mind

there is a hell of a lot going on on this cover

Eagle/Quality Comics is why so many 2000AD people left for America. They were getting $0 for reprints of their material and they were pissed when they found out it was a thing in America.

getting $0 for reprints is pretty shit behavior

Wait, was Hitler making that woman have sex with that Nazi Shepard?

Blondi was a bitch, not male.

IPC/Fleetway was a pretty shit publisher

How's everyone's night? I'm getting late into the thread because I was a dumbass and storytimed "Structure and Mortality," which remains almost-peak Azzarello

>I can't find a picture so I'll leave it to you

>The Nazi were incapable of inventing the Doggy Strap On.

Please, user. What do you think that swastika branded harness is for?

Yeah, peak Azz is still Wonder Woman :^)

30 minutes late to my own Goon thread.

But - translations for the first episode of Nafta Super are done. Subtitles begin tomorrow.

sleepy, joints creaking, still haven't read any comics this week other than Wild Storm just now

There's an impishness to McCarthy whereas Yeowell is more stolid

>Heavy eye make up
>Flatchested

Voltage was a coke fiend, wasn't she?

Did he have lots of ebonics and slang in that? I honestly can't remember, and that's what mostly bugs me about his writing.

I'm rereading through that and snipping some choice panels.

It's Good Comics.

pretty much gotta be

There is a shit load of reaction images in it

I wish Cliff Chiang was drawing something I would read

thanks for reading quiet owls

Let's read more Zenith Sunday night

of 80s pastiches
paper girls is better than stranger things

>He began his career on Marvel UK's ZOIDS

Man, that doesn't come up very much.
Licensed book from Tomy?

Signed. I bought the first book of Paper Girls for his art and Image's cheapo book ones, and it was a dud.

I want that art on a story I wanna read!