When will HBO ever top this?

When will HBO ever top this?

Attached: 0C063C3C-7E29-46E4-BF32-8347DCD33046.jpg (709x999, 223K)

What are some other American history kino? I tried watching Turn but couldn't make it past the first episode

you must have missed true blood and the last season of GoT

TV shows or movies?

I'll take anything. I'm desperate

deadwood. sort of

Watch Gettysburg, Tora Tora Tora, Midway, and Gangs of New York.

I assume you have already seen BoB / Pacific.

Also I'm going to add The Crucible to that list.

Thanks for an actual thread, going to marathon this. ayyyyyyy

Any Ken Burns Doc.

I'm watching the national parks one right now and its comfy as fuck.

unironically Jewish propaganda

explain

jews

cool so i'll just go ahead and disregard your posts

Attached: 1497168810252.jpg (933x1024, 932K)

>watched it when it came out
>remember liking the stuff with the revolutionaries but got bored with adams' family shit

was i a pleb? should i rewatch it?

Turn isn't trying to be historically accurate, it's overdramatic tripe.

If you like Gettysburg, Gods and Generals is worth a watch.

Those first two seasons of True Blood were good until they introduced werewolves. Then witches. Then fairies. Fucking fairies!!! It was cool when it was just vampires and humans with their complicated and intertwined social-political-economic histories. There's a wonderful story that could have been explored, but the homosexual faggots who were in charge ruined it.

sookehhh

When are they going to make the third installment? There are rumors it would be titled 'The Last Full Measure'.

Would it be about Sherman's march through the South? Who would play Sherman?

Daniel Day-Lewis could do it.

I think Dennis Quaid could do very well in that role. He's got a great scowl that looks an awful lot like Sherman in the portraits. Thoughts?

is not me. Disregard everything he has to say.

Well they're making a show about Andrew Jackson with Sean Penn but the production stopped. Apparently the director left because his vision was too sympathetic for Jackson but the project hasn't been cancelled yet.

I'd love to see it. It's a shame that Trump's alleged adoration for Jackson (hint: he doesn't know jack shit about Old Hickory) has caused trouble for Jackson's legacy.

>Daniel gets so involved in the production he raises an army and loots and burns half of Georgia

Casey Affleck obviously

ARE THERE JEWS IN AFRICA?

I was reading a book that was a collection of Teddy Roosevelt's writings about US history and while he praised Jackson, he considered him a controversial figure

Bryan Cranston would make a good Sherman.

Indeed. He was controversial even in his day. Of course by the force of his personality he was able to corral the nation's politics into a vision of his choosing in an era which bares his name. He was the most successful President between Washington and Lincoln. While I certainly don't agree with all of his policies (I'd have definitely been with Clay and his Whigs), and many of those policies are badly misconstrued (indian removal, for example) he was a remarkable leader who aimed high and largely achieved. And Sean Penn would be wonderful casting. But I'd hate to see our current politics get in the way of good history.

I found Paul Giamatti's accent insufferable and I am a history major.

>history major

Well, you can be sure to show Paul the correct accent when you ask him, "would you like fries with that?"